Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns N Roses Reunion?

Go down 
+29
MetallicSeminarian
manny
exact33
John Madden
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
Vexer6
Lurideath
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
the sentinel
nevermore
Thrasher73
Troublezone
MoonChild
mc666
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
glassprison
metalinmyveins
James B.
Addy
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guns N Roses Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Just checked out their facebook and their site and both have the ORIGINAL logo along with merch with Appetite era images and the original logo. Fueling further speculation that a reunion is going to happen

Anyone plan to check this out if it happens?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:04 pm

No Izzy or Steven, what is the point ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Im sure Izzy would be part of it. Steven I dunno... its all speculation

-shrugs-
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:15 pm

James B. wrote:
No Izzy or Steven, what is the point ?

I feel the same. I'll say it again, I saw them back in 1988 with the original five members and I know there's NO way they will ever be ever to recapture that again, but I would at least be somewhat excited if the olive branch was extended to everyone. I know Steven would leap at the chance, Izzy probably not.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:18 pm

The state of Axl's singing voice makes it hard to listen to these days. Still, I would probably try and figure out a way to go, even if tickets are pricey.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I'll be leaving them in 1988 where they belong.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Probably the most over hyped reunion ever. If it happens it will most likely blow up & end in disaster, which is probably the train wreck everyone really wants to see anyway.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 2:06 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I would too, they better stay there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 2:19 am

I'm willing to check it out. It can't be any worse than the band Axl has been using the last several years. I think there is still potential to do something good. His lower range voice is still decent. Slash and Duff can definitely still play! But it would be better if they could get the whole original band together. Or at least get Izzy involved...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:44 am

I guess it would be cool for nostalgia sake. Can't see them getting along for very long though.

On an unrelated note, Good to see MC back!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 11:45 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I find that funny as alot of people here are stuck in that era with bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.... Im not saying this to start some sh** I just find it funny
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I guess it would be cool for nostalgia sake. Can't see them getting along for very long though.

Slash and Duff get along just fine, Izzy and Duff are both good with Axl the missing link really is Slash and Axl IMO

Definitely would love to see them live for nostalgia sake plus I had 2 chances to see GNR live and both times it fell through one of them was during the Metallica, Faith No More , mega tour

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 3:51 pm

If I'm not mistaken Slash and Axl recently got together and made up. Which I think helped fuel these rumors even more. It would be good for nostalgia for the older fans and for younger fans who may not have got to see them finally could. I have to agree with you guys and think it wouldn't last long.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:11 pm

rumors further fueld by the fact that the official gnr facebook page and website is now using the original logo that Slash designed back in the day. And now selling merch with said logo

I think if it happens that it wouldnt be anything more than a tour I seriously doubt they would do a new album as both Axl and Slash both are going in opposite musical directions
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Honestly, I am more excited that Monty's back than I am about GnR makin' a cash grab.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 10:11 am

By now it's more than just rumors. Slash doesn't go on tour next year, Epiphone was talking about a reunion happening, there's a Trailer playing in US Theaters before Star Wars that shows an audience and you can hear bits and pieces from an old live version of Welcome to the Jungle. They use the old logo on the Website, Facebook and on Merchandise that Slash originally created and Duff recently posted a picture that said "LAMF", something he always had written on his amps during the Guns n' Roses days.

I too can't see it working out in the long run. Especially since nobody knows if Izzy is up for it (probably not), if Steven Adler or Matt Sorum (or both) are in it or if it's gonna be a hybrid with Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer, Slash and Duff or if they get Gilby Clarke back.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be a disappointing train wreck
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 am

They are rumored to be the headliners for Coachella next year. Last I heard it was only Axl, Slash & Duff. Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer completes the line-up.

I could see Izzy playing a few shows here and there, but I don't expect him to tour. As I've said before in another thread, the idea of a reunion is exciting. The reality of it however won't live up to expectations. They can't get that magic back.

I'll play my Ritz bootleg from '88 and hope for the best.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:25 am

Addy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I find that funny as alot of people here are stuck in that era with bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.... Im not saying this to start some sh** I just find it funny

I think that has more to do that the reunion with Iron Maiden took place 7-8 years after the initial break up. Regarding Priest, there was a 12-13 years after the break up. For GNR it has been over 20 and you have a scenario taking place where it probably won't be the original five. Not too mention the fact that you have the ultimate unpredictability of Axl, who very well could resort to the same old unprofessionalism...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Addy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I find that funny as a lot of people here are stuck in that era with bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.... I'm not saying this to start some sh** I just find it funny

I kind of agree with you but most of those bands made great albums for a long time. G&R made one great album before they started to fall apart and are more like The Sex Pistols in that respect and I didn't catch their reunion cash grab either.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:59 pm

this would be a dream come true.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Meh I couldn't care less , really.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:05 pm

007 wrote:
Meh I couldn't care less , really.

Must care enough to post comments if you didnt you wouldnt bother....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 4:14 pm

I've seen this coming for awhile now. I hope to hell it don't happen. The worst band EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 5:51 pm

So its official now. The dinkwipes reformed sorta.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/confirmed-reunited-guns-n-roses-to-play-next-years-coachella-music-and-arts-festival/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion?   Guns N Roses Reunion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N Roses Reunion?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next