Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

France is rated the top place to live in the world

Go down 
+21
Spyder Jonez
mc666
Addy
fingers
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
DeathCult
Ultimate.Nightmare
sheets
TheGooch
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
kmorg
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Id like to visit Nova Scotia, England, Australia, wouldnt mind Ireland and Scotland places with old cool castles would rule!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Forgot Australia. Also Japan, The Caribbeans (thanks to the Pirates movies), and (thanks to Lord Of The Rings) I would love to see New Zealand.

At this point I'd just love to see Hawaii; The Rocky Mountains (it's been over 20 years; Key West; Uvalde, TX; and even Oklahoma (beautiful lake and forestry). I'm just so sick of the suburbs and the cities.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Hawaii and tropical places i have no real desire to visit
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:00 am

Addy wrote:
Id like to visit Nova Scotia, England, Australia, wouldnt mind Ireland and Scotland places with old cool castles would rule!!!!!

Those are some of the ones i would like to see as well. (In addition to Scandinavia). I'm partial to the cooler weather and the old castles.

The carribean would also be a great place to explore with all the pirate history. France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 927150

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I didn't vote for the man but I keep thinking it's ridiculous how a lot of people are flipping out after 1 year when they voted for 8 years of the prior administration. And not a lot horrible of note has even gone on in the last year. Gah.

Not to derail thread further, just had to put it out there. Doesn't really have to do with the posts.

yeah its not been anywhere near as bad so far as Bush. i just think Obama will become a victim of his own hype. hes the st.anger of the political world lol!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 pm

I think Obama has done dam good with what he's had handed to him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm

France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 pm

MB this is where we are polar opposites but then again I have no faith or trust in politicians or the government, heck I dont even have faith in our justice system
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Addy wrote:
MB this is where we are polar opposites but then again I have no faith or trust in politicians or the government, heck I dont even have faith in our justice system

I don't have faith in politicians either, I never put my faith in human beings because they make mistakes and are imperfect beings. I believe in the principles and the foundation of the U.S. government and our Justice System but not the people in charge of them.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 pm

mc666 wrote:

Quote :
i've got the money, but never the time.

Bro! I've got the time.

mynameisscott74@hotmail.com

Paypal, baby! France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Addy wrote:

I don't have faith in politicians either, I never put my faith in human beings because they make mistakes and are imperfect beings. I believe in the principles and the foundation of the U.S. government and our Justice System but not the people in charge of them.

Especially as time goes on it just gets further perverted..... Times are a changing so I guess I dont want to live in Washington DC lol
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Actually, I can agree with that. Politics is dirty business. As for Obama inheriting stuff, it's been over a year, eventually if things don't get better your going to have to turn it on Obama. You can't keep blaming someone who is gone

Bottomline, the current problems fall straight on Obama. What he inherited isn't even a fraction of what he has created for America and continues to create.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey Spyder LTNS hows things?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Spyder Jonez wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Actually, I can agree with that. Politics is dirty business. As for Obama inheriting stuff, it's been over a year, eventually if things don't get better your going to have to turn it on Obama. You can't keep blaming someone who is gone

Bottomline, the current problems fall straight on Obama. What he inherited isn't even a fraction of what he has created for America and continues to create.

PUH-LEAZE.

But that's all I'm gonna say. I don't want to get into a heated political discussion.

But I will post this:

http://www.barackobama.com/recovery/video.php

Just a few little 'facts' about the recovery act.

Over 1 million US citizens have benefitted from the recovery act.

The economy is coming back as we speak because of the recovery act.

But I will also admit that I am a bit disappointed in Obama in that he stubbornly refuses to lift the federal ban on medical cannibas. It's already been made legal on the state level for crying out loud.

Oh well ... I guess no one's perfect.

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Just what is the statute of limitations for blaming one's predecessor for things going wrong and how can I get a job where I can blame everything on the person who came before me forever?

Just curious.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 pm

I'd say about one year.

Now he must stand up and be a leader.

If he fails during 2010, he won't be re-elected.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm

I already think he won't be re-elected. Obviously the right and right-leaning independents don't like him yet the far left also doesn't like what he's doing because they don't think he's liberal enough.

I think barring some miracle, Obama's toast.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I already think he won't be re-elected. Obviously the right and right-leaning independents don't like him yet the far left also doesn't like what he's doing because they don't think he's liberal enough.

I'd be inclined to agree.

I voted for him - but it was actually more of a vote of 'the lesser of the two evils'. I've never been an actual fanboy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'd be inclined to agree.

I voted for him - but it was actually more of a vote of 'the lesser of the two evils'. I've never been an actual fanboy.
I think you have a lot of company in that rationale for your vote.

