Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A. Guns

Go down 
+20
7thSaviour
Orion Crystal Ice
Gilbert
Getizzyback
Dave the Boss
Metal Misfit
Metallic Blaze
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
arttieTHE1manparty
rattpoison
Thrasher73
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
tohostudios
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 12:22 am

Any precise release date set yet?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 am

Gilbert wrote:

The interweb says a tentative date of March 2019.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 9:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

The interweb says a tentative date of March 2019.

Yeah, all I could find was the generic "Spring" release. The last few have been killer from them. And, truth be told, I have only been disappointed by them twice since 1988 (Hardcore and Violet). I am not saying everything they release is gold, but I would rather have them releasing stuff (live, covers, studio) than sitting around for long periods of time before rehashing something from 20/30 years ago or another greatest hits package. Watchin' you Gene and Paul.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am

the sentinel wrote:

And, truth be told, I have only been disappointed by them twice since 1988 (Hardcore and Violet).

Same here. I've liked everything I've heard from them over the years, to various degrees. The only album I never bothered with was American Hardcore.

I even warmed up to Violet after awhile. The sound blows goat though. Jizzy sounds like he's singing in a cardboard box. The songs themselves aren't bad. With better production, it'd be a decent album. Maybe not a great LA Guns album, but a decent slice of sleazy rock.

There is a certain magic quality that Phil and Tracii have together. They need each other.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

"There is a certain magic quality that Phil and Tracii have together. They need each other."

I hope thay have finally realized that. Haha. One of these days I will get around to getting another copy of American Hardcore to complete the discography when I see it super cheap. Had It years ago and of course it got jettisoned for obvious reasons. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Never heard American Hardcore. Have never seen the album neither in any music store so far.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Never heard American Hardcore. Have never seen the album neither in any music store so far.

I wish I'd been so lucky.   Fortunately I bought a used copy so I only burned about $5.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 1:20 am

Wow. So it is that bad. Need to check out a couple of samples on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 6:30 am

I actually like American Hardcore. I wouldn't call it an L.A. Guns album though. It is that far removed from their sound that it's a different band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

Gilbert wrote:

American Hardcore was a product of it's time. Tracii Guns tried to re-brand the look and sound of 80's sleazy LA Guns in the late 90's to a more heavy, angry hardcore metal band called THE LA Guns. It didn't work. Old fans of classic LA Guns didn't want this garbage and 90's Korn/Machine Head fans weren't buying it either. It's what today's kids would call "epic fail".

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the Violet album with Jizzy Pearl on vocals either (although I do like it), but at least that album was a step in the right direction getting them back on track to their signature sound.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 pm

You know, I never noticed that before; the "THE" LA Guns.  That just makes me despise the album even more.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You know, I never noticed that before; the "THE" LA Guns.  That just makes me despise the album even more.

Agreed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

I don't own American Hardcore, but I'll probably like it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 pm

I know where you can get a copy for free.  Wink

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:36 am

Full details on the new album...March 29th

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Lagunsthedevilyouknowcoverbigger

01. Rage
02. Stay Away
03. Loaded Bomb
04. The Devil You Know
05. Needle To The Bone
06. Going High
07. Gone Honey
08. Don't Need To Win
09. Down That Hole
10. Another Season In Hell
11. Boom (bonus track; CD and digital only)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 11:11 am

I like the new tune! Definitely more in the metal direction. The riff is old school like Sabbath but the vocals sound upfront and polished like the Hollywood Vampires album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Does the riff remind anyone else of "Malaria?"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Very good tune. I am in headbanger.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it... Laughing Wouldn't be the first time they've ripped themselves off.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 am

Witchfinder wrote:

I hear a similar cadence, but the riff is different.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I like the new tune! Definitely more in the metal direction. The riff is old school like Sabbath but the vocals sound upfront and polished like the Hollywood Vampires album.

Sabbath? surprised
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Sabbath? surprised

They quoted Kyuss as a influence on the album. To me, pretty much everything old school is derived from Sabbath. There is definitely a warmer fuzzy tone with the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 12:19 pm

New song:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Super stoked for this! And yeah, the riff to the new tune does evoke memories of "Malaria" but I imagine guitarists have lots of variations on the riffs they have created.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 4:44 pm

My enthusiasm for this album is rapidly increasing with each new song they release. Awesome!

L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns   L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A. Guns
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next