Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH

Go down 
+20
MetalFRO
James B.
Fat Freddy
juanmiguel
Selvmord
Critique Oblique
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
XYZ
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
MetalH
Required Fields
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Schbopo
mc666
manny
Svengo
akeldama
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
detuned wrote:
I have to go to live shows, it helps keep me wanting to remain on this planet.

While I don't go as nearly as much as I used to, I love seeing/hearing live music, be it a small club, big theater or giant arena. But getting friends to go with me is like pulling teeth these days, mostly because of low fund$.

Yea, I only get to go to one or two concerts a year (if I'm lucky) nowadays, but I still enjoy'em just as much as I ever did. In fact, I think I almost enjoy them MORE nowadays because it's become a rare occurrence. Back in the day when I was going to a show just about every weekend, I started taking'em for granted. Now it's an experience to be savored!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Very true detuned.

Not surprised you agree.

Not surprised you missed the point.

Even if I do enjoy going to some shows, I understand that most people aren't as passionate about music and would stay away for all the reasons detuned listed. If you have something intelligent to say that contradicts what he said, then let's hear it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:54 pm

detuned wrote:
It's partially the social climate in general, many people no longer go out to shows (quite a few of my friends I grew up with haven't been to a concert in 15 years or more).

The home entertainment explosion has people staying home and watching their Blu-Rays, playing Wii with the kids and posting on facebook and twitter whenever they take a dump. With all that going on, who has time to drive downtown, find parking, buy $7 beers and watch a band in a crappy venue with bad acoustics and a tone deaf sound man?

(yeah, I woke up in a grumpy mood)

Much truth in this...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Very true detuned.

Not surprised you agree.

Not surprised you missed the point.

Even if I do enjoy going to some shows, I understand that most people aren't as passionate about music and would stay away for all the reasons detuned listed. If you have something intelligent to say that contradicts what he said, then let's hear it.

Sure... they're lazy and jaded. To think all soundmen will give a crap sound is up for opinion and who needs the $7 beers? Those are not good excuses to me and detuned himself said he lives to go. His friends are lazy, homebodies nothing more.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:19 pm

I would love to go more concerts but lack of money, keeps that from happening, times change and having small children means less money to go to shows. Like freddy when I do go I enjoy more than I was younger and took it for granted.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:30 pm

manny wrote:
I would love to go more concerts but lack of money, keeps that from happening, times change and having small children means less money to go to shows. Like freddy when I do go I enjoy more than I was younger and took it for granted.

There are things that can be sacrificed if you love music enough like spend less money on fast food or buying so called blue ray movies. There are ways to save money. And if they love their wii games more than getting out then i don't know what to say for them...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Sure... they're lazy and jaded. To think all soundmen will give a crap sound is up for opinion and who needs the $7 beers? Those are not good excuses to me and detuned himself said he lives to go. His friends are lazy, homebodies nothing more.

I think there are some other reasons people might not go out to shows.

1. Bands' material in the last decade or so has been bad and you're kinda sick of all the old tunes because you've worn them out from playing them so much.
2. Singers can't hit the old notes anymore so you might as well stay home and watch Youtube/old bootlegs back when the band sounded better.
3. You're older and you're less interested in hanging out with drunks or getting pushed around being on the outskirts of the pit.

I think there are a lot of good reasons to be jaded but there are still really good shows worth going to if one looks around.

I personally would LOVE to see MEGADETH on their upcoming tour. If the YouTube clips of their upcoming "Live in San Diego" DVD are real and weren't professionally edited then they are currently the tightest they have EVER been and even Mustaine's vocals sound good! The backing vocals were good too. SLAYER I have seen live and can live without seeing again for some of the reasons above.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Quote :
I think there are some other reasons people might not go out to shows.

1. Bands' material in the last decade or so has been bad and you're kinda sick of all the old tunes because you've worn them out from playing them so much.
2. Singers can't hit the old notes anymore so you might as well stay home and watch Youtube/old bootlegs back when the band sounded better.
3. You're older and you're less interested in hanging out with drunks or getting pushed around being on the outskirts of the pit.

1. Depends on the band.
2. Depends on if you're going to see a band that requires those kind of vocals.
3. Well that is a venue problem, there are some good ones that have places to sit and watch.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

There are things that can be sacrificed if you love music enough like spend less money on fast food or buying so called blue ray movies. There are ways to save money. And if they love their wii games more than getting out then i don't know what to say for them...

