Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good songs on Bad albums.

Go down 
+31
brokentulsa
Lari
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
Gryphon-kl
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
bgsully
Temple of Blood
Getizzyback
thejokeriv
Velvet Creation
Nico
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
Witchfinder
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
krokus
Mglaffas81
Smindas
mc666
adrian
Gilbert
Troublezone
troublemagnet
metalhead777
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Good songs on Bad albums. Empty
PostSubject: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 am

You know,that one song you love on an album you hate.

Mine would have to be S.Y.L,a great song and it could have fitted on "City" rather than "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing". I still wish Devin would re-record some of his older stuff like this in proper quality since this album had god awful production.

Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 am

"Spirtual Void" off of I Hear Black comes to mind. One of Overkill's greatest songs on a bad album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 am

troublemagnet wrote:
"Spirtual Void" off of I Hear Black comes to mind. One of Overkill's greatest songs on a bad album.

What makes I Hear Black a bad album? I think "World of Hurt" is also a good song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:44 am

Actually, i don't consider I HEAR BLACXK to be a bad album.

It's one of my favourite OVERKILL records.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am

I don't hate Forbidden's Green album, but I do find it hard to listen to unless I'm in the right mood. But Over the Middle really stands out to me, distorted vocals aside, that song rules!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:57 am

adrian wrote:
I don't hate Forbidden's Green album, but I do find it hard to listen to unless I'm in the right mood. But Over the Middle really stands out to me, distorted vocals aside, that song rules!
i like that entire album, but yeah that song especially rules.

This Was My Life from Countdown to Extinction was a good song on an awful album.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:45 am

metalhead777 wrote:
You know,that one song you love on an album you hate.

Mine would have to be S.Y.L,a great song and it could have fitted on "City" rather than "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing". I still wish Devin would re-record some of his older stuff like this in proper quality since this album had god awful production
Most of Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing is a complete mess, but there are a few good tracks. 'In The Rainy Season' is another good 'un.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

"Reckless" off Priest's "Turbo" - While I don't hate the album, I still consider it Priest's weakest album. It's not so much the synth guitars, it's the lack of interesting songwriting on most of the songs, and it really becomes too simplified, boring bubblegum rock - there's not so much Priest identity in the album, which I really think is the biggest issue - it just lacks much of the "PRIEST!" feel.

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="metalhead777"]You know,that one song you love on an album you hate.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 am

JUGULATOR always have been a bad JUDAS PRIEST album to me but this song is great:

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 am

I can see why people hate TURBO, sort of, but it is definitely not the worst JP album for sure.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am

I love TURBO, and SOMEWHERE IN TIME, DANGEROUS CHARM by SINNER, CHANGE OF ADDRESS by KROKUS, THE ULTIMATE SIN by OZZY etc...they all had those Synthesizer like on TURBO.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 pm

krokus wrote:
JUGULATOR always have been a bad JUDAS PRIEST album to me but this song is great:

Gotta agree with this one, though I also think "Bullet Train" is outstanding as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't feel that JUGULATOR is a bad Priest album, but DEMOLITION on the other hand... ugh. The only saving graces on that thing are "Machine Man" and "Bloodsuckers"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't feel that JUGULATOR is a bad Priest album, but DEMOLITION on the other hand... ugh. The only saving graces on that thing are "Machine Man" and "Bloodsuckers"

+ 1
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Reckless is the first song that came to mind. Cathedral Spires and Bullettrain are great as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:24 pm

i love I hear black. awesome overkill album. just like you is an excellent tune.
i don't actually mind jugulator.

If i had to pick a good song on a bad album it would be prince of darkness from megadeth's risk album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

'Let the Music Do The Talkin' and 'The Hop' off of Aerosmith's Done With Mirrors.

While I don't think it's an truely horrible album, it's way down on the list of albums I go to. Lotsa filler on that one, but these 2 tracks smoke.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Let the Music Do The Talkin' and 'The Hop' off of Aerosmith's Done With Mirrors.

While I don't think it's an truely horrible album, it's way down on the list of albums I go to. Lotsa filler on that one, but these 2 tracks smoke.

Yeah, that album hasn't aged well. I remember liking it a lot as a new release, but over the years my estimation of it has dropped. My fave song on it is actually the "bonus track" that was only on the cassette and CD version - "Darkness." Love, love, loooooove that song!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

I think that was the last Aerosmith album that I upgraded from cassette to cd. I was in no rush to do so until I found a copy in the used shop for 3 or 4 dollars.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

No love for this song?

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Gotta agree with this one, though I also think "Bullet Train" is outstanding as well.

Burn In Hell kicks ass also!

...other than those three tunes, the only other song I liked off "Jugulator" was Abductors.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 am

Ha, funny enough, the two songs that are often considered the greatest songs on "Jugulator", "Bullet Train" and "Cathedral Spires" I never got - I could just never get into them. There's really nothing that stands out, nothing that get's me hooked - there's a small hook in the chorus of "Cathedral Spires", but otherwise the song suffers from a songwriting standpoint - the verses are just generic words being sung, and it bores me - I never liked "Bullet Train" either - To me, the strongest tracks are "Blood Stained", "Burn In Hell" - basically the first half. The seconds half I mostly consider filler, which is why I think the strength of the album suffers. "Demolition" on the other hand, I find to be much more consistent.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Iron Maiden - Brave New World - The Wicker Man & The Mercenary
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark - The first song and the last song
Judas Priest - Point of Entry - Heading Out and Hot Rockin'
Overkill - I Hear Black - World of Hurt
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - I'm Broken and 5 Minutes Alone (I was thinking about selling the CD one time and then the next morning the latter started playing in my head Laughing)
Sacrifice - Apocalypse Inside - First two songs
Sepultura - Arise - The first song and the last song
Patti Smith Group - Not a big fan in general but "Because the Night" is a great song!
Styx - Again, not a big fan of the band in general but I really, really like "Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)" and "Come Sail Away"
Van Halen - Diver Down - Where Have All the Good Times Gone, Hang 'Em High, The Full Bug...OK, maybe it's not a bad album, just a mediocre one Very Happy
W.A.S.P. - The Last Command - Wild Child
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Quote :
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - I'm Broken and 5 Minutes Alone

Good call on that one. I'd substitute that Sabbath cover of 'Planet Caravan' for 'I'm Broken'. Other than those 2, this album is more of a space-holder in my collection.

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good songs on Bad albums.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next