Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
bass63
manny
Troublezone
Eyesore
assault_attack
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Boris2008
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
17 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Empty
PostSubject: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Ok, Whitesnake recorded Crying in The Rain and Here I Go Again on 2 different albums. First on Saints and Sinners and then on 1987...Which versions do you like the best...for me its Saints And Sinners...

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I had never heard the original Here I Go Again, thanks for sharing. It is much better. The drum sound almost sounds like Billy Squier's drummer.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 pm

I much prefer the Saints & Sinners versions. I'm glad that they did the 1987 record, they deserved mega success and to get that they had to follow certain trends, it's still a good record.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Ehh, the original versions are decent enough (first time for me to hear them too) but I am far too used to the 87 versions and prefer them.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:42 pm

I like the 87 Version of Crying In The Rain and the original version of Here I Go Again.  That being said, I can't stand "Here I Go Again" and if I never hear it again in my life it will be too soon. Way too much radio airplay killed it for me.  Crying In The Rain is a ripper though.

This version of Here I Go Again is particularly horrible:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I like the 87 Version of Crying In The Rain and the original version of Here I Go Again.  That being said, I can't stand "Here I Go Again" and if I never hear it again in my life it will be too soon. Way too much radio airplay killed it for me.  Crying In The Rain is a ripper though.

+1
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Always hated that version.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 pm

There's also an old version of "Fool For Your Lovin'" that they re-did on Slip Of The Tongue

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs 775710

Do I have to choose?  Smile

Coverdale really had a strong voice in the day.

So Ian Paice played drums on the original versions But Cozy Powell played drums in the video for "Here I Go Again"

Aynsley Dunbar played drums on the  Whitesnake 87' versions, But Tommy Aldridge played in the video for  "Standing In The Rain"

That is one hell of a list of drummer  imho.

Not a studio version but this is awesome, The Mel Galley era.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:31 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Agreed. I prefer the later version of "Crying in the Rain" and the early version of "Here I Go Again," though it is, for me, not quite as catchy without all that late-80s gloss. Never heard that radio mix before...and I'm glad for that. Goddamn that was annoying! Pretty sure some angry, disgruntled keyboardist remixed that one. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:32 am

mikeinfla wrote:
IThe drum sound almost sounds like Billy Squier's drummer.

Interesting fact: My father was in a band with that guy before his time in Squier's band. They were called X-Wolf. I thought that name was so cool when I was a kid, it's the name I used for my first band. At 39, I see that it is actually quite lame. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 1:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There's also an old version of "Fool For Your Lovin'" that they re-did on Slip Of The Tongue

I didn't know that they had redone that one. I suppose it depends which version you are used to but I love the 1980 version and hate the later one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 1:50 am

The old songs are good, but "1987" is my favorite Whitesnake album. I think John Sykes made them a lot better.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:00 am

I prefer 1987 version simply because I heard them first, when Geffen reissued the back catalog of Whitesnake did I finally hear the original versions.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:50 am

manny wrote:
I prefer 1987 version simply because I heard them first, when Geffen reissued the back catalog of Whitesnake did I finally hear the original versions.

I have the same problem in reverse, the songs posted were big songs in the U.K and I was a big Whitesnake fan in the early '80s, by the time they got re-recorded I knew the songs too well and they just didn't sound right. My tastes had also got a lot heavier by 1987-89 so I wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 2:05 pm

The Saints & Sinners versions
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 2:06 pm

bass63 wrote:

The Saints & Sinners versions

Same here.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
manny wrote:

I have the same problem in reverse, the songs posted were big songs in the U.K and I was a big Whitesnake fan in the early '80s, by the time they got re-recorded I knew the songs too well and they just didn't sound right. My tastes had also got a lot heavier by 1987-89 so I wasn't impressed.

I can understand that, and let's be honest those re-recordings, videos, were aimed straight to the American market, and guess what it worked. I bought the album along with 7 million other people, and most fans did not even know they had been around a few years when they struck platinum over here.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:25 am

I have a mixed reception.

When it comes to "Here I Go Again," I really love the backing track of the Saints & Sinners version, but I find myself missing the '87 vocal - particularly on the "Like a hobo, I was born to walk alone" bit. Seriously, nobody thought that sounded goofy as hell?

"Crying in the Rain" always wanted that big production anyway, so I'm partial to the '87 version though the original is good, the '87 takes it to the next level. All the pomp suited that one very well.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 am

The 87 versions.

I'm not a huge Whitesnake fan, and I think the 87 record is the only one I've owned. And of course have heard "Here I Go Again" on the radio a toooon (still love it though). But I remember hearing on the radio about 10 years ago, the other version of "Here I Go Again". I thought it sounded so weird to here, and still at the time did not know where it came from. I heard it pop up again on the radio a couple times after that, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:03 pm

I prefer the original "Here I Go Again" and the 1987 version of "Crying the Rain" as the newer version just smokes!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 am

Runicen wrote:
I have a mixed reception.

When it comes to "Here I Go Again," I really love the backing track of the Saints & Sinners version, but I find myself missing the '87 vocal - particularly on the "Like a hobo, I was born to walk alone" bit.  Seriously, nobody thought that sounded goofy as hell?

"Crying in the Rain" always wanted that big production anyway, so I'm partial to the '87 version though the original is good, the '87 takes it to the next level.  All the pomp suited that one very well.  

This sums my views up quite well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs   Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake...2 albums..same songs
Page 1 of 1