Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns

Go down 
+12
manny
mc666
Thelemech
tohostudios
MoonChild
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
akeldama
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
16 posters

Who gets your vote?
Motley Crue
Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Vote_lcap65%Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Vote_rcap
 65% [ 15 ]
L.A. Guns
Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Vote_lcap35%Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Vote_rcap
 35% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 am

Two of my favourite bands from the L.A scene. I have been investing a lot into L.A Guns lately, and picked up three of their studio albums.

I am curious to see the outcome of this poll \m/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 am

Still haven't made up my mind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 am

I love 'em both, but for pure consistency sake, I went with LA Guns. Their overall output of albums have been far superior to the Crue.

The Crue has a couple of killer albums, and some ok albums with a lot of filler. Hell, I even like Generation Swine and noone likes that album.

All the LA Guns stuff with Phil Lewis behind the mic have been top notch in my opinion. I never heard the stuff when Tracii took over and tried to make 'em more hardcore or whaterver he tried to do. Shrinking Violet with Jizzy Pearl isn't too bad either, but the production on that album blows goats.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am

Motley Crue for me. They were far more influential than LA Guns and their first two album are excellent. Then again, the first two from LA Guns are great. I guess the Crue gets my vote because of all that they meant back in the day. They do have boatloads of filler and hot garbage in their catalog, but without them there's probably not an LA Guns at all.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:15 am

Crue for me because of Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, Motley Crab & Quaternary.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am

Before I vote, i'm betting on Crue. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

I just don't like Crue that much, and it all boils down to Vince's annoying vocal style that got worse with age, and Mars' subpar guitar work. Guns had the opposite on both counts, and the tunes are just as catchy.

Then again, Crue started this whole thing, and Dr. Feelgood is one of the greatest mixes of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 am

Motley Crue
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 am

I went with LA Guns; I actually own way more LA Guns albums than Crue albums.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:31 pm

LA Guns for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:46 pm

L.A. Guns. Better overall discography, I think.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Motley Crue.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 pm

This is much closer than I thought it would be.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Too Fast For love & Shout At The Devil makes it Motley Crue by a country mile.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Motley Crue, as a kid I thought they were the cat's meow. Not so much anymore and they do not get many spins, but I can spin a Motley Crue album and enjoy it.

I like L.A. Guns but never loved them. I have three of their albums and like them ok, but their music does not hold much appeal to me.

By 1988 when their debut had been released, I felt I had heard their style music done to death and better.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Dig the first two Crue albums quite a bit.
(IMHO) After that it is very hit and miss, good songs here n there on mediocre albums.
LA Guns just has more good songs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I like them both, but the Crue's first two albums are better than LA Guns.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Motley strictly for the first two albums only. Otherwise I vote Dokken Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Motley Crue for those first 2 albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns   Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue vs L.A. Guns
Page 1 of 1