Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Trunk

Go down 
+44
BubbaTwoSix
the sentinel
ultmetal
666_Evil_666
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
Boris2008
Andy
brokentulsa
stepcousin
stpatrik
James B.
skullkrusher
mlotek
TheDoctor'sScarf
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Getizzyback
sheets
Panteralover23
jstate
FlyingV
mr.electric39
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
Jesusandmetal23
Addy
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
chewie
manny
Wargod
Troublezone
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd be down for some reruns of Remote Control... remember Kari Wuhrer? Wotta babe.

Eddie Trunk - Page 7 C4909fddd427da9cadbc3c20f8b6df0c

O yeah!!!!!!!!!

Reruns of Headbanger's ball need to be on deck!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:07 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Now you're talking !
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:58 am

In theory those reruns of HB sound cool, but I don't know how much I would actually watch. Once for sure for nostalgic reasons (and to find a hidden gem or two) but then it would probably end up like House of Hair. I am stoked for it but then get bored pretty quickly when it's a bunch of songs I have heard a million times before. Still it would be better than old reruns of the Real World or some equally awful celebrity show. Just my 2 pennies.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:06 am

I ready an article that MTV Classic will focus on the MTV in the 90's... In other words, it's going to suck.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:59 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I ready an article that MTV Classic will focus on the MTV in the 90's... In other words, it's going to suck.

Well that just sucks. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 12:54 pm

The article that i read said that there will be shows titled "headbangers" and "i want my 80s" as well as Metal Evolution (hopefully we get new episodes of that one).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 3:09 pm

I lived, ate, and breastfeed from 90s MTv, so I'm cool with that. However, another article states that Headbangers Ball will be in the mix with 80s stuff, so hooray for that as well. I'm excited. I almost cut my cable until discovering this.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Had it on most of the day. Sad to say it's pretty shitty. They even air recent shows like Pimp my Ride. Wtf.

EDIT: Just found out they're doing a f*cking Hills marathon. Guess I will be cutting the cable.

And Daria still isn't anywhere near funny.

F*ck mtv.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Seems like the last few times I've bothered to tune into VH-1 Classic, all they were playing was sh*tty, edited, commercial-filled movies that everyone and their brother has seen a million times already. The weekends were the only time I could find anything music related. So for that factor alone, it won't be missed.

As for the switch to MTV Classic, well, from the sounds of it, I won't be tuning in much there either. I skipped out on much of that programming the first time around and haven't felt nostalgic about Daria yet.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Seems like the last few times I've bothered to tune into VH-1 Classic, all they were playing was sh*tty, edited, commercial-filled movies that everyone and their brother has seen a million times already. The weekends were the only time I could find anything music related. So for that factor alone, it won't be missed.

As for the switch to MTV Classic, well, from the sounds of it, I won't be tuning in much there either. I skipped out on much of that programming the first time around and haven't felt nostalgic about Daria yet.

Yeah VH1-C started strong with Trunk's interview segments and guest spots, then became awful and repetitious, and this really follows the same formula except for a few old MTv staples. I'm still waiting to see what they do with the hour they've labeled "Headbangers." Could be episodes of Heabanger's Ball, could be no different than the pop metal of VH1-C's Metal hour.

Being a 90's kid who was schooled on those old alternative videos and live events, I was excited for this, but I fear it's nothing more than Viacom's brass throwing us bits of herring while assuming us gullible.

Oh and today I saw no less than four videos produced in 2007-2008. That's not even a decade old. "Classic." Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:06 pm

The other day I saw a dude in an '86 Toyota Corolla that was rusted out and roached to hell but was more classic than MTV's new channel.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 12:31 pm

This morning they aired Nickleback's Photograph, directly after Pantera's Walk.

I'm done. *Snip*
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 12:07 am

Last night's Headbangers wasn't too bad at all. A few videos they probably hadn't played in some time.

Here's some of what they played:

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live Binge And Purge)
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Exodus - Toxic Waltz
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Overkill - In Union We Stand
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - Walk
Flotsam and Jetsam - Saturday Night's Alright
Dio - Rainbow In The Drak
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
Maiden - Can I Play With Madness
WASP - Wild Child
Saxon - Denim And Leather
Priest - Freewill Burning
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 12:26 pm

kyleblack wrote:
Last night's Headbangers wasn't too bad at all. A few videos they probably hadn't played in some time.

Exodus - Toxic Waltz
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - Walk
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
WASP - Wild Child

Which is every staple vh1c had been airing on a daily basis for the past decade. The MTV banner is merely a guise. This is simply vh1c dressed up as MTV. They're assuming we're idiots.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 12:58 pm

I really hadn't paid close attention to Metal Mania or any VH1 Classic in awhile to be honest. I assumed they had stopped playing some of those.
Unless they really start pulling from the archives, I won't be catching much MTV Classic either.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
kyleblack wrote:

Exodus - Toxic Waltz
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - Walk
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
WASP - Wild Child

Which is every staple vh1c had been airing on a daily basis for the past decade. The MTV banner is merely a guise. This is simply vh1c dressed up as MTV. They're assuming we're idiots.

