Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?

Go down 
+28
Leatherface
BillRoxx
Selvmord
Hamer12
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Ben Grimm
RimShot
Smindas
mez
Mglaffas81
DallasBlack
kmorg
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
skullsmasher
ultmetal
Gilbert
dirtracin1
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
Troublezone
EvyMetal
SAHB Healer
RevBilly6207
Schbopo
Required Fields
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 pm

I keep a written record so I don't forget the details Smile

88 Bride,Dale sang Amazing Grace acapella and sat on the edge of the stage afterwards taking a few questions,amazing show
89 Vengeance-met the now infamous Roger Martinez,he seemed so on fire back then and the other members of the band
Alice Cooper-he arrived at the music warehouse I worked in and exited a clean trash truck promoting his album.I was wearing my long departed (stolen, bastages ! :kickbutt: ) original album cover Fifth Angel shirt.He spoke to me first and said "My drummer (Ken Mary) plays for that band " Cool guy.

90 Trouble-the first time,it was at the signing for "Trouble",talked with Eric a while then Bruce,Rick,Ron,and then Barry Stern,and took pictures

91 Mad At The World
Believer-met the band and hung out briefly,after the show interviewed Dave Baddorf for Resurrection Thunder mag
very happy Met John Perez and the members of Solitude for the first time(a night that literally changed my life musically and writing wise)

Cool 92 Met and auditioned for Last Chapter,got to rehearse songs that they later did not even run through with Robert,including singing the original lyrics of "Things To Come". Though I was not exactly what they were looking for ,they were willing to work with me including even giving me rides to practice,but due to the traffic we just could not make it happen.
Deliverance-met and hung out backstage with the band

93 Trouble-Did a brief cool interview with Bruce Franklin,never got printed due to Resurrection Thunder's demise.Also the show afterwards where I found myself sitting in the back seat next to the onetime editor of Metal Maniacs,Katherine,while having a conversation with Ron Holzner of Trouble about Metallica,on his way to meet King Diamond at the studio,one metal memory I will never forget.
Mortification/Living Sacrifice-bought a Paramecium cd from Steve Rowe and discussed the scene,briefly hung with LS
Paradise Lost-having had the right connections and being a major fan,got to do an interview(also never printed !) with Nick Holmes if you can believe it,for an underground Christian metal mag,sat around afterwards talking about the weather,very honest intelligent guy,awesome show afterwards !

94 Tourniquet-sat around backstage talking with Ted and the guys about doom and Christian metal,Solitude opened for them,my first live concert review.This was also unfortunately the time of the infamous bologna sandwich and Coke dinner for them perpetrated by my now ex-brother -in-law.
Mortification-Really got to talk and even eat with them at this one.I was presented with a Saint Vitus hat in between songs that they had kindly picked up for me in Europe,great bunch of guys.

Cool 95 Mad At The World/Rose-basically hung out for hours at the venue talking to Roger ,Randy,and Steve K.Thanks to a glorious power failure,I was asked if they could borrow my new Crate amp for their set,still have it.

very happy 98 Very briefly met the original members of BLACK SABBATH,well three in the concious sense,Ozzy did not seem to know where he was,he was out of it.I did get to tell the Legend himself,Mr Tony Iommi,how much I liked his guitar playing,say hi to Geezer ,and wish Bill better health while getting a page from a music book signed.

99 Met Las Cruces
Met Drain STH guitarist Flavia Canell

00 Met and (only I would do this !) slightly irritated THE LEGEND OF DOOM Mr.Scott "Wino" Weinrich.Some uninformed (always double check your sources) a-hole gave me some info involving the name rights of The Obsessed which I briefly metioned in my review. pale The information WAS not correct and my review,MY REVIEW got a look of disdain from The Man himself.I apologized profusely and true to his cool nature he said it was cool,I didn't know it wasn't true,awesome human being ! cool

very happy 01 Stoner Hands Of Doom festival
Met and later corresponded with the too cool Victor Griffin and Place Of Skulls and their fellow East Coast doom brethren life Beyond

very happy 2008-FINALLY got to meet and briefly talk with epic doom legends CANDLEMASS and take photos
briefly spoke to the lead vocalist for the phenomenal Daylight Dies ,great new Paradise Lost style band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:55 pm

I have met Gary Lenaire from Tourniquet. Met him at the NAMM show in 2003 in LA.

That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 pm

I left out Fireball Ministry, Celtic Frost and Victor Griffin of Place Of Skulls off of my previous list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4