Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on

Go down 
+22
Sabbath In Solitude
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
mc666
Leatherface
the sentinel
GrandNational
rattpoison
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
ensiferum2k
SAHB Healer
MetalRob331
akeldama
jstate
XYZ
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Schbopo
ultmetal
kmorg
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:38 am

AngelRipper16 wrote:
Iron Maiden - "The Clansman" is an awesome track. And even though I find the album decent enough, I think this song shits all over it!

I'd go with that, Virtual XI is my least favorite albums but it does have some decent songs one of which is The Clansman.

Some others I can think of:

Faith No More-Digging A Grave
Metallica-King Nothing (I hate Load and Re-Load, but that song ain't half bad)
Mirador-Phoenix Syndrome
Deciple-Back Again
Candlebox-Far Behind
Extreme-Hole Hearted
Saviour Machine-Behold A Pale Horse and The Seventh Seal (the rest of Legend II is too amient for repeated listens but those two songs are great)

There are more but I don't feel like going through all my music library to make a list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 am

The title tracks from Sabbath's Never Say Die, Deep Purple's Stormbringer and Priest's Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 am

plancha7 wrote:
The title tracks from Sabbath's Never Say Die, Deep Purple's Stormbringer and Priest's Nostradamus.

I agree in regards to Deep Purple's Stormbringer, as far as Nostradamus I bought that CD the week it came out and I am still not sure what to make of it, I am Black Sabbath fanboy so IMO I think 'Never Say Die' is a classic.
Back to top Go down
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:07 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Snuff - Nick Northern off the album Demmamussabebonk ( that song has groove, melody, and killer hooks, the rest of the album is pretty much your mosh variety speed punk )

[youtube]Bq5atQXbsvk[/youtube]

Wait.. am i imagining it or is that song based entirely on the melody from Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal?

Strange inspiration for a skater/punk band. Catchy song, though.. can't deny that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 am

plancha7 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Snuff - Nick Northern off the album Demmamussabebonk ( that song has groove, melody, and killer hooks, the rest of the album is pretty much your mosh variety speed punk )

[youtube]Bq5atQXbsvk[/youtube]

Wait.. am i imagining it or is that song based entirely on the melody from Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal?

Strange inspiration for a skater/punk band. Catchy song, though.. can't deny that.

Maybe not that strange remember a few years ago Alien Ant Farm had a radio hit with their cover of 'Smooth Criminal' and of course Chris Cornell did a slightly left field cover of Jacko's 'Billie Jean'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:04 am

tohostudios wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Babylon AD - Bang Go the Bells. Horrible album, great song.

:kickbutt: There's lots of good music on that album!

Uhh, no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3