Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Known Great Albums

Go down 
+34
James B.
jstate
exact33
Conservationist
Thrasher73
325ad
JBall_Z
Stender
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
zombiewalkin
ghost
Fat Freddy
kmorg
SAHB Healer
krokus
stepcousin
mc666
sovdat
Required Fields
GrandNational
stormspell
Shiney
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 8:42 am

Artch is a good suggestion. They have a sound that would appeal to fans of Metal Church, Barren Cross and Vicious Rumors.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:40 am

I always felt that Warrior Soul were one of the great unrecognized bands of the early 90s. Their first three albums (LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY; DRUGS, GOD AND THE NEW REPUBLIC; and SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION) are all incredible discs (especially SALUTATIONS!)
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:53 am

I have the release of Power Infusion of the band Trance as a vinyl copy. It was released in 1983 and I listened to this one very often during the eighties. And I still like it. It was the second album of the band. They play a straight 80s Heavy Metal very clear with catchy vocals. Typical German Metal during this time. I think people who like Blind Guardian can also like Trance. I don’t know if this one was ever released on CD, because unfortunately the band never went very popular.

Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 207260

There was an other release, which I had on tape. But I haven’t it anymore since many years now. But I still have the chorus of one title in my ears. I thing this one was titled “Break Out”.

Does anybody know this band?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:27 pm

stormspell wrote:

I'd hope everyone here would know Sortilege...
Anyway, I'd go with Hero's Tears - much better than Metamorphose imo.

Hero's tears has prog leanings like Warlord. It's good IMO, but I don't like it as much because the guitars sound buried under in the mix. Everything they ever did was good.
Trance is a very fun German band. Evary bit as good as Sortilege in their own way. Artch and Warrior Soul were excellent also. It's good to see tis stuff mentioned.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:29 pm

P.S.- I have both of the Trance releases on CD, and I don't remember paying a huge price for them, so they are out there.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:42 pm

ghost wrote:
I have the release of Power Infusion of the band Trance as a vinyl copy. It was released in 1983 and I listened to this one very often during the eighties. And I still like it. It was the second album of the band. They play a straight 80s Heavy Metal very clear with catchy vocals. Typical German Metal during this time. I think people who like Blind Guardian can also like Trance. I don’t know if this one was ever released on CD, because unfortunately the band never went very popular.

Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 207260

There was an other release, which I had on tape. But I haven’t it anymore since many years now. But I still have the chorus of one title in my ears. I thing this one was titled “Break Out”.

Does anybody know this band?

Of course i know this band 🤘 I have the following records by the band:
A HARD WAY TO GO 7"single
HEAVY METAL QUEEN picture disc
VICTORY lp
BREAK OUT lp
POWER INFUSION LP
ROCKERS LP
SHOCK POWER CD
BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS CD
WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN mini CD
and the first two TRANCEMISSION albums (BACK IN TRANCE I and II).
I am happy that some other people remember this underated band.
http://www.trancemission-music.com
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 1:39 am

krokus wrote:
[url=http://www.trancemission-music.com
http://www.trancemission-music.com[/quote[/url]]

Thank you very much for the link Krokus. Very Happy I didn’t know that they still exist and changed their name to Trancemission.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:51 pm

[quote="ghost"]
krokus wrote:
http://www.trancemission-music.com[/quote]

Thank you very much for the link Krokus. Very Happy I didn’t know that they still exist and changed their name to Trancemission.

No problem Ghost. If you like TRANCE you will also like TRANCEMISSION🤘
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Toranaga - God's Gift

British outfit with one album to their name. This came out in 1990 and is great piece of midtempo thrash with some doomy elements. Rather Overkillish I think.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 3:29 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
Toranaga - God's Gift

British outfit with one album to their name. This came out in 1990 and is great piece of midtempo thrash with some doomy elements. Rather Overkillish I think.

I didnt know about that release by TORANAGA. I have BASTARD BALLADS from 88.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:34 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
Toranaga - God's Gift

Actually, they also have an EP out as well. Bastard Ballads, on Peaceville, came out before God's Gift. It's even more rare than G.G. as well.

I was actually gonna post this one!lol! I just got a CD copy of God's Gift a few days ago. The album opener, The Shrine, is a MONSTER thrash tune! I love it's mix of tempos, with some doom-y parts, midpaced romping, and some thrashing goodness!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 5:09 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:
Toranaga - God's Gift

Actually, they also have an EP out as well. Bastard Ballads, on Peaceville, came out before God's Gift. It's even more rare than G.G. as well.

