Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on

Go down 
+22
Sabbath In Solitude
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
mc666
Leatherface
the sentinel
GrandNational
rattpoison
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
ensiferum2k
SAHB Healer
MetalRob331
akeldama
jstate
XYZ
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Schbopo
ultmetal
kmorg
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Empty
PostSubject: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Listening to Fates Warning's "Awaken The Guardian" album, and the song "Guardian" in particular it hit me, this song is unbelievably so much better than the rest of the album. Quite an achievement, considering how good this album is. But nontheless, "Guardian" is in a league of it's own.

Does anyone have other examples like this?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm

"Cathedral Spires" on Priest's Juglator CD. The CD isn't their best, but that song, along with "Bullet Train" rules!

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:14 pm

"Talk To Me" off KISS' Unmasked
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Quote :
Cathedral Spires" on Priest's Juglator CD

I love that song, it's epic and one of their best from any album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm

I totally disagree about "Guardian". That album is incredible and that song is one of my least favorite on there.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Frantic from St. Anger. I really do like that song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Babylon AD - Bang Go the Bells. Horrible album, great song.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Fates Warning - The Apparition. I love The Spectre Within but that song just stands above the rest of the album for me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:46 pm

B.O.C.-Burnin' For You. I don't like the rest of the album but that song kicks arse.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Snuff - Nick Northern off the album Demmamussabebonk ( that song has groove, melody, and killer hooks, the rest of the album is pretty much your mosh variety speed punk )

Korn - Good God off of Life is Peachy (that song could have easily been on there S/t debut)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:59 pm

I really like the song "Kiss of Death" off Sabbath's Forbidden album, but that album have some real duds on it too. (dud is an old word meaning "stinker").
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:05 pm

akeldama wrote:
B.O.C.-Burnin' For You. I don't like the rest of the album but that song kicks arse.

fainting Not even Joan Crawford or Psychic Wars?
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 pm

queensryche - empire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Deep Purple - Bad Attitude (from House Of Blue Light)

- great track, a couple other "ok" tracks...and the rest is badly over-produced filler, the sound of a band in complete meltdown.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I totally disagree about "Guardian". That album is incredible and that song is one of my least favorite on there.

I like the song, but I'm putting:

1. Prelude To Ruin
2. The Sorceress
3. Valley of the Dolls...

...and then The Guardian after those prime cuts.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm

xyz wrote:
Frantic from St. Anger. I really do like that song.

I was just going to post this. I couldn't agree more. Great song, and then there is a sizeable drop off after that.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:
akeldama wrote:

fainting Not even Joan Crawford or Psychic Wars?

Haha, I get asked that all the time, I don't know why I don't like the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:49 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Babylon AD - Bang Go the Bells. Horrible album, great song.

:kickbutt: There's lots of good music on that album!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Billy Thorpe - Children Of The Sun
The Kings - Switchin' To Glide/This Beat Goes On

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Quote :

Ugh...one of my top 5 "worst songs ever"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:

We have a winner!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

I love the title song but the rest of the album sucks.

By contrast, I like Thorpe's work with the Mick Fleetwood side project, The Zoo.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:

That was a pretty woeful AOR record for Billy......but remember no Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, means no AC/DC, Angels, Rose Tattoo et al.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Snuff - Nick Northern off the album Demmamussabebonk ( that song has groove, melody, and killer hooks, the rest of the album is pretty much your mosh variety speed punk )

Korn - Good God off of Life is Peachy (that song could have easily been on there S/t debut)

Wow! I actually have that Snuff album! I also have another one by them with some longass title about wholesale meat prices straight from the lockup. Talk about a band that creates unwieldy album titles...

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 pm

rattpoison wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That was a pretty woeful AOR record for Billy......but remember no Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, means no AC/DC, Angels, Rose Tattoo et al.

It's a song written, produced and geared directly at stoners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: