Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamb of God

Go down 
+15
TheGooch
KissinMaiden
GrandNational
caniplaywithmadness?
Rex
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
novellahub
Temple of Blood
mc666
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:43 am

Generally, what are your thoughts on Lamb of God? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Don't give a rip about them?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:48 am

Music's ok, vocals are terrible. To screamy for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:49 am

I'll take "don't give a rip about'em" for $200, Alex Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:54 am

I saw them on Gigantour with Overkill, Megadeth, Arch Enemy, etc. (Overkill annihilated BTW) Halfway into their hour plus long set, I was bored to tears. Some decent riffs, a few that reminded me of Anthrax and Slayer, but the vocals sucked. This pip-squeak looking dude running around stage barking out vocals like he's Phil Anselmo singing in a metalcore band. By the fourth or fifth song I couldn't wait til they got off stage.

I keep getting emails from people telling me how "great" these guys are. I honestly haven't given their CDs the time of day. I am not much of a fan of metalcore and that is basically how I always lumped these guys. Perhaps I should give one of their CDs a chance before I totally dismiss them, but their live show just didn't impress me much.

However, I did notice that Bobby from Overkill was impressed by them. He watched from the side of the stage for their whole set. He also did a guest vocal spot with them on one song. Now Overkill has Randy Blythe of Lamb of God screaming on their new CD. GAK!

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am

i really like them.

The Vocals don't bother me in the silghtest.
The Guitarists are excellent and very precise, the Drummer is amazing . . . and heavy songs to boot.

Great Band
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am

ultmetal wrote:
However, I did notice that Bobby from Overkill was impressed by them. He watched from the side of the stage for their whole set. He also did a guest vocal spot with them on one song. Now Overkill has Randy Blythe of Lamb of God screaming on their new CD. GAK!

When I heard the L.O.G. guy was gonna sing on a track on the new Overkill CD I went "GACK" too but surprisingly enough, despite Randy's presence, it's still a pretty decent song. It didn't impress me enough to seek out any L.O.G. stuff though
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:59 am

A young kid that freelanced for us at work also worked with these guys as a grip on their dvd shoot "Killadelphia" and would constantly tell me how great they were. He gave me a cdr of some of their tunes and I couldn't get through it. Just not my thing at all, although they seem to be pretty popular with the youngun's at Hot Topic.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:08 am

They are VERY popular. I swear there were as many people there to see them than there were to see Megadeth. There were Lamb of God t-shirts EVERYWHERE!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:02 am

i like them ok... although i wasn't thrilled with their last album. it was very boring & paint by numbers. for as many fans as they have though, there are just as many people who hate them.

and btw, it's not just "hot topic kids" who like them.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:06 am

Quote :
and btw, it's not just "hot topic kids" who like them.

Yea, I know. I just use that as an example of how old and un-hip I am.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:32 am

IMHO:

Really bad. One of the most overrated bands out today.
Boring songs and playing no matter how "heavy" it is.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
IMHO:

It's only heavy because it's downtuned a full step or more. Take away the downtuning and the riffs aren't all that heavy. That's the case with a lot of modern bands. They don't write heavy riffs, they just rely on downtuned guitars to sound heavy. Shoot, if you write a good riff, you can play it on an acoustic guitar and have it sound heavy. Listen to some of Led Zeppelin's material. Nothing but acoustic guitars and bass and it was heavy.

I think part of the problem also is how people define heavy now. It's no longer about the songwriting and riffs, it's about the downtuned guitars and the bass heavy production values.
Back to top Go down

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 pm

Quote :
I was bored to tears. Some decent riffs, a few that reminded me of Anthrax and Slayer, but the vocals sucked.

Yeah, that's my impression of them too. I've not purchased any of their albums because the few songs I've heard on Headbanger's Ball didn't do anything for me. Very boring IMO. I'm not one for metalcore though.

Quote :
This pip-squeak looking dude running around stage barking out vocals like he's Phil Anselmo singing in a metalcore band. By the fourth or fifth song I couldn't wait til they got off stage.

lol! Laughing very hard That's just plain funny. You busted me up there. I think I'd feel the same exact way if I seen them live. Pip squeak HAHA oh me!!!