I was actually gonna post this one!lol! I just got a CD copy of God's Gift a few days ago. The album opener, The Shrine, is a MONSTER thrash tune! I love it's mix of tempos, with some doom-y parts, midpaced romping, and some thrashing goodness!

Okay, from the UK thrash scene the one severely underrated band in need of some acknowledgements is DEATHWISH! Both albums are great, but "Demon Preacher" is absolute headbangers delight! And dont let being deceived by some false reviews in online circulation claiming it is doomy like Black Sabbath - cant be more false than that statement Laughing very hard

Oh and another total UK thrash gem I almost forgot:

SACRILEGE - Turn Back Trilobite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:44 pm

I listened to God's Gift a couple of times and it's definitely something I like + good lyrics!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 4:56 pm

I personally think that "Beautiful Creatures" - both albums, ST and Duece are amazing rock n roll albums. I cant think of to many standard rock n roll bands that kick like they do and make albums from begining to end that are simply amazing!

Check em out!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 1:34 am

Skew Siskin is a band that I have liked for some time...didn't know anyone else did!

CRASH is very good! Found them by accident.

I would add Sledgehammer Ledge... Think of an angry Skid Row running headlong into an angry Cinderella...and then get a bit heavier.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:55 pm

Might I add Blitzkrieg's (usa) 'Ready for Action'

came out in 1985 hair metal of sorts.. I always thought they had a heavier sound than most.... Dokkenish I think. Good guitar players .. I've not heard in some time, had a cassette which is long gone....

CD anyone??? I've had no luck.... independent.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:
Toranaga - God's Gift

I found Bastard Ballads for download! Woooo! A great Ep!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:40 am

Fierce Heart - s/t (Rex Carroll's band before Whitecross)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:45 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Fierce Heart - s/t (Rex Carroll's band before Whitecross)

I remember hearing that one in 88'... The singer for soldier had it. It was pretty good....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 am

[quote="krokus"]
ghost wrote:
krokus wrote:
http://www.trancemission-music.com[/quote]

No problem Ghost. If you like TRANCE you will also like TRANCEMISSION🤘

Krokus, you’re absolutely right. I’m just listening to their newest album “Mine” which I got in mail today. It is great! I ordered this from the link you posted above. Thanks again!

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Skew Siskin is a band that I have liked for some time...didn't know anyone else did!

Yes, I'm a big fan of Skew Siskin. They have a new album out called "Peace Breaker. It was released 22nd of May (if I remember right) and is available at EMP Online and CD Baby.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:07 am

Breaker - Get Tough!

Excellent traditional 80's metal from Ohio.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm

I just mentioned this album in the Anthrax thread and thought it deserved mention here: Ugly Kid Joe's MENACE TO SOBRIETY. That is just a great all around heavy metal album. Of course by the time it was released (1995) nobody was listening to heavy metal (not to mention they had been saddled with the dreaded "one hit wonder" or "joke band" stigma already) so it disappeared without a trace. Which is a shame, cuz it's their best album!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:56 pm

Yeah, they kinda screwed themselves with their origins as a novelty/comedy act. Menace to Sobriety is a pretty good straight up CD, and I liked Motel California too.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Since I wrote the above post, I 've been reflecting on the UKJ experience a little (haven't done that for awhile!); and I wanna contradict myself a little bit. I don't really feel that UKJ were "unknown"; I think it's more like people knew about them but just didn't buy into them as a serious band. So I'd say Menace to Sobriety is more of an unappreciated good album rather than an unknown great one.
As for Motel California, for some totally subjective reason I lumped it in with the Soulmotor project that some of the Tesla boys were involved in. While I have no idea what the reviews or sales for Soulmotor were like; I wrote it off at the time as a half-hearted attempt by rockers to pander to the Modern Rock boom. I felt the same way about UKJ's Motel California. Later I realized that they were both decent albums IMO.
The other thing about Menace to Sobriety...the CD itself was decorated like the pop-top of a beer can. I have another CD that I listen to all the time in which the CD has the same motif, but I have a mental block as to who the band is. For some reason I wanna think it's a prog metal band (Symphony X? Rough Silk?) but I can't remember right now. I'll have to look through all my CD's to find it when I get home tonight, or else I won't be able to sleep.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 am

Ultra-S/T (1975)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Known Great Albums
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next