Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phasing out CD players...

Go down 
+25
the sentinel
metalheaded
kmorg
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
sam
James B.
candlemass
tohostudios
mc666
Gilbert
Required Fields
chucksteak
exact33
SAHB Healer
Stender
manny
Rex
Thrasher73
akeldama
metalinmyveins
RimShot
Troublezone
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Now there is one thing I can agree with you on Sax, hate speech. Nothing pisses me off more than a loud mouth rascist (of any kind). And as far as censorship goes, I don't believe in it either however, where we differ is I only have a problem when the government does it. When an individual or a business deciedes to take a moral position and not sell a certain thing in their store or allow a certain thing in their home I don't find anything wrong with it (though I'm sure you agree with me on the individual in their home-being a parent and all).

One thing that makes us similar is we both have our standards and morals (mine were developed pretty early too) and we'll always speak up on them and since some of our standards clash we will never quite see eye to eye.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:16 am

Eff the baskets. I want physical copies of the music I own! And I want inserts too, even if I don't read them. It was already a big sacrifice giving up full size album covers for these little tiny CD covers...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 am

Where i live there are a good amount of Walmarts. We have a 24 hour one too. Walgreens is also popping up everywhere, just about every other corner like McDonalds used to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
Where i live there are a good amount of Walmarts. We have a 24 hour one too. Walgreens is also popping up everywhere, just about every other corner like McDonalds used to.

We're getting that too. Walgreens and Rite Aid's were popping up everywhere for awhile there. I read an article about the Top 15 Compaines that could close up in 2009 and Rite Aid was one of them. They expanded too fast, buying up Eckerd's and building new stores. Now they're up to their eyeballs in debt to their creditors. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 4 Rite Aid stores within a 3 mile radius of my home.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:10 am

We've got Walgreens all over the place here too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 am

They're building a new Walgreens a couple of blocks away from my house. I find it odd that they'd want to open in my town considering that there's already a Rite Aid less than half a mile away, a family owned pharmacy right across the street from the building site and two supermarkets with pharmacies in them all in town already. How many sick people do they think we got around here?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
They're building a new Walgreens a couple of blocks away from my house. I find it odd that they'd want to open in my town considering that there's already a Rite Aid less than half a mile away, a family owned pharmacy right across the street from the building site and two supermarkets with pharmacies in them all in town already. How many sick people do they think we got around here?

The one Rite Aid was in a small shopping center around the corner from me. When they purchased Eckert's, they transformed it to a another Rite Aid, which is right in the larger shopping center behind it. So now they're both within walking distance of each other. I thought the smaller one would have shut down by now, but so far, they're both up and running. And both of them are within a mile of the mall, which has the Walmart and a supermarket, both with pharmacies of course.

PostSubject: Re: Phasing out CD players...   Phasing out CD players... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phasing out CD players...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4