Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Lamb of God album

Go down 
+11
MetalRob331
kmorg
SuprimuS
Thrasher73
sam
manny
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
mc666
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Quote :
This band does nothing for me. Very bad representation of metalcore. Killswitch is much better

One of the few metalcore bands I like. They remember the hooks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Buy the new God Forbid, if you want great metalcore.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Why is it good?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 pm

I like God Forbid as well. A lot more melody and just as heavy. Although there singer is hit or miss as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I like God Forbid as well. A lot more melody and just as heavy. Although there singer is hit or miss as well.
Earthsblood is different. Before, they were just standard metalcore. Good, but not very different from the droves of other metalcore bands. This new album is something else. Not entirely different from their past stuff--meaning, they haven't done a style switcharoo--but it's like epic metalcore. Very ambitious, think.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Earthsblood is different. Before, they were just standard metalcore. Good, but not very different from the droves of other metalcore bands. This new album is something else. Not entirely different from their past stuff--meaning, they haven't done a style switcharoo--but it's like epic metalcore. Very ambitious, think.

They always had the potential to separate themselves from the pack. I loved Constitution of Treason it had some very amazing moments. Fallen Hero still remains my favorite track from them. If you mean epic like very diverse and each song has its own identity then I will buy this faster then I was going to.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:

good album, the only thing I don't care for is the clean singing. Otherwise a damn fin album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Thats what I like about God Forbid the melody within the clean verses and choruses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

They always had the potential to separate themselves from the pack. I loved Constitution of Treason it had some very amazing moments. Fallen Hero still remains my favorite track from them. If you mean epic like very diverse and each song has its own identity then I will buy this faster then I was going to.
Yes, it's a diverse album. Still metalcore, don't get me wrong, but it's just different. I don't know how to explain.

http://www.myspace.com/godforbid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:42 pm

They're calling this stuff Metalcore? How tragically undescriptive that label is. The comparison you guys are making to Pantera I'm able to see to some extent, but, only if you're pointing towards the heaping amounts of 'Groove' which these characters seem to add to the mix. I don't know how original this band might be, but since I'm not familiar with anything 'Metalcore', I think them to be pretty dang original, and impressive as well.

Like I said on another, earlier post, I usually HATE everything that's Nu-Metal-ish. well, these guys certainly have a Newish 00's sound, but, without the 'Nu' prefix. At least, that's what I was feeling 'bout them prior to 'Wrath'. There's something different about this most recent release, but, I just can't finger it. I tried to, but I can't get it fingered properly. The album is nowhere as appealing as Sacrament or Ashes . Might be the vocals that's throwing me off. I really dug those two earlier efforts.

I tried listening to a bit of 'God Forbid' to see just how original 'Lamb' really is. Is this God Forbid a total ripoff of Lamb's sound, or, was this kinda style used by many bands prior to Lamb?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
I tried listening to a bit of 'God Forbid' to see just how original 'Lamb' really is. Is this God Forbid a total ripoff of Lamb's sound, or, was this kinda style used by many bands prior to Lamb?

They all cropped up around the same time, really. Lamb Of God was formerly known as Burn The Priest, but I don't know how their music sounded under that name. Under their previous incarnation, they would probably be the longer running of the 'metalcore' crop (maybe alongside Shadows Fall).

Most started out demo'ing in '98/'99, or did self-released EP's and albums. Looks to be that Shadows Fall and Burn The Priest were doing their thing around '95/'96, so I guess you could label them the leaders. I'm not a big metalcore fan, so I won't say they "founded" the genre because I just don't know. The only metalcore band I kinda like is Unearth, and only one album of theirs (well, 3 or 4 songs at least), The Oncoming Storm, if it comes down to it.

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
They're calling this stuff Metalcore? How tragically undescriptive that label is. The comparison you guys are making to Pantera I'm able to see to some extent, but, only if you're pointing towards the heaping amounts of 'Groove' which these characters seem to add to the mix. I don't know how original this band might be, but since I'm not familiar with anything 'Metalcore', I think them to be pretty dang original, and impressive as well.

