Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Lamb of God album

Go down 
+11
MetalRob331
kmorg
SuprimuS
Thrasher73
sam
manny
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
mc666
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:58 pm

kmorg wrote:
So can we label this trash then, Ben? Laughing

nope their still lumped in with metalcore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 pm

I thought we were filing them under suck.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
I thought we were filing them under suck.

only those who hate 'em do.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 pm

I only liked the intro and another song with a very clean guitar part in the beginning. The talent is there but the songwriting isn't. This band is all about being heavy and that spells disaster as the songs all start blending together. I like a few songs but those are the ones with the grooves.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:40 pm

kmorg wrote:

Yup! Very Happy

I think sam missed your joke, BTW! Laughing

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

SuprimuS wrote:

New Lamb of God album - Page 2 1006_ChrisAdler1

When did Barry Pepper start playing drums in a metal band? lol!

Seriously, dude looks freakishly like actor Barry Pepper... Shocked

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:29 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yup! Very Happy

I think sam missed your joke, BTW! Laughing

sure did, Neutral , I read it as thrash. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Quote :

I only liked the intro and another song with a very clean guitar part in the beginning.

The songs called "Grace"
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I only liked the intro and another song with a very clean guitar part in the beginning.

The songs called "Grace"

Yes I posted the song title a few days ago in the LoG thread. Maybe the guys need to work on some memorability instead of heaviness.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

The songs called "Grace"

Yes I posted the song title a few days ago in the LoG thread. Maybe the guys need to work on some memorability instead of heaviness.

I tend to find heaviness very memorable, but I sing along to nile, so what do I know? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Its all about the hooks and LoG really dont write them. Its ashame the potential is there on a lot of tracks
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Its all about the hooks and LoG really dont write them. Its ashame the potential is there on a lot of tracks

That's what I say about all bands doing this style. Numetal, metalcore, screamo...whatever.

Where's the melody/hooks?

As soon as I hear "WOOOOAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!", I tune out.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

That's what I say about all bands doing this style. Numetal, metalcore, screamo...whatever.

There are bands that do those styles and always remember the hooks. Even if its only in the chorus, it's still there though and it gives it that I remember that chorus factor. Very few bands though I must say.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

There are bands that do those styles and always remember the hooks. Even if its only in the chorus, it's still there though and it gives it that I remember that chorus factor. Very few bands though I must say.

For me, once I hear that noise, I don't care if the song has hooks later or not.

There are very few bands that can overcome a solid "WOOOOOOARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" in my book.

Early Epica would be a notable exception.

The sad thing is that a lot of the lead singers of bands making that vocal noise can actually sing. Look no further than the guy from Avenged Sevenfold or the girl in In This Moment. Both have released roar-vocal albums but have recently actually started singing and can really do it. You may not like the music of either band but at least the singers are actually "singing".

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes I think these bands what to lump themselves into we are heavy category listen to our vocals. I like A7X and In This Moment and prefer the albums they sing on.

Singing will always come before growling.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Yes I think these bands what to lump themselves into we are heavy category listen to our vocals. I like A7X and In This Moment and prefer the albums they sing on.

Singing will always come before growling.

New Lamb of God album - Page 2 25679

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 am

Metal Hammer gave "wrath" a stunning 9/10. So i went out and bought it on the spot, only to discover that the new album was pure crap. I don't know why metal mags sometimes give so much credit to mediocre bands. It's for commercial purposes perhaps...

I'm starting to learn not to trust those reviews anymore.

IMO, "wrath" is only worth a single listen, out of curiosity. Then , its role will be limited to collecting dust on the shelves...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 am

I was immensely impressed with 'Sacrament' and hope that the new one is of the same caliber. Knowing that these guys had a lot of popular support, I wasn't expecting much from them, but I was really suprised at how good their stuff is. 'Popular' usually means Nu-Metal, which usually means corny singalong choruses and cliched song structures and the rest. But, The Lamb is the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 am

Maybe i ought to check their older catalogue.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:22 am

Gilbert wrote:

try out as the palaces burn, it has been the best they written so far even though the production quality is very raw. ashes of the wake is one that many swear by as the best, but stay away from new American gospel for that was nothing but hardcore garbage.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 pm

sam wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

try out as the palaces burn, it has been the best they written so far even though the production quality is very raw. ashes of the wake is one that many swear by as the best, but stay away from new American gospel for that was nothing but hardcore garbage.

Will do. Thanks for the advise bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I just don't see what all the fuss is about with this band. The only song I found remotely interesting from that new album was Contractor, and even it completely lost me with the big groove/chugga-chugga breakdown right in the middle. Their other albums are all the same to me, as well. Maybe 1 or 2 "meh, decent" songs among a sea of mediocrity. I also just have to say Randy Blythe is atrocious as a vocalist. The whole "tough guy growl/snarl/scream" thing is so freakin' played. Dude sounds like a complete Anselmo clone to me.

And if I hear them called "thrash" one more time, I'm gonna scream until my head explodes!

So why waste time with something you already know sucks in huge proportions?

And any band that is conceded [or put in a bigger word. my vocabulary is not great] enough to label themselves after Jesus Christ, Himself, is not going to be anywhere on my radar. I saw one of their vids once, and laughed out loud!! Talk about cheese!!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 pm

"Pure American Metal?"

BAH!

This band does nothing for me. Very bad representation of metalcore. Killswitch is much better.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Yes! Another album I can completely ignore!
Papa Roach fans don't like Lamb Of God?

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 am

Quote :
Papa Roach fans don't like Lamb Of God?

I love you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Lamb of God album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next