Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves

Go down 
+6
XYZ
fingers
MetalGuy71
snooloui
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Empty
PostSubject: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:53 am

From Cracked.com:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18500_the-5-most-famous-musicians-who-are-thieving-bastards.htm
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm not sure I buy all that though.

Sure some of the riffs were similar for Led Zeppelin and Metallica, but it doesn't mean they actually ripped someone off.

Could've been just coincidence.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm

It always happens to be a small section or tiny riff of a song. Doesn't take much for someone to come up with a melody that sounds similar to another.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:55 pm

snooloui wrote:
It always happens to be a small section or tiny riff of a song. Doesn't take much for someone to come up with a melody that sounds similar to another.

Very true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

I'd heard most of these accusations before (some valid, some...eh, maybe), but the Deep Purple one was a curveball. Didin't see that one coming. Funny article though. I love reading that Cracked website.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:19 am

Bit surprised of MetallicA but I got to admit The Thing that should not to be in places sounds like Trouble's The Wish
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:44 am

Every cool riff was stolen from Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:51 am

"There have only been 11 songs ever written. Everybody has just been rearranging and mixing them together since." - David Lee Roth
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:46 pm

brontotex wrote:
"There have only been 11 songs ever written. Everybody has just been rearranging and mixing them together since." - David Lee Roth

Exactly! headbanger

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
brontotex wrote:

Exactly! headbanger

5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Lol
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Hilarious.....

5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves   5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieves
Page 1 of 1