I had the same thought as I started reading the list. Great tunes and all, but that's pretty much every episode of Metal Mania right there.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 12:07 am

the sentinel wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
kyleblack wrote:

Exodus - Toxic Waltz
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - Walk
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
WASP - Wild Child

I had the same thought as I started reading the list. Great tunes and all, but that's pretty much every episode of Metal Mania right there.

Honestly I've been having memories of my time with mtv and recalling screaming "PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT" at my CRT TV. Things got really stale, especially after Smashing Pumpkins did their thing, and the repetition got ridiculous. Headbangers Ball was dissipating. It was a frustrating time for a young lad who had just discovered rock and metal for the first time.

Still, there was more availability than the list above. VH, man...Right Here was in constant rotation. Several Bush era Anthrax tunes kept popping up. And Aerosmith...dude, they were king with that Get A Grip shit. And the grunge videos were mesmerizing (sorry, fellas, but that was an amazing era for rock music).

Part of me wishes they would have just re aired original programming. RIP two-digit LED black box. Cable used to be the shit.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 4:41 am

Finally got around to watching Hour 1. Brought back some memories. I remember most of those videos. But this video was a headscratcher, I guess at the time MTV didn't have a lot of videos to choose from. I forgot all about this song.

But I think the best part was the old commercials.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 pm

They've already went back to the Metal Mania name. Also That Metal Show repeats are back next week.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 12:55 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Finally got around to watching Hour 1. Brought back some memories. I remember most of those videos. But this video was a headscratcher, I guess at the time MTV didn't have a lot of videos to choose from. I forgot all about this song.

But I think the best part was the old commercials.

My issue with the Hour One marathon is vh1 already did that for MTV's 30th anniversary. It was a rather novel idea and I dug it, but again, this smells no different than what we had before.

kyleblack wrote:
They've already went back to the Metal Mania name. Also That Metal Show repeats are back next week.

Boom. I noticed that too. Such a clever bunch running this network.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 7:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
kyleblack wrote:

Exodus - Toxic Waltz
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - Walk
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
WASP - Wild Child

Honestly I've been having memories of my time with mtv and recalling screaming "PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT" at my CRT TV. Things got really stale, especially after Smashing Pumpkins did their thing, and the repetition got ridiculous. Headbangers Ball was dissipating. It was a frustrating time for a young lad who had just discovered rock and metal for the first time.

Still, there was more availability than the list above. VH, man...Right Here was in constant rotation. Several Bush era Anthrax tunes kept popping up. And Aerosmith...dude, they were king with that Get A Grip shit. And the grunge videos were mesmerizing (sorry, fellas, but that was an amazing era for rock music).

Part of me wishes they would have just re aired original programming. RIP two-digit LED black box. Cable used to be the shit.

Shay, I recall doing the same thing. I watched from almost the beginning and it seemed to get repetitive in the early nineties. The variety was gone as was the second tier bands. It seemed like only the top 40, platinum artists were getting play and no one else. Gone were the Impellitteris and Hericane Alice vids as well as the "headbanging" stuff like Testament and Overkill. It really became a shell of its former self by 1990. In my humble opine, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 am

Looks like the MTV Classic rebranding has been a dumpster fire. (from Wiki)

Quote :
for three days leading up to January 1, 2017, MTV Classic aired 24-hour block "Decade-a-thons" consisting of music videos from the 1980s leading up to the 2000s. Afterwards, MTV Classic unveiled a new automated all-video schedule, with all of the older MTV and VH1 Classic series content removed.

As of the end of 2016, the channel was the least-watched English-language channel on all of American cable, averaging only 30–35,000 viewers on an average night in primetime (a decline of nearly a third from the already-low numbers VH1 Classic had netted in 2015), which was likely a factor in the network quickly abandoning their new format after five months.

As of the end of May 2017, its numbers slipped even further to an average of 14,000 viewers per night, only ahead of the moribund Esquire Network and beIN Sports, which at that time of the year is in its non-prime sports season. Even those low numbers were halved by the end of July 2017, as that month's ratings showed it averaging 7,000 viewers per night

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 8:05 am

Hmmm. The video boom/era is dead, at least through the cable television venues.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:
The other day I saw a dude in an '86 Toyota Corolla that was rusted out and roached to hell but was more classic than MTV's new channel.

lol!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd be down for some reruns of Remote Control... remember Kari Wuhrer? Wotta babe.

Eddie Trunk - Page 7 C4909fddd427da9cadbc3c20f8b6df0c

O yeah!!!!!!!!!

I think we need a 24 hour Kari Wuhrer channel.  She is a stunning beauty IMHO. Remember the show Sliders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddie Trunk
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7