Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?

Go down 
+28
Leatherface
BillRoxx
Selvmord
Hamer12
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Ben Grimm
RimShot
Smindas
mez
Mglaffas81
DallasBlack
kmorg
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
skullsmasher
ultmetal
Gilbert
dirtracin1
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
Troublezone
EvyMetal
SAHB Healer
RevBilly6207
Schbopo
Required Fields
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Like with Trey Anastasio, this one isn't confirmed, but there was a guy who looked and sounded EXACTLY like Sammy Hagar in Santa Fe once...he needed directions.
Back to top Go down

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Jimmy Brown/George Ochoa - Deliverance
Victor Macias - Tourniquet
Doug, Ty & Jerry - King's X (a few times)
Alan, Monty & Ben - Galactic Cowboys
Kurt & Joey - Believer
Julio & Nina - The Lead
drummer from Opeth (asked me & my buddy for weed)
Van Williams - Nevermore
Glen & Wendy - Rez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Oh, and I passed John Waite (Bad English) on a mall escalator... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If that one counts, then I'm gonna mention that I happened to be in a mall while Tiffany was performing in the Food Court circa 1987 or 88. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm

I think I walked into the residue of a fart let loose by Jannick Gers once.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:30 pm

OK I have been privileged to meet and know lots of folks in the Christian Metal world. Quickly coming to mind... Everyone from Stryper to Ultimatum Smile

But Ozzy, Zakk and Mike Bordin were a pleasure to meet as well....

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 BillZakk
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Alan, Monty & Ben - Galactic Cowboys

I forgot about Galactic Cowboys, although I only met Ben & Wally.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Although I didn't get to talk to them, I was in a record store and saw the band Prong when they where in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 pm

My list would be like Ults. But I did meet Bill Roxx!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 am

Remembered some more:

Jesper Strömblad (In Flames)
Griffin
Danny Cecati (ex-Pegazus)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 am

Quote :
Bill Roxx!!!

Who?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
kmorg wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Back in 86 i met James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet and Lars Ulrich.
They were all very friendly and down to earth, sat and talked and drank beer with them for about an hour.

Did you meet them when they played in Oslo? If so, that was the 2nd to last show with Cliff. Sad

A friend of mine claims that he hitch-hiked with Metallicas tour bus after that gig in Oslo (or was it Drammen or Skedsmo?). He and another friend of his just started to help the roadies take down the gear, and they offered them a ride home. We live near the boarder, so he walked of the bus close to home. He also talks about drinking beer and Jägermeister with the band. Little did he know that he would be one of the last fans that were to meet Cliff Sad

All I have to say is wow... and now I'm depressed. R.I.P. Cliff Burton.

kmorg wrote:
Another friend of ine met up with Metallica after a gig at the infamous Donington gig in '93 I think? He got my black album CD cover signed by all of the members Very Happy

Actually Metallica played Donington in 1985, 1987, 1991, 1995, so that would've made it probably the 91 show, but maybe 1995?

Oslo yes, or Lillestrøm to be exact. The gig was in Skedsmohallen outside Oslo.
The whole story is of course my best metal moment ever, but also a very sad story.
My best friend and me arrived early and while walking up the main road in Lillestrøm, i saw James standing outside a bar. We ran like mad in to a store to buy pen and paper. We then walked over to him and asked for his autograph, after we got that he went inside and we followed.
The bar was in the basement of the building, and the people inside were mostly journalists.
We just acted like we belonged there, and to our delight we also met Kirk and Lars inside.
Imagine yourself sitting there with the three of them, sipping beer and talking to your biggest heroes, we were in heaven.
Got autographs on paper and on my jacket. Sadly we did not have a camera..
We were there until they left to prepare for the show.
The gig was unbelievably great, Anthrax opened (Spreading the disease just released i think), and Metallica were of course on their Master of Puppets Tour.
Now to the sad part of the story.
Cliff dying just a couple of days after was a great shock. He was ment to be at that bar, but we were told that he was not feeling well when the other guys left, so he stayed at the hotel to rest. It would have been very spesial to have met him..
A year or so after we met them, my best friend, who were with me that day, died in motorcycle crash...

Wow, that whole story was pretty gripping...I'm sorry about your friend, but at least you had that moment with him. The irony though, regarding both Cliff and your friend.

The other thing I realized, you were at the last show where John Marshall (guitar tech at the time) had played for James Hetfield. Hetfield was in his last day of recovering from his broken wrist ( I believe) from skate boarding that summer. His first of two breaks. Cliff's last show in Stockholm, Sweden was James first gig back at guitar since I believe sometime in July. Rumor has it that John Marshall used to hide behind the crosses on the stage due to his stage fright. Cliff was the one who used to coax him out from behind the crosses. Any memories regarding John Marshall playing that night???

You know your history my friend Very Happy .
I had totally forgot about James`s broken arm. But i remember now that there was a lot talk about it in magazines, and among us fans.
If my memory is not totally blown, i believe James actually played guitar in Oslo. At least i think he had his guitar with him on stage...
Let me see if i can find some old pictures from the gig.

