Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer

Go down 
+23
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
corplhicks
Hec_The_Wreck
brokentulsa
sovdat
MetalGuy71
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
choosemetal
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
thejokeriv
James B.
Thrasher73
mc666
Lari
Boris2008
Witchfinder
ultmetal
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which do you think is the best?
Anthrax - For All Kings
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_lcap21%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Slayer - Repentless
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_lcap10%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Megadeth - Dystopia
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_lcap51%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
They all suck!
Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_lcap18%Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:23 pm

So of the three recently released "BIG 4" albums, which do you say is best?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 pm

I'm having a hard time picking between Megadeth and Anthrax. I love 'em both. The Slayer is ok, but I've never been as big a fan of Slayer as the other two bands.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Megadeth for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:32 pm

I haven't heard more than a couple of tracks on the Anthrax record but I can 100% guarantee that I'll like the Megadeth album more because I've always liked Megadeth a lot more. The Slayer is a modern Slayer record, it's okay I guess but nothing particularly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:42 pm

I haven't bought an album by any of these bands in 15 years. And the one I did buy (God Hates Us All), wasn't very good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Slayer. Best album of the three, best band of the three. IMO.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Megadeth for me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:00 pm

(IMHDO) Megadeth

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Megadeth by a mile, they really nailed it on Dystopia. I listened to new Slayer once and it bored me to tears. Usually hearing new songs live help, but not in Slayer's case. I found myself thinking "Next" when I saw them on Saturday. When Megadeth plyed the new tracks live, I was blown away. Anthrax was just "Meh"

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Having finally heard all three albums in their entirety, I think it's a tie between Anthrax and Megadeth.

And Slayer... are Hanneman-less.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 pm

I've only heard the single off the Slayer album (the one with the gory prison-riot video) so that narrows it down to Anthrax and Megadeth for me... and the new Megadeth smokes the new Anthrax any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Dystopia is best, For All Kings is a close second; and Slayer needs to be evicted from the Big 4 for Repentless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 pm

All of them sucks! They all went to shit after the 80s.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:09 am

I have always preferred Slayer to Anthrax. But Modern slayer minus one album and a couple songs sucks and I pretty much don't like anything by Anthrax past a certain album. So Megadeth takes that's pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
and the new Megadeth smokes the new Anthrax any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

headbanger Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer 25679
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 3:27 am

Megadeth - Dystopia
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 7:49 am

I went with Megadeth. The Slayer album is good and I'm liking the new Anthrax, but I need more time on the latter one before I'd go ranking them all.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 am

I haven't heard the Anthrax yet, but I assume it will be that (not voting though). I never made it all the way through Repentless or Dystopia, but of those two I'd rank Dystopia higher, which is funny because Megadeth was always the bottom of the big four for me (though I do quite enjoy the early records, no question--and in retrospect, I like a lot of it way more than I do classic era Slayer, so...wisdom of age I guess).
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:55 am

Megadeth--Dystopia: 9/10
Anthrax--For All Kings: 8.5/10
Slayer--Repentless: 7/10
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 am

Megadeth for me. I enjoy the latest Slayer as well. I still haven't warmed-up to the new Anthrax.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Megadeth 7/10
Slayer 6/10
Anthrax 4/10

Smile
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 4:57 pm

I usually go for Megadeth but for some reason I just can't get into the new album...I am going anthrax...just really like those riffs...
Back to top Go down
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

I stopped following these bands in the 80's got sick of Anthrax and Megadeth after their first ones and Slayer up to Reign,these bands just got weak as better bands with more aggression were popping up in the underground,it's all a matter a taste and I like my metal with balls.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I like my metal with balls.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
I stopped following these bands in the 80's got sick of Anthrax and Megadeth after their first ones and Slayer up to Reign,these bands just got weak as better bands with more aggression were popping up in the underground,it's all a matter a taste and I like my metal with balls.

Sometimes it takes more balls to record an album with less aggression but better music and melodies.

In a way, in heavy metal, aggression is the "safe" way of doing things.

Metallica has the biggest balls of them all for doing Lulu. And any band that records something that they know will anger their fans. So I guess, too much balls can be a bad thing, too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer   Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax vs Megadeth vs. Slayer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next