Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamb of God: resolution

Go down 
+7
manny
EmoElmo
mc666
Troublezone
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
Speedmetalfreak
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

Lamb of God: resolution Empty
PostSubject: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 am

The new LOG is out.

Here's a new track. Quite aggressive, but i can't get into the vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jnIFKV-rNY
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 am

Could never get into this band even though a friend of mine back in '04 used to play their albums all the damn time I was around him.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 am

The only thing I never liked about this band is that they are always like F this and F that. Everything else is awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:15 am

I wouldn't mind them if they had a better vocalist.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn't mind them if they had a better vocalist.

That's the weakest link for this band IMO
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 am

too much Pantera worship (vocally & musically) is the weakest link here. aside from that, they aren't so bad.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:37 am

Quote :
too much Pantera worship

Blythe isn't capable of singing at all. Anselmo may be a shadow of what he used to be, but he can still sing (sometimes). In addition... LoG music isn't even as good as Pantera's either.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
too much Pantera worship

I hear people say that, but I don't really hear it. Blythe isn't capable of singing at all. Anselmo may be a shadow of what he used to be, but he can still sing (sometimes). In addition... LoG music isn't even as good as Pantera's either.
well, i never said "a Pantera replica". LoG try to do Pantera at their more aggressive. so yeah, i'd still say Pantera worship. as far as them not being as good as Pantera, that's all a matter of opinion.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
too much Pantera worship

I hear people say that, but I don't really hear it. Blythe isn't capable of singing at all. Anselmo may be a shadow of what he used to be, but he can still sing (sometimes). In addition... LoG music isn't even as good as Pantera's either.
well, i never said "a Pantera replica". LoG try to do Pantera at their more aggressive. so yeah, i'd still say Pantera worship. as far as them not being as good as Pantera, that's all a matter of opinion.

Well, I guess I can see what you're saying from a Far Beyond Driven + Great Southern Trendkill era influence...
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 am

LOG is basically a band that tries to cater both Traditional Thrash and Nu-Metal fans....sadly it doesn't work, they don't have a definitive style to please both.

I kinda liked their 'Burn The Priest' debut LP back when they were virtually unknown (Burn The Priest is also their orig. bandname btw) but albums that came after that were like a bunch of lame-ass generic stale metal, if I were to define a definitive Generic Nu Metal band, that would be them.

And I agree with the lamey vox, he just doesn't sound right, they need a much better frontman who can deliver the goods, I would be happy if they'd lessen the 'Nu' stuff a bit because it is getting kinda 'old', no pun intended
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:38 am

I like the band but the vocalist annoys the sh!t out of me, I don't mind screaming instead of singing, but damn it scream in key, any key!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

manny wrote:
I like the band but the vocalist annoys the sh!t out of me, I don't mind screaming instead of singing, but damn it scream in key, any key!!!!

What he said.

Saw this band at Gigantour. Sometimes seeing a band live will change my opinion of them and make me enjoy their music more. Not the case here. I didn't care for them live and their singer annoyed me to no end.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 am

Like I said in my Metallica review about Lamb Of God:

Quote :
hated the singer....he helped make them boring...thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR-thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR-F**K YOU-thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:03 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Like I said in my Metallica review about Lamb Of God:

Quote :
hated the singer....he helped make them boring...thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR-thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR-F**K YOU-thrash riff-breakdown-RROOWWRR...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and that sums it up, and MC666 is correct, those guitarist worship at the altar of Dimebag
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

I think its too midground for me to like more than their earlier stuff. Its like it wants to have a southern feel, but then doesn't on other songs. Too inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I picked up "ashes of the wake" a few years back as a blind buy, I really liked that album. But I could never get into the rest of there stuff, they just dropped off my radar and I lost all interest. I thought the song "walk with me in hell" was a pretty cool sounding tune, but nothing else after ashes really did it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God: resolution   Lamb of God: resolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamb of God: resolution
Page 1 of 1