Like I said on another, earlier post, I usually HATE everything that's Nu-Metal-ish. well, these guys certainly have a Newish 00's sound, but, without the 'Nu' prefix. At least, that's what I was feeling 'bout them prior to 'Wrath'. There's something different about this most recent release, but, I just can't finger it. I tried to, but I can't get it fingered properly. The album is nowhere as appealing as Sacrament or Ashes . Might be the vocals that's throwing me off. I really dug those two earlier efforts.

How long were in prison or a coma for?

Lamb of God is about as uninspired as they come. There isn't an ounce of originality in that group. Nor would I call God Forbid very original. So you then compare quality--which is subjective, I know--and I think God Forbid blows Lamb of God away, in that respect.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm

I really dont like the whole "Who did it first" discussion. LoG sounds nothing like God Forbid and vise versa.

Marc if you hear similarities between the two. then please elaborate. Other then the downtuned guitars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Wow. Strong feelings about The Lamb...and, not in a good way neither. I was just pertin out that I was surprised that I could actually vibe with a band like this. That Sacrament release was some good and catchy schtuff right off the bat for me. It was catchy alright....but, some would say like Meningitis or Chlamydia is. lol. I do hear an overall similarity with them and what God Forbid does. The whole package really, not any one small element. But, when ya'll go and mention Shadow's Fall, then I know I must be kiddin' myself when I believe that The Lamb isn't at least borderline 'Nu-Metal'. But, funny thing is that I hear plenty of classic Thrash in their sound and not the mix which usually goes into a Nu-Metal formula.

Anyway, my mainstream taste is pretty much confined to Lamb and Mastodon. I can't say that I like much else that's popular. I tried listening to that 'Music Choice - Metal' station that comes with the basic cable television package. I don't know if ya'll have something similar. It's a bunch of channels that play genre-specific music, and the screen is usually blank, aside from the title of the artist, the album title and the song. There's usually some tidbits of information on the artist popping up here and there. These stations pretty much have no use, unless you're cleaning the house or exercising and whatnot. I went that whole long route to basically say that I can't stand 90 plus percent of the stuff they play on the Metal station. It's all Melodic Death Metal and Metalcore and such. Oh, wow. I just tuned it in and BLS' Suicide Messiah came on. But, that's just an exception to the rule...And, the rule is schitt, son.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Lamb is just heavy and thats it to me. Nothing memorable but a few occasional riffs. They need to expand there boundaries a lil more and lose the we want to sound heavier then everyone else attitude. The groove is there in some songs but it gets ruined right away by Randy's vocals.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 am

Marc Mason wrote:

they get lumped within the metal core bracket because they don't fit within most of the other genres (except groove), but the breakdowns and some of the thrasher stuff helps keep them out of that genre.

Quote :
. There's something different about this most recent release, but, I just can't finger it. I tried to, but I can't get it fingered properly. The album is nowhere as appealing as Sacrament or Ashes it Might be the vocals that's throwing me off. I really dug those two earlier efforts.

its a very good album but, it has a lot of those "epic" parts that came in around the last album and that has been throwing me off of it. I really enjoyed as the palaces burn and ashes, and I miss that simple brutality that they had around that era.

sideshow wrote:

They all cropped up around the same time, really. Lamb Of God was
formerly known as Burn The Priest, but I don't know how their music
sounded under that name. Under their previous incarnation, they would
probably be the longer running of the 'metalcore' crop (maybe alongside
Shadows Fall).

Most started out demo'ing in '98/'99, or did
self-released EP's and albums. Looks to be that Shadows Fall and Burn
The Priest were doing their thing around '95/'96, so I guess you could
label them the leaders. I'm not a big metalcore fan, so I won't say
they "founded" the genre because I just don't know. The only metalcore
band I kinda like is Unearth, and only one album of theirs (well, 3 or
4 songs at least), The Oncoming Storm, if it comes down to it.

the burn the priest stuff had more of a hardcore sound to it (see videos
below), but they were the forerunners, burn the priest also formed just
a little before shadows fall did. were they first? hard to say, its
like saying who is the father of thrash Very Happy , it all came in about the same time.

on a side note: the oncoming storm is the only unearth album I like too, not a bad cd at all.

warning: if you don't like Randy's vocals now you will probably hate these.