I have 5 children they are not cheap and I am not spending money on fast food or blu ray movies, I donot even own any blu ray movies but thanks for the advise.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Quote :
Singers can't hit the old notes anymore so you might as well stay home and watch Youtube/old bootlegs back when the band sounded better.

To elaborate on this i have to say that i have been pleased with the albums from Testament, Flotsam and Overkill this past decade for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

I have 5 children they are not cheap and I am not spending money on fast food or blu ray movies, I donot even own any blu ray movies but thanks for the advise.

You kind of jumped in the conversation that wasn't aimed at you. I was originally responding to a post from ToB.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

this is basically me now. i get in enough fights in my line of work, i don't need to do it for fun. it has nothing to do with a lack of love for music as troublezone is alluding to. music just sounds so much better in my living room, sipping a cold one & watching my wife dance around half naked.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Quote :
music just sounds so much better in my living room, sipping a cold one & watching my wife dance around half naked.

I just pictured Danzig's (She Rides) song when you described that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:53 pm

actually, Evil Thing is one of her particular faves to dance to. Smile

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:10 pm

I heard a commercial for a energy drink sponsered festival featuring Marilyn Manson and Slayer among others.

So i googled and found this link

http://heavymetal.about.com/b/2009/01/22/slayer-tour-dates.htm
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Okay, so steering this back OT, I'd go see that show for sure. I'm a major 'Deth fan, and they're a great live band, so it'd be a good time I'm fairly certain. In terms of Slayer, while I'm no lover of their lyrics, seeing them live might be cool to hear some of their classics & see what all the fuss is about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 am

Troublezone wrote:

I was attempting a little sarcasm in that initial post, which was evidently missed. I was also not talking directly about "my friends", it's just a description that fits quite a large segment of society.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:39 am

Quote :
it's just a description that fits quite a large segment of society

I didn't read into the sarcasm at all. What you were describing sounded pretty true to life. I even got some attitude from manny because of my thoughts on the subject. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:10 pm

slayer and megadeth would be cool together. if they hit the uk i would consider getting a ticket if they came near me
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Anybody got any confirmed tourdates so far? Is Megadeth doing this in lieu of another Gigantour?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:44 pm

I don't think this will happened. Slayer already has a tour with Manson and other band.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Anybody got any confirmed tourdates so far? Is Megadeth doing this in lieu of another Gigantour?

tickets for megadeth in some shape or form go onsale after the weekend their Megamail email today says! headbanger

"MEGADETH CONCERT TICKETS PRESALE COMING!!

There will be a special FAN CLUB EXCLUSIVE Megadeth concert tickets PRESALE after this weekend! STAY CLOSELY TUNED FOR DETAILS!!! THIS IS A BIG ONE AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS PRESALE!"
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm

vanillaviking wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

tickets for megadeth in some shape or form go onsale after the weekend their Megamail email today says! headbanger

"MEGADETH CONCERT TICKETS PRESALE COMING!!

There will be a special FAN CLUB EXCLUSIVE Megadeth concert tickets PRESALE after this weekend! STAY CLOSELY TUNED FOR DETAILS!!! THIS IS A BIG ONE AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS PRESALE!"
OK, so Gigantour must be happening after all? I know Slayer is booked through August here in the States.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 pm

i don't think it's GIGANTOUR related just judging by Dave's post from 2 days ago:

http://forums.gigantour.com/showthread.php?p=55563#post55563 ("..first summer i haven't had to work")

..but i really have no idea, so...
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
detuned wrote:
It's partially the social climate in general, many people no longer go out to shows (quite a few of my friends I grew up with haven't been to a concert in 15 years or more).

The home entertainment explosion has people staying home and watching their Blu-Rays, playing Wii with the kids and posting on facebook and twitter whenever they take a dump. With all that going on, who has time to drive downtown, find parking, buy $7 beers and watch a band in a crappy venue with bad acoustics and a tone deaf sound man?

(yeah, I woke up in a grumpy mood)

Much truth in this...

That's a big part of it. Another part is watching the audience. Most times I go to a show, I end up thinking I'm surrounded by people who don't seem to give a smurf poo about anything. I have an inherent desire to avoid such people. However, I still make it out once a year for Slayer and local black and death metal bands. Would love to see Priest and Maiden again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next