Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Trunk

Go down 
+44
BubbaTwoSix
the sentinel
ultmetal
666_Evil_666
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
Boris2008
Andy
brokentulsa
stepcousin
stpatrik
James B.
skullkrusher
mlotek
TheDoctor'sScarf
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Getizzyback
sheets
Panteralover23
jstate
FlyingV
mr.electric39
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
Jesusandmetal23
Addy
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
chewie
manny
Wargod
Troublezone
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm usually one to defend this fan-boy, but listeneing to a segment of last night's radio show was too much to let this little nugget slip by.

This weekend coming up, over in Europe Heaven & Hell will be performing for what may be their very last public performance with Glenn Hughes and Jorn Lande sharing vocals duties for the departed Dio. While Eddie was talking about this performance and how exciting/sad is might be, he was clueless as to who Jorn was, what type of music he played or what bands he's been in. What made it worse was Brian Slagel from Metal Blade was in the studio with him and he was only slightly more familiar with the name. "I think he plays 80's style metal over in Europe". The 2 of them couldn't have sounded dumber on the subject. I was kinda surprised that Slagel didn't have a little more knowledge on him.

I don't expect Eddie to know every singer or band on the face of the earth, but c'mon. If you're gonna talk about the concert, do a little research beforehand and at least familiarize yourself with the participants so you don't sound like such a tool.

End rant.

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Bad preparation is all. Both of those guys don't usually like european power metal.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah, he's caught me by surprise on the rare occasion with not knowing a certain band when it seems like you he would know already. I mean, I don't own a single album by Jorn or any band he's been a member of but I know who he is and have known for years.

Certainly with his Dio tribute album you'd think Eddie would know him!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Eddie knows, but is probably trying to block that crap from his memory.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Quote :
Bad preparation is all.

That's all I'm saying. If you're gonna talk about a certain topic at great length and promote it, you should know the key figures. 2 minutes on Wikipedia would have given Eddie enough info about Jorn to sound somewhat educated about the guy. I never heard a Jorn song either, but I know who he is and his style.

Quote :
Eddie knows, but is probably trying to block that crap from his memory.

Eddie Trunk Icon_lol

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:02 am

I didn't have a clue who Jorn was before Dio's death.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:20 am

Eddie is stuck in the 80's and always will be look at who has been on TMS mostly 70's, 80's members. Eddie is clueless to Euro metal or any other form of metal in other countries.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Eddie is stuck in the 80's and always will be look at who has been on TMS mostly 70's, 80's members. Eddie is clueless to Euro metal or any other form of metal in other countries.

Wargod51

I think you're right about Eddie's knowledge about the Euro-metal scene, but I think there is also certain pressure from the network to have guests on That Metal Show most folks will know, nevermind how relevant they may or may not be.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am

I don't see why there would be pressure. I mean, the show is on VH1 Classic. No one's tuning into VH1C to see and hear about the latest from "thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain", Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed or Nickelback. It's a niche show on a niche network. I think the only time they've ever featured a newer act was when that Jamey guy was on, and the show sucked... and he only got on because they had a cancellation!

I *would* like to see them feature some of the newer bands that have a strong old school influence though or at least bands that might appeal to fans of "classic" artists: White Wizzard, Papa Roach, Evile, Buckcherry, Charm City Devils, Hinder, the various glam/sleaze acts... Actually, come to think of it, Avenged Sevenfold would fit in too.

I'm kinda bummed because with the move I just made, I'm temporarily living with my parents and they only have basic cable: Channels 2 thru 60-something, so no Classic for me. At least I can watch it online.

EDIT:

WOW! Are you serious about editing out K O R N ??? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:25 am

Quote :
I don't see why there would be pressure. I mean, the show is on VH1 Classic. No one's tuning into VH1C to see and hear about the latest from "thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain", Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed or Nickelback.

Right. That's what I mean. They have a niche audience, so they aren't gonna venture too far out of that "safe zone" and book guests that don't fit into that demographic. And I think allot of the guests they have one there are show business friends from Eddie's radio show.

Except for Ace Frehley of course, who is Eddie's bestest buddy in the whole wide world. Has he mentioned that?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:26 am

I donot know much about Euro Metal bands or power metal bands in general but he should have some knowledge, after all its part of his job, hell I know who Jorn is and I have never heard his music but I have heard his name and have some idea what his music sounds like.

I know he is catering to fossils like me but he should try to keep up with the scene just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 am

manny wrote:
I donot know much about Euro Metal bands or power metal bands in general but he should have some knowledge, after all its part of his job, hell I know who Jorn is and I have never heard his music but I have heard his name and have some idea what his music sounds like.

I know he is catering to fossils like me but he should try to keep up with the scene just a little bit.

Really! If my dumb old ass can somewhat keep up, he can.....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Except for Ace Frehley of course, who is Eddie's bestest buddy in the whole wide world. Has he mentioned that?

I thought Dio was his bestest buddy? Razz
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:15 am

You who is Eddies favorite band don't you?

UFO

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Eddie has very limited knowledge on most modern metal unless it's the suck over-popular type. I dislike this guy but I think he's got a decent show.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 pm

yet another reason not to like him. Eddie Trunk Icon_rolleyes

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

From Eddie Trunk's website:

First and foremost I had a great meeting at VH1 yesterday about the next season of TMS which debuts 10/16 on VH1 Classic. Its no secret that I have long wanted TMS to be an hour long. I am THRILLED to announce it finally will be for the upcoming new run of shows! Thanks to your amazing support ratings and buzz have never been greater and the show is growing. All kinds of exciting announcements to come as well as the upcoming guests for the next season. We start shooting in L.A. in late Sept. All kinds of great news to come on the TV front.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:09 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:24 pm

manny wrote:

First and foremost I had a great meeting at VH1 yesterday about the next season of TMS which debuts 10/16 on VH1 Classic. Its no secret that I have long wanted TMS to be an hour long. I am THRILLED to announce it finally will be for the upcoming new run of shows! Thanks to your amazing support ratings and buzz have never been greater and the show is growing. All kinds of exciting announcements to come as well as the upcoming guests for the next season. We start shooting in L.A. in late Sept. All kinds of great news to come on the TV front.

As much of a tool as trunk is, it;s still a decent talk show
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 pm

I bet Ult can Stump The Trunk
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Addy wrote:
I bet Ult can Stump The Trunk

We all could!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 am

Yeah, an hour long TMS would rule.

I have a killer question for him...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 am

Yay, now we get a full hour of Eddie telling us how Ace Frehley is a close personal friend of his while the other two doofuses continue to be unfunny.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 am

manny wrote:

That's cool. I've said before that the half-hour format was too rushed. I hope they take more time with the interviews and not just pack more bits into the new timing.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I thought Ace's best pal was me Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

Eddie Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Trunk   Eddie Trunk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddie Trunk
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next