Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Lamb of God album

Go down 
+11
MetalRob331
kmorg
SuprimuS
Thrasher73
sam
manny
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
mc666
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Lamb of God album Empty
PostSubject: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 am

I just checked out the new songs and i have to say i respect their playing a lot more on this album. The song Grace has a cool intro and some songs even have some blast beats. The vocals are slightly more diverse this time too.

http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 am

it's better than the Pantera worship of Sacrament. that's for sure. more like Ashes of the Wake.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 am

After just checking out the lyrics i know it's more Randy Blythe anti-God stuff. I know i like the music but the words are a turn off. That's the one thing i try to overlook but sometimes it's too over the top against what i believe. It's like someone telling you something you don't agree with and nodding your head saying yeah that's cool...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 am

i really like the new album. far heavier than the last album. there is still alot of pantera worship going on but since pantera is one of my fav bands, i can live with it.

very good album indeed.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:10 am

I just don't see what all the fuss is about with this band. The only song I found remotely interesting from that new album was Contractor, and even it completely lost me with the big groove/chugga-chugga breakdown right in the middle. Their other albums are all the same to me, as well. Maybe 1 or 2 "meh, decent" songs among a sea of mediocrity. I also just have to say Randy Blythe is atrocious as a vocalist. The whole "tough guy growl/snarl/scream" thing is so freakin' played. Dude sounds like a complete Anselmo clone to me.

And if I hear them called "thrash" one more time, I'm gonna scream until my head explodes!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:17 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I just don't see what all the fuss is about with this band. The only song I found remotely interesting from that new album was Contractor, and even it completely lost me with the big groove/chugga-chugga breakdown right in the middle. Their other albums are all the same to me, as well. Maybe 1 or 2 "meh, decent" songs among a sea of mediocrity. I also just have to say Randy Blythe is atrocious as a vocalist. The whole "tough guy growl/snarl/scream" thing is so freakin' played. Dude sounds like a complete Anselmo clone to me.

And if I hear them called "thrash" one more time, I'm gonna scream until my head explodes!

Who called them thrash?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Who called them thrash?

Sorry, should have qualified that when I said it. No one here did, true. I've heard it so many times in the past couple of years, from message boards to ignorant kids at record stores, and it drives me nuts.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am

I think they're a very good band, and I personally think they are one of the best metal bands to come out in recent years.
Fair enough their music sounds similar to other band's... SO WHAT!
Nobody on this board call honestly say that there aren't a s**t-load of other Metal bands that they listen to, from all different types of genres that don't sound like another band.
Personally, Thrash is my fav genre, but there are lots of bands that are just clones of each within that genre, but that still doesn't stop me from liking the individual bands just becuase they sound similar to another band.
Originality is a hard thing to come across. There are only so many notes on a guitar and so many subjects that can be sung about before everything comes full circle and starts repeating itself...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 am

Quote :
I've heard it so many times in the past couple of years, from message boards to ignorant kids at record stores, and it drives me nuts.

I totally understand that frustration. I've seen countless kids running around talking about things they know nothing about over the years.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:19 am

I checked the new songs out. I'm not a fan of the vocals at all. This band just doesn't do anything for me. They are heavy, but mostly because they are downtuned. The riffs aren't all that heavy. The breakdowns were sort of boring and were begging for a guitar solo, especially at the end of In Your Words. "Set To Fall" had a very short guitar solo in the middle, which tells me that they can play them. Wonder why they don't do more?

I saw this band on Gigantour a year or two ago. They played for nearly an hour and a half. They were entertaining for the first half hour. After that it stated getting boring and samey. By the end of the first hour I couldn't wait for them to get off stage.

I don't hate them, but I agree with Sideshow, I don't understand their widescale appeal. This band is selling out stadiums?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 am

Quote :
I don't hate them, but I agree with Sideshow, I don't understand their widescale appeal. This band is selling out stadiums?

The kids always like the loud and obnoxious bands. I think the music is good but the vocals are the weakest link.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:45 am

No they are not selling out stadiums but they are able to headline mid size venus and in some places arenas, they are very popular but not as popular as Slipknot or Korn.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:24 am

INVADERS wrote:
Fair enough their music sounds similar to other band's... SO WHAT!

I never knocked their music for being similar to other bands. It is Pantera worship to me, but that wasn't my complaint. There's nothing wrong with playing a style you love. My complaint, and the part I DID say was a clone, was Randy Blythe's vocals. On their previous albums he was so monotonous and boring with the Anselmo-styled throaty snarling/growling. I'll readily admit that the screaming and "clean"-ish vocals he does on some of the new songs sounded MUCH better.

I might actually find the band more appealing if they had a vocalist with some variation. Throw in some actual solos, and write lyrics that are more mature (loss the f-this, f-that, f-you stuff in EVERY song, EVERY verse) and there might be something that would catch me. I'm not against cursing, as sometimes an expletive can get a point across VERY well. Ask UncleSax (we've hung out a few times), I curse a bit when speaking. However, doing it ALL THE TIME in basically EVERY SONG seems immature at best, unimaginative at least, and ignorant at worst.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am

Kicks ass
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 am

sam wrote:
sucks ass

Fixed that for ya
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 am

thrasher73 wrote:
sam wrote:
sucks ass

Fixed that for ya

Lol, although i do like the album, that was funny! lol!

In regards to the singer, I do like the cleaner vocals he is attempting and the harmony vocals he's doing. I don't think he is a full Anselmo clone, although some of his trait's are apparent in Blythe's style. I regard him more in the Death Metal style of vocals, obviously not stupidly harsh or gutteral but more Death Metal than the Hardcore style Anselmo adopted from VDOP onwards.
But meh, i like Lamb of God and Pantera so this band suits me down to the ground. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 am

Yes! Another album I can completely ignore!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 am

thrasher73 wrote:
sam wrote:
sucks ass

Fixed that for ya

New Lamb of God album 19976

Smurf off will ya'? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 am

You guys are just to much fun. lol!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 am

sam wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
sam wrote:
sucks ass

Fixed that for ya

New Lamb of God album 19976

Smurf off will ya'? Very Happy

lol!

All joking aside.I do like some of the music but like Ult and others have mentioned the vocals ruin it for me.
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Personally i think Randy sucks to, i dont like his vioce or his lyrics but he doesnt sound anythin like Anselmo. i really like most of their music....
Not to mension Chris Adler is one of my favorite drummers. i meen just look at em....
New Lamb of God album 1006_ChrisAdler1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Nice to be able to keep some money in my pocket.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:53 pm

So can we label this trash then, Ben? Laughing

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:55 pm

I encourage all fans of Lamb of God to exclusively illegally download this new album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Too late, they both did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lamb of God album   New Lamb of God album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Lamb of God album
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next