Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Known Great Albums

Go down 
+34
James B.
jstate
exact33
Conservationist
Thrasher73
325ad
JBall_Z
Stender
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
zombiewalkin
ghost
Fat Freddy
kmorg
SAHB Healer
krokus
stepcousin
mc666
sovdat
Required Fields
GrandNational
stormspell
Shiney
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:12 am

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Cover

This was a Dictators reunion album but in name only. Mantioba's Wildkingdom featuring Handsome Dick Manitoba on vocals, fresh out of his stint from Manowar Ross the Boss on guitar, Andy Shernoff-Bass, and JP Patterson on drums. The first great punk rock meets metal of the 90's this album I think sold two copies and they were dropped by their label MCA.

Any fans of the Dicators or the Ramones would enjoy these sarcastic bastards songs, should be classics 'The Party Starts Now' ' The Perfect High' and the best advise on how to become a rock legend 'Haircut and an Attitude'.

Also the poetic couplet of the lyric 'If You Lost some Weight/You Might Get Laid' is worthy of Longfellow himself. Fans of Breaking Benjamin need not apply.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 am

Quote :
The other thing about Menace to Sobriety...the CD itself was decorated like the pop-top of a beer can. I have another CD that I listen to all the time in which the CD has the same motif, but I have a mental block as to who the band is. For some reason I wanna think it's a prog metal band (Symphony X? Rough Silk?) but I can't remember right now.

I'd have to check when I get home, but if I remember correctly, Zakk Wylde's Pride & Glory cd has the pop-top beer can look as well. Don't know if that's the one you're thinking of SAHB, but that's the one I thought of.

Manny, did Manitoba's Wild Kingdome release a single from that album? I seem to remember that name and the cover looks familiar, but I know I never owned/heard that album. Maybe I saw a video on Headbangers Ball or something back in the day.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
The other thing about Menace to Sobriety...the CD itself was decorated like the pop-top of a beer can. I have another CD that I listen to all the time in which the CD has the same motif, but I have a mental block as to who the band is. For some reason I wanna think it's a prog metal band (Symphony X? Rough Silk?) but I can't remember right now.

I'd have to check when I get home, but if I remember correctly, Zakk Wylde's Pride & Glory cd has the pop-top beer can look as well. Don't know if that's the one you're thinking of SAHB, but that's the one I thought of.

Manny, did Manitoba's Wild Kingdome release a single from that album? I seem to remember that name and the cover looks familiar, but I know I never owned/heard that album. Maybe I saw a video on Headbangers Ball or something back in the day.

Yes the 'Party Starts Now' which was also featured in the flick (of all places) 'Kindergarten Cop'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 am

Hmmmmm, still not ringing any bells, but that was probably it. Not a bad tune by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvEQ6uLWuM

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 D3763033m03

This album has always been underrated, both when it was released and now almost 20 years later. The production by Terry Brown is a huge plus and the songwriting is some of their best.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 am

Hughes/Thrall-S/T, I couldn't upload the cover for some reason, sorry.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:53 am

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Fkzfkfuk

One of the best, most kickass thrash offerings Ive ever heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Chastain - The 7th of Never

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 7th270

One of the best neo-classical metal albums you will ever hear! Not to mention some of the most ferocious female vocals in the vein of Blackie Lawless!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 pm

manny wrote:
Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Cover

This was a Dictators reunion album but in name only. Mantioba's Wildkingdom featuring Handsome Dick Manitoba on vocals, fresh out of his stint from Manowar Ross the Boss on guitar, Andy Shernoff-Bass, and JP Patterson on drums. The first great punk rock meets metal of the 90's this album I think sold two copies and they were dropped by their label MCA.

Any fans of the Dicators or the Ramones would enjoy these sarcastic bastards songs, should be classics 'The Party Starts Now' ' The Perfect High' and the best advise on how to become a rock legend 'Haircut and an Attitude'.

Also the poetic couplet of the lyric 'If You Lost some Weight/You Might Get Laid' is worthy of Longfellow himself. Fans of Breaking Benjamin need not apply.

"Walk the line on the wrong side baby....D-W-I!!!!!!"

Great album!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Being that I'm a HUGE fan of Ross the Boss, I know I need to check Manitoba's Wild Kingdom out!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:30 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I second that. Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Highway Chile - Storybook Heroes (1983)

"We are headbangers, we'll never let you down." Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 877540

You can't go wrong with lyrics like that. This album rules, but good luck finding it on CD.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Tyton - Mind over Metal! Another Bill Metoyer classic that most metalheads over looked! Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 669452
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:08 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Yeah,go ahead and send that to me Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm

325ad wrote:
Tyton - Mind over Metal! Another Bill Metoyer classic that most metalheads over looked! Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 669452

I remember reading about this album way back in the day when I first was getting into metal. I never could even find a copy of this on cassette back then. Did it ever get issued onto CD?
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
325ad wrote:

I remember reading about this album way back in the day when I first was getting into metal. I never could even find a copy of this on cassette back then. Did it ever get issued onto CD?

Yeah along with a release called Castle Donnington it was release is 2008 on Cd. I am not for sure if it was an authorized or not. The seller on Ebay I got my copy from is DAVESMETAL. I believe he is from Maryland.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info! I might have to try to track this down.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Thank you all for the recommendations. I've now got an afternoon of downloading.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Thanks for the info! I might have to try to track this down.

It might be under Import.

Metal Archives has it listed as Christian and though it has a theme along those lines sort of, it is really more Fantasy based like Morte De Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table or other Medieval themes more than Christianity really.

If you like early Manowar you should like this stuff.

The album cover shows a Metalsmith standing surrounded by a Hot Forge! Sorry not sure how to add photos here or I would.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks to scottmitchell for introducing it to me:

Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber

Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 TM

one of the better pm albums in the last 10 years..

Alex

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Manitoba's Wild Kingdom ....And You? is one of my absolute favorite records. Good to see it get some love. I can't just listen to one song off it without playing the whole thing. If anyone is interested it can be purchased for dirt cheap off amazon. It's such a great album that it is a crime it doesn't go for more.

Cemetary - Sundown
Marshall Law - s/t
Pentagram - Show'em How
TKO - Let It Roll & In Your Face
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:25 am

jstate wrote:
Manitoba's Wild Kingdom ....And You? is one of my absolute favorite records. Good to see it get some love. I can't just listen to one song off it without playing the whole thing. If anyone is interested it can be purchased for dirt cheap off amazon. It's such a great album that it is a crime it doesn't go for more.

Cemetary - Sundown
Marshall Law - s/t
Pentagram - Show'em How
TKO - Let It Roll & In Your Face

are you from the Pacific Northwest by any chance Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:35 am

I choose Q5-Steel The Light, V.V.S.I-No Ace At Hand, and Welcome to The Metal Zone (A damn good comp lp put out by Music For Nations)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:49 pm

A few to add to the list:

Mayadome - Near Life Experience
Apocrypha -The Eyes of Time
Spun In Darkness - Birthright
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Quote :
are you from the Pacific Northwest by any chance

Funny thing is I almost included Seattle's Held Under on the list as well. But no, I'm an east coaster transplanted out to the southwest. Guess I just have a thing for underappreciated metal gems from the Northwest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Known Great Albums   Little Known Great Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Known Great Albums
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next