I used to eat, sleep, sh!t everything Metallica for a number of years. I have the 3rd to last gig, and the final gig of Cliff of that tour on a bootleg. I could've sworn that James first show back behind the guitar was Cliff's last show, but you would know better than I, since you were there. I can't lie, I'm very envious that you had the opportunity to see Cliff live. I didn't see my first Metallica show until November of 1988 at the Mecca in Milwaukee (Queensryche was the opener).

Looks like we are both right. But all info i could find online says the Sweden show was his first playing guitar again.
Seeing these pictures from that show bring back a whole lot of memories.
Can`t believe it`s more than 20 years gone by....

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Aa10
James playing guitar..
What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Aaaa10
James not playing guitar.
Kind of embarrased i didn`t remember, but i think he only played guitar on a couple of songs. So the Sweden concert must have been his first full show back on guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 am

Those are killer pictures and color me jealous, I wish I had seen Metallica on this tour.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am

Olafsto...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting those pics. I live for anything circa 1986 or earlier of Metallica. You're awesome!!! It looks like you really pushed your way to the front at this show, as I would've as well. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If that one counts, then I'm gonna mention that I happened to be in a mall while Tiffany was performing in the Food Court circa 1987 or 88. Laughing

It counts...he was wearing sunglasses inside, that jacket he wore in the "Price Of Love" video and red hair sprayed to the ceiling... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It counts...he was wearing sunglasses inside, that jacket he wore in the "Price Of Love" video and red hair sprayed to the ceiling... Laughing very hard

If THAT counts, then I'm adding Matt Barlow to my list. Saw him and his girl in a Fashion Bug store just south of Indy several years ago. How could you miss that long flaming red hair?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:46 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I am sure you feel blessed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:31 am

Ben Grimm wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I am sure you feel blessed

gers was cropdusting.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 am

Let's see if I can remember all of them....and I'm counting the ones where all I did was get their autograph real quick, like in a record store signing:

Metal Church (The Dark lineup)
Anthrax (Among The Living lineup)
Queensryche (Rage For Order lineup)
Vinnie Vincent Invasion (s/t lineup)
Megadeth (Peace Sells lineup)
Ultimatum (uh, a few times, haha! I live in the same city, roadie for them most of their shows, and have hung out with them countless times- all super cool guys and were a blessing to me when I moved here)
Extol (original lineup and Synergy lineup; hung out with them a lot- super nice guys, all of them)
Dale Thompson
Overkill
Sonata Arctica
Early Man
Believer (Sanity Obscure lineup; really fun dudes)
Living Sacrifice (Nonexistent lineup; real nice dudes)
Sacrament (both lineups)
Siloam (Brian borrowed my drum set for the gig, which was pretty cool)
Mortification (Steve Rowe, Michael Carlisle, both super nice guys)
Lust Control
One Bad Pig
Consecrator
Vengeance Rising (Once Dead lineup, Roger Rising lineups)
Sacred Warrior (great guys; came and spoke at my church about music, lifestyles, etc. to the church and parents)
King's X
Paradox (San Antonio, TX one)
Crashdog
Marc Solomon (Stavesacre, The Crucified)
Jim Chaffin (The Crucified, Once Dead)
Jimmy Brown
Glenn Rogers
Saint (In The Battle lineup)
X-Sinner (Dave Robbins, Greg Bishop)
Guardian (Power & Love tour; great guys, all of them)
Edward Vasquez (old Devastation, good friend of mine)

...and not in person, but via e-mail and/or paper mail:
Svein Sanders (old Antestor drummer)
Greg Smith (Ethereal Scourge)
Neil Johnston (Screams of Chaos)
Michael Kiske (he answered my e-mail about spiritual stuff and where he stands)
Rikard Sunden (Sabaton)
Pete Hawthorne (Warpath)
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:06 pm

I was at Disneyland the same time the Cheetah Girls were, does that count?
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

RimShot wrote:
I was at Disneyland the same time the Cheetah Girls were, does that count?

lol!

Then you'll have to add Mickey and Goofy too, probably! Lucky you. Very Happy

I've also met members from Bad Religion and Sentenced

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I met DeminAndLeather (aka Rich) once in Cali. :)

Oh yes, I met Lizzy Borden as well. Cool guys, all of them. Marten Anderson gave me one of his bass picks.

Yep met Ultiumatum, Trog and justin at the madness festival. Great time, but I think of you guys more as friends than guys in a band I like.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:24 pm

I also have met the amazing drummer from stevie and the saints myself on several occasions! What a great guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Saw Scott Waters at Gigantour. Would have talked to him, but didn't feel like putting down my Pepsi. For some reason, they take the caps off the sodas they sell there. What's the point of that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Saw Scott Waters at Gigantour. Would have talked to him, but didn't feel like putting down my Pepsi. For some reason, they take the caps off the sodas they sell there. What's the point of that?

next time talk to him, he's a good dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?   What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What famous/semi-famous metal musicians have you met in person over the years?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next