Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?

Go down 
+2
manny
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Empty
PostSubject: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Not sure how many will find this appealing. Hell, I'm not sure that I even do. I love Fast Eddie and I love a good blues jam, but I'm not sure those 2 elements mix here.

Anyway, Eddie Clarke has released a full-on blues album with some jazz guy Bill Sharpe.
Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? 91aEBzxb-gL._SL1425_

This song, an instrumental, isn't all that bad. Nothing a thousand blues guitarists before him haven't done, but capable.

Then this one, the first single I guess.

This one just sounds so cliched, bland, old guy sings the blues. The mellow keyboards, the soulless female background singers.

I dunno man. When Lemmy wants to go back-to-basics and play some rockabilly, I'm on board with it. No problem. But this is just so...white bread.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Its ok, but like you stated cliche ridden, if he was no Fast Eddie Clarke, this album would have never seen the light of the day.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

I love 'the blues' - for a loooooong time - this isn't good. Lemmy should have sang instead, maybe.
However - that guitar solo on " Like A Nightmare " by Motorhead - was true blazing bluesy metal -
He looks great - and the video certainly has cool images to boot - bullets falling - crossroads - Sleep 
For some reason though , I think of the early 70's - Dire Straits - maybe even Peter Criss solo lp -
Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry charactor said , " make my day " -  Didn't Motorhead have " Perfect Day " ?
I do wonder if he gets any royalty checks from his contributions to Motorhead - sad.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:53 pm

With Lemmy still making quality music and even Dave King still making quality music, this is pretty sad.

It's not even interesting enough to be bad! It's just that i could go to any one of 5 or 6 pubs in my local area and hear stuff just like it. Thoroughly uninspired and mediocre.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Eh, not too crazy about this. Nice to see him doing something recent, however the newest Fastway record blows this straight to hell. Seems like Eddie could've made a MUCH more interesting blues album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:34 am

Not too shabby.
I am not too much into blues, but have been meaning to collect Fastway again and Fast Eddie solo Lp's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?   Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fast Eddie Plays the Blues?!?
Page 1 of 1