I do have to say though - one band that has really impressed me in the past year is Shadows Fall. They started out in the metalcore camp, and had a sound much like Lamb of God to begin with (only way better), but their last two albums have been very 80s thrash oriented. I seen them live a few months back (I wasn't there to see them, but they were opening for Lacuna Coil), and I expected to be bored to tears when they hit the stage. In fact, I was all set to go into the bar and grab a few brews while they played because I was only familiar with their stuff from the early 00s which was very metalcore. Then I noticed how their solos sounded like Alex Skolnick from Testament and I was shocked. I stayed the whole set and banged my head! I ended up buying their new cd ("Threads of Life") and was very blown away by it. It's in my top albums of the year for sure!

Ult, I think you'd like the new Shadows Fall. If you don't have it yet - I'll get you a copy. I'm that sure you'll at least 'like' it.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 pm

Their "Red Neck" video were they perform for a girl's birthday party is hillarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2FdFzecAg

I can't say I am a fan of their music...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Not really a fan.Certain songs are o.k musically,but that damn vocalist just irritates me.To each his own though
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm

They are good for what they are but the kind of music they play gets boring after a while IMO (granted that has to do more with the vocals than the music, but even then most of the songs tend to blend in together and you can't really tell them apart). Every now and then I will listen to some metalcore but only in small doses and not every day. However, if people getting into bands like Lamb Of God transition to more traditional forms of metal then I have NO problem with that. Anything that gets people turned on to real metal is o.k. in my book.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:50 pm

I like their one album called (As the Palaces Burn) and there are a few song's on their other records that are good but as a whole i'm not a big fan. If your gonna relisten to a record bt them i recommend ATPB.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
IMHO:

It's only heavy because it's downtuned a full step or more. Take away the downtuning and the riffs aren't all that heavy. That's the case with a lot of modern bands. They don't write heavy riffs, they just rely on downtuned guitars to sound heavy. Shoot, if you write a good riff, you can play it on an acoustic guitar and have it sound heavy. Listen to some of Led Zeppelin's material. Nothing but acoustic guitars and bass and it was heavy.

I think part of the problem also is how people define heavy now. It's no longer about the songwriting and riffs, it's about the downtuned guitars and the bass heavy production values.

I totally agree with 99% of your post.

The extreme metal scene to me is full of "heavy" bands that are musically/melodically weak and songwriting-challenged. More grating than pleasant/entertaining.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say heavy riffs still sound heavy when played on an acoustic guitar though. But I think you can still tell that is has a good, dark, "heavy" melody on there though. But it really only becomes heavy when you pull out your electric and plug it in IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Musically I like them just fine, the vocals totally ruin it though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:10 pm

calling the lead singer a pip squeak is silly. having a muscular physique certainly doesn't make someones vocals sound better. not to my ears anyway.

it was pretty well known before this thread was started that the general population of this forum does not like or respect groove metal/metalcore
material. it appears this is just another one of those threads started to bash a certain band/style & get others to join along. mission accomplished. Wink

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
calling the lead singer a pip squeak is silly. having a muscular physique certainly doesn't make someones vocals sound better. not to my ears anyway.

it was pretty well known before this thread was started that the general population of this forum does not like or respect groove metal/metalcore
material. it appears this is just another one of those threads started to bash a certain band/style & get others to join along. mission accomplished. Wink

I thought my motives were spelled out pretty clear. After discussing my opinion of their live show I said this:

Quote :
I keep getting emails from people telling me how "great" these guys are. I honestly haven't given their CDs the time of day. I am not much of a fan of metalcore and that is basically how I always lumped these guys. Perhaps I should give one of their CDs a chance before I totally dismiss them, but their live show just didn't impress me much.

And the "pip-squeak" comment had nothing to do with muscular physique but rather the way he carried himself on stage and his overall stage presence.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:23 pm

i saw them at download. didn't like them really. loved the wall of death tho lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Quote :
having a muscular physique certainly doesn't make someones vocals sound better. not to my ears anyway.

Try telling that to Manowar.
Back to top Go down

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
having a muscular physique certainly doesn't make someones vocals sound better. not to my ears anyway.

Try telling that to Manowar.

hahahaha.

Lamb of God are a crappy metalcore band. But i do admit that the riffs are half decent.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Music is sometimes ok, but the vocalist kills it, plus they seem fake and manufactured for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lamb of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamb of God
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next