EDIT: Sad commentary that American politics comes to "lesser of two evils" isn't it? I agree, the last several elections boil down to that voting strategy.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 pm

I think we found something to agree on. Our choices have been pretty crappy lately. I think someone said it best, "Let's kick out the people we have now and start over." Won't happen but how many people keep getting re-elected over and over again and things don't improve (on both sides).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

I read that Obama cancelled the national day of Prayer then he's found praying with Muslims thats what I have a problem with, thats all I am gonna say I pray to God that this inexperianced joke of a politican is out in the next election
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 am

I'd rather not help fuel the political discussion, but this time I just couldn't help myself.

Addy wrote:
I read that Obama cancelled the national day of Prayer then he's found praying with Muslims thats what I have a problem with, thats all I am gonna say I pray to God that this inexperianced joke of a politican is out in the next election

So you have a problem with the fact that he's trying to build bridges with muslims? I think that's a commendable effort, and very wise of him. I also agree with him cancelling the national day of prayer. Imo religion has no place in government (not that I am anti-religion in any shape or form).

Note that I'm not some douche who thinks that Obama is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ or anything, it's just that the constant b!tching about him by conservatives gets on my nerves as much as the praises from liberals.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I'd rather not help fuel the political discussion, but this time I just couldn't help myself.

Addy wrote:

So you have a problem with the fact that he's trying to build bridges with muslims? I think that's a commendable effort, and very wise of him. I also agree with him cancelling the national day of prayer. Imo religion has no place in government (not that I am anti-religion in any shape or form).

Note that I'm not some douche who thinks that Obama is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ or anything, it's just that the constant b!tching about him by conservatives gets on my nerves as much as the praises from liberals.

I couldnt help myself either......Yes I Do have a problem with it, as a believer in Jesus Christ I have a big problem with it. I dont expect everybody to believe as me and that's ok, I dont think less of anybody who disagrees with me, but our nation's leader from my standpoint should not be a sun bowing muslim. Yes I have a problem with it, YES I have a HUGE Problem with it. I have a problem with Obama, I dont like him, out of all the president's weve had in the last 20 years I dislike Obama the most. I think I wouldnt mind him trying to bridge the gap if it were not at the expense of the Christian leaders. It pisses me off to no end to those brainless saps who think that he is the second coming it makes me sick. He's not Jesus Christ not even freaking close. But then again anybody who knows me knows I don't like politicians I don't believe in our government and I am in the belief that our system is not only largely flawed but that as Mustaine has put it "The System Has Failed" I dont think it will ever get better I think it will continue to get worse until someone with some bullocks stands up and does something. I dont think McCain would have done much better IMO. What scares me is our nation will suffer, spiritually speaking, it scares me that we have so many godless leaders in our government. I believe in Democracy but the choices that have been given to us are getting steadily worse. If I had it my way in a perfect world we'd be ruled by a Theocracy, one government all God fearing men and women, all believe in God and in Jesus Christ. There would be noone who wouldnt believe, that to me would be a perfect world. But Im dreaming and to think that it could ever happen is naive on my part. I know itll never happen, It'lll get worse. Thats my belief, agree, disagree, whatever.....
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Addy wrote:
either......Yes I Do have a problem with it, as a believer in Jesus Christ I have a big problem with it. I dont expect everybody to believe as me and that's ok, I dont think less of anybody who disagrees with me, but our nation's leader from my standpoint should not be a sun bowing muslim.

Oh, so praying with muslims makes you a muslim? That's an interesting leap of logic. As far as I know Obama is still a Christian (although his church was definitely rather questionable). As I said, he is simply trying to build bridges between muslims and non-muslims, which is very much appropriate for the President of the US.

Addy wrote:

What scares me is our nation will suffer, spiritually speaking, it scares me that we have so many godless leaders in our government. I believe in Democracy but the choices that have been given to us are getting steadily worse. If I had it my way in a perfect world we'd be ruled by a Theocracy, one government all God fearing men and women, all believe in God and in Jesus Christ. There would be noone who wouldnt believe, that to me would be a perfect world. But Im dreaming and to think that it could ever happen is naive on my part. I know itll never happen, It'lll get worse. Thats my belief, agree, disagree, whatever.....

Oh yeah, a theocracy... we had that here in Europe back in the Dark Ages. Those were good times... Rolling Eyes Not to sound like a pompous arsehole (which I probably will, but what the hell), but have you ever heard of John Locke's Letters Concerning Tolerance? To quite the almighty Wikipedia:

Locke, writing his Letters Concerning Toleration (1689–92) in the aftermath of the European wars of religion, formulated a classic reasoning for religious tolerance. Three arguments are central: (1) Earthly judges, the state in particular, and human beings generally, cannot dependably evaluate the truth-claims of competing religious standpoints; (2) Even if they could, enforcing a single "true religion" would not have the desired effect, because belief cannot be compelled by violence; (3) Coercing religious uniformity would lead to more social disorder than allowing diversity.

So there you have it. These are fundamentals the entire Western world was built on, and you suggest everyone should be Christian? That is pretty arrogant if you ask me. But hey, it's your opinion. If that's what you believe, more power to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: France is rated the top place to live in the world   France is rated the top place to live in the world - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

France is rated the top place to live in the world
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next