Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH

Go down 
+20
MetalFRO
James B.
Fat Freddy
juanmiguel
Selvmord
Critique Oblique
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
XYZ
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
MetalH
Required Fields
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Schbopo
mc666
manny
Svengo
akeldama
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Quote :
If he is ok with blaphemous lyrics he is not devout.

Unless he sees them as something sepaeate from himself...art...someone else's point of view (Kerry, I think, write most of the lyrics)...like an actor playing a character...like how a Christian Alice Cooper can do his schtick...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
If he is ok with blaphemous lyrics he is not devout.

Unless he sees them as something sepaeate from himself...art...someone else's point of view (Kerry, I think, write most of the lyrics)...like an actor playing a character...like how a Christian Alice Cooper can do his schtick...

Exactly (as I also tried to point out earlier to no apparent avail). lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Let's be honest, Slayer write the kinds of lyrics they do because it's expected of them at this point.

No matter where each of the Slayer guys are in their personal lives, if they suddenly quit writing about Satan and serial killers and replaced those lyrics with odes to daffodils and puppy dogs, their fan base would drop'em like hot rocks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:35 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I wish the Big 4 would do a festival tour thing one of these summers.

There's no way that would happen. "The Big 4" is more like "The Big 1" with 2 other C-listers and one D-lister.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
There's no way that would happen. "The Big 4" is more like "The Big 1" with 2 other C-listers and one D-lister.

I don't even think the Big 4 is the Big 4. I'd bump Anthrax out and stick Testament in their spot Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

gee, i wonder who you think the "d-lister" is?

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

gee, i wonder who you think the "d-lister" is?

Guess.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:36 pm

hmmm...probably either Metallica, Megadeth, or Anthrax. am i right?

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:08 pm

mc666 wrote:
hmmm...probably either Metallica, Megadeth, or Anthrax. am i right?

You're doing good so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 am

I think a Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax/Alice In Chains tour in 2009 would do very well in 2000-3000 seat theatres...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think a Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax/Alice In Chains tour in 2009 would do very well in 2000-3000 seat theatres...

I regret that I missed that one back in the day, so I'd certainly go. Make it so, Shawn.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

But AIC don't need to take those bands on the road with them to draw that crowd.

Funny how they were the smallest band on the bill at the time and have fared the best commercially since then. They are at least twice as big as the rest of those bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

Quote :
They are at least twice as big as the rest of those bands.

Presently? Hmmm...

Anthrax is the only band that is really lackluster these days. You may not like the direction either Slayer or Megadeth has taken, but you can't deny they are still selling buttloads of records while AIC is spinning their wheels.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That would kick all kinds of butt! I am personal friends with Dan Nelson of Anthrax, BTW. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:30 pm

AIC is at best a small theater/large club band these days...if they're lucky...they could not come close to filling 3000 seats on their own.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:44 pm

They had much more exposure and higher selling albums back in the day. When they start coming out with new albums again they will fare better than 3 of "The Big Four" IMHO.

Pretty much every band is a large club band these days, except for Def Leppard/Journey/etc. and other total pop rock acts. There is a range of popularity within that "large club" spectrum. Like I said before, they don't need those other acts to play large clubs, they can do that on their own with a relatively unknown opening act(s).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Megadeth just has to leave the states to fill huge auditoriums. In South America and Japan Mustaine is a god.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 am

Many times bands are not nearly as widely loved and accepted in their home countries as they are overseas, as sad as that is. sigh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
They had much more exposure and higher selling albums back in the day. When they start coming out with new albums again they will fare better than 3 of "The Big Four" IMHO.

Pretty much every band is a large club band these days, except for Def Leppard/Journey/etc. and other total pop rock acts. There is a range of popularity within that "large club" spectrum. Like I said before, they don't need those other acts to play large clubs, they can do that on their own with a relatively unknown opening act(s).

Megadeth & Slayer have more loyal, dedicated fans...the only problem with selling ump-teen million records like AIC did is that a lot of those people are trendy fans and will forget about you a few years later when something new comes along.

A Megadeth or Slayer tour would draw bigger, more consistent crowds today than an AIC tour...'Deth & Slayer also have thier original singers. 'Deth & Slayer could fill a 3,000 seater, AIC could not...neither could Anthrax....not in America, anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm

It's partially the social climate in general, many people no longer go out to shows (quite a few of my friends I grew up with haven't been to a concert in 15 years or more).

The home entertainment explosion has people staying home and watching their Blu-Rays, playing Wii with the kids and posting on facebook and twitter whenever they take a dump. With all that going on, who has time to drive downtown, find parking, buy $7 beers and watch a band in a crappy venue with bad acoustics and a tone deaf sound man?

(yeah, I woke up in a grumpy mood)
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Very true detuned.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 pm

detuned wrote:
It's partially the social climate in general, many people no longer go out to shows (quite a few of my friends I grew up with haven't been to a concert in 15 years or more).

The home entertainment explosion has people staying home and watching their Blu-Rays, playing Wii with the kids and posting on facebook and twitter whenever they take a dump. With all that going on, who has time to drive downtown, find parking, buy $7 beers and watch a band in a crappy venue with bad acoustics and a tone deaf sound man?

(yeah, I woke up in a grumpy mood)
i haven't been to a live show in almost 10 years now. don't miss it either.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm

I have to go to live shows, it helps keep me wanting to remain on this planet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

detuned wrote:
I have to go to live shows, it helps keep me wanting to remain on this planet.

While I don't go as nearly as much as I used to, I love seeing/hearing live music, be it a small club, big theater or giant arena. But getting friends to go with me is like pulling teeth these days, mostly because of low fund$.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Very true detuned.

Not surprised you agree.

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 2_Grumpy-Cour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH   Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer To Tour With MEGADETH
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next