Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pantera vs Lamb of God

Go down 
+33
Required Fields
nevermore
KaosAntix
TheGooch
7thSaviour
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
fingers
Lurideath
mc666
ohwellmonkey
Jesusandmetal23
INVADERS
DeathCult
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
Hamer12
Vexer6
James B.
FlyingV
ultmetal
manny
MetalGuy71
Stender
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
Gilbert
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Pantera vs Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Who'd prevail? To me, Pantera are far better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I hope you're not suggesting they're similar in style, because, on another forum, I just argued with a bunch of kids that were barely out of diapers when Pantera was big. They kept calling them overrated and saying that Lamb of God was far better and more influential. Totally lame.

Anyway, Lamb of God is crap. The singer makes Phil Anselmo sound like one of metals greatest crooners.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hope you're not suggesting they're similar in style, because, on another forum, I just argued with a bunch of kids that were barely out of diapers when Pantera was big. They kept calling them overrated and saying that Lamb of God was far better and more influential. Totally lame.

Anyway, Lamb of God is crap. The singer makes Phil Anselmo sound like one of metals greatest crooners.

100 % agree.

- Cowboys From Hell is a classic piece of metal, like it or not. I love that album!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:32 pm

PANTERA by a light-year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

I've been reading a lot about Lamb of God. These guys are so overrated in my opinion. Some even claimed that Wrath is one of the most influential metal albums!!! Funny.

To me. they're just a trend.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

I can't stand either of 'em, but hey, to each his own right?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

I haven't liked any post-COWBOYS FROM HELL Pantera, but I never liked Lamb of God at all. So Pantera gets it by default.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

As much as I HATE groove...my hate for metalcore prevails.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I can't stand either of 'em, but hey, to each his own right?

+100
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Can't say I'm all that familiar with Lamb Fries of God, but I didn't think they were comparable to Pantera. So who'd prevail? I dunno? Both bands have their fans and detractors. I like Pantera but noone cares what I think.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Pantera by a wide margin
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm not a big fan of Pantera, but I don't like Lamb of God at all. I've seen them in concert a couple times now and they are BORING! They write some good riffs, but their singer ruins any enjoyment I can find from them.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

For me it's Pantera. Not a fan of LOG at all, don't care for the name either. Plus I'm a Texan.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Pantera, but I don't like Lamb of God at all. I've seen them in concert a couple times now and they are BORING! They write some good riffs, but their singer ruins any enjoyment I can find from them.

I don't mind Lambchops of God, but to call that tool a vocalist is being generous.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Golly gee fella's

Even the "metal magic" era of Pantera is better than Lamb of God

If you could make puke, crap, puss, and bile into a digital forma...it would sound like a Lamb of God recording.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Personally I actually slightly prefer Lamb Of God, as I find Anselmo one of the single most overrated vocalists of all time, he just irritates the hell out of me most of the time! While LOG's singer might not be allt hat great either, I still find his voice much more tolerable then Anselmo's. IMO LOG are one of those bands that sound much better on CD then they do in concert.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Phil Anselmo is a douche (and that's being nice).
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Pantera by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

I like them both, but I gotta go with Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't liked any post-COWBOYS FROM HELL Pantera, but I never liked Lamb of God at all. So Pantera gets it by default.

That's me too.

I don't care for any post-"Cowboys from Hell" Pantera. But "Coyboys from Hell" and "Power Metal" are both phenominal metal platters.

Lamb of God on the other hand just doesn't impress me at all. I own none of their albums, and I wanna keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 pm

I like Pantera.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands IMO. LoG is just a metal band. If I want to listen to groove I'll throw in Pantera and Pissing Razors. CFH, VDOP, and Far Beyond Driven are 3 of the best albums a band could make in sequence.

LoG really have nothing going for them in the songwriting department and thats where they lose me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I really don't like either, but is they're really enough of a similarity to compare the two?

I liked LOG marginally when they were still Burn The Priest, but they never seemed to evolve from that, at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 pm

I like 'em both.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera vs Lamb of God
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next