Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Known Great Albums

Go down 
+34
James B.
jstate
exact33
Conservationist
Thrasher73
325ad
JBall_Z
Stender
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
zombiewalkin
ghost
Fat Freddy
kmorg
SAHB Healer
krokus
stepcousin
mc666
sovdat
Required Fields
GrandNational
stormspell
Shiney
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Quote :
I'm an east coaster transplanted out to the southwest.

What part of the southwest? I'm in Albuquerque.

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Opprobrium - Discerning Forces
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I remember Manitoba's Wild Kingdom!

Here's one forgotten band that I've always enjoyed: Princess Pang... a female fronted sleaze/hard rock band from New York. Very much in the NY Dolls/Hanoi Rocks/early Aerosmith vein if that's your bag. They released one pretty killer album (on Metal Blade Records of all labels!) in 1989, and then promptly disappeared off the face of the Earth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 am

Not bad tune FF, I actually enjoyed it, when they first came out I had heard the name but never the music.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 am

Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Adam+Bomb+-+Fatal+Attraction

New York rocker Adam Bomb, who formed a band that consisted of Jimmy Crespo, straight out of Aerosmith, Phil Feitt formerly of Riot and ex Billy Idol drummer Greg Gerson. Adam Bomb even picked up the some powerful management Lebers-Kreb who had managed Aerosmith, AC/DC among others. Signed to Geefen records, Mr.Bomb was suppose to become the next big thing in the pop metal world, it never happened and Jimmy Crespo left Adam Bomb shortly afterwards.

Despite his silly ass name I do like Adam Bomb's pop metal material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseI9mv9vVU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 am

I remember Adam Bomb too. Back in the day either my brother or I (forget which) sent in a coupon from an ad in Circus Magazine for a "free sample" of Adam Bomb's music. Months later (long after we'd forgotten about it) we finally got a cheap ass plastic "flexi disc" in the mail with his song "I Love My Heavy Metal" on it, which never played properly on our old turntable. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:08 am

detuned wrote:
Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 D3763033m03

This album has always been underrated, both when it was released and now almost 20 years later. The production by Terry Brown is a huge plus and the songwriting is some of their best.

YES!!! Completely underrated and under-heard album!

May I submit to you all, Lords of the Crimson Alliance!
Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 LOTCA-front

I would LOVE to have this on vinyl, or to see a CD re-issue (Stormspell, are you reading this?). Of course, it's been bootlegged in MP3 format all over the 'net because it's so rare, and I've seen copies of this on Gemm and MusicStack for over $100 - ouch! But it's a great album in the vein of early Cirith Ungol, with that odd vocal sound & approach, and a penchant for theatrics & over the top narration that just make this fun to listen to. Doomy, some NWOBHM influence, and highly crunchy & stylish, this is one that needs to be heard by the metal masses. We need a Cd re-issue!

EDIT: Fat Freddy, thanks for the mention of Princess Pang - reminds me of Ransom's 2nd album "Soul Asylum" with its bluesy swagger & feel - good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am

Core Device-Our Fellowship Eternal

HavocHate-Cycle of Pain
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 pm

I'd like to add Leeway "born to expire"
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Quote :

Arizona

Child's Play "Rat Race" Love this album. I actually think this song is one of the weaker ones on the record. Day After Night should have been the single.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Fury

I am going to throw in Fury In the Slaughterhouse. A German band that enjoyed a huge following overseas but over here only managed a few minor (very very minor) radio hits. Loved their dark humor in their songs and their 1992 should be considered a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Ylln_3x48
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Prophet ~ Cycle of the Moon

One of the best Hard Rock/AOR albums ever made! This band featured Ted Doley before his Danger Danger days!

Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 B0025BR23K
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :

Arizona

Child's Play "Rat Race" Love this album. I actually think this song is one of the weaker ones on the record. Day After Night should have been the single.

Did you know there's a second Child's Play album? I only found that out this summer. Can't find it though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Rat Race is a good album.I have that one but I didnt realize they had released a second album either
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:34 pm

The second Childs Play album is called "Long Way".

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Known Great Albums
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4