Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on

Go down 
+22
Sabbath In Solitude
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
mc666
Leatherface
the sentinel
GrandNational
rattpoison
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
ensiferum2k
SAHB Healer
MetalRob331
akeldama
jstate
XYZ
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Schbopo
ultmetal
kmorg
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Snuff - Nick Northern off the album Demmamussabebonk ( that song has groove, melody, and killer hooks, the rest of the album is pretty much your mosh variety speed punk )

Korn - Good God off of Life is Peachy (that song could have easily been on there S/t debut)

Wow! I actually have that Snuff album! I also have another one by them with some longass title about wholesale meat prices straight from the lockup. Talk about a band that creates unwieldy album titles...

What do you think of the album? There album titles are hilarious Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm thinking of "White Knucklin' the Rosary" by Tourniquet for Crawl to China. I've learned to appreciate and actually really like this album now, but I think this song is a cut above the rest.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Babylon AD - Bang Go the Bells. Horrible album, great song.

Echo.

I would add, Spread Eagle's "Switchblade Serenade" to the list. It's the only reason I own the album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 pm

kmorg wrote:
Listening to Fates Warning's "Awaken The Guardian" album, and the song "Guardian" in particular it hit me, this song is unbelievably so much better than the rest of the album. Quite an achievement, considering how good this album is. But nontheless, "Guardian" is in a league of it's own.

Does anyone have other examples like this?

That's my favorite FW album and favorite FW song right there!!! Very Happy

I do feel the same regarding Scorpions. Animal Magnetism is a good album, but The Zoo really stands out to me. The same goes for Blackout, which is far superior to AM, but China White has always stood out to me.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:23 pm

There are two songs on Wasp's The Last Command that I really like. Those being "Wildchild" and "The Widowmaker". The rest of the album was okay, but nothing special.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm

"Baluchitherium" off of Balance by Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 pm

When I think of songs that are better then the albums they are on, I think of albums I dont like.

Well here goes fellows.

Limp Bizkit - Almost Over (off of Results May Vary)
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff (Significant Other)
Limp Bizkit - Stuck ( # Dollar Bill Y'All)
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:18 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
When I think of songs that are better then the albums they are on, I think of albums I dont like.

Well here goes fellows.

Limp Bizkit - Stuck ( # Dollar Bill Y'All)

All these songs suck donkey balls. The only good think LB ever did was the the instrument "Everything" from 3DBY.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 am

Floodgate - Black With Sin, from Penalty.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 am

GrandNational wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Well here goes fellows.

Limp Bizkit - Stuck ( 3 Dollar Bill Y'All)

All these songs suck donkey balls. The only good think LB ever did was the the instrument "Everything" from 3DBY.

Although you might not like Bizkit they do have material I like. Sounds like you are basing your opinion on there name more then there songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

the sentinel wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Babylon AD - Bang Go the Bells. Horrible album, great song.

Echo.

I would add, Spread Eagle's "Switchblade Serenade" to the list. It's the only reason I own the album.

Well at least we're consistent.

I disagree with the Babylon selection and I disagree with Spread Eagle too.

Now if you want a crappy Spread Eagle album check out Open To The Public. That one's a turd.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:04 am

Schbopo wrote:
akeldama wrote:
B.O.C.-Burnin' For You. I don't like the rest of the album but that song kicks arse.

fainting Not even Joan Crawford or Psychic Wars?

I think the whole album is great and Burnin' for You is just an overplayed radio hit.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
akeldama wrote:
B.O.C.-Burnin' For You. I don't like the rest of the album but that song kicks arse.

fainting Not even Joan Crawford or Psychic Wars?

I think the whole album is great and Burnin' for You is just an overplayed radio hit.

gotta agree with ult, awesome album
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

I third ULT's opinion on the Blue Oyster Cult classic " Fire of an Unknown Origin" is a classic, as far as Limp Bizkit at best they are ok, but personally I feel they are border line suck. Their songs show as much imagination and creativity as the rain man after a three day crack binge.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:15 am

"Joan Crawford has risen... from the graaaaaaaave!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am

"Christiiiiiinaaaaaa!!!! Mother's hoooooomee."

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 am

manny wrote:
I third ULT's opinion on the Blue Oyster Cult classic " Fire of an Unknown Origin" is a classic, as far as Limp Bizkit at best they are ok, but personally I feel they are border line suck. Their songs show as much imagination and creativity as the rain man after a three day crack binge.

But saying every song from them sucks monkey balls is more a bash of who they are and really not caring about anything else. You don't have to be a fan but I wouldn't say I hate a band if I like some of there songs. The guys from Limp are all great musicians, I think they seem to get bashed on because of Fred Dursts style. Their are plenty of songs where he actually sings and doesn't sound bad. As far as the 3 i mentioned those albums i didnt care for too much, but those songs really stuck out to me on those albums.
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Some ,if they have heard it may disagree, but the song "Beast Of Damnation" from Wardog's Scorched Earth is what the whole album should have sounded like,great song IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:57 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Well here goes fellows.

Limp Bizkit - Stuck ( 3 Dollar Bill Y'All)

Although you might not like Bizkit they do have material I like. Sounds like you are basing your opinion on there name more then there songs.

No. Read what I wrote again. I have the first Bizkit album. I have met Fred Durst and he has been a really nice guy. He used to drop by a bar me and my buddy would go to sometimes and even gave us copies of the last album or e.p. they did without us even asking for it. I have nothing against the band and am not basing anything because of their name. In fact, I think if their bass player and drummer are great musicians . What I was saying is that the 3 songs you listed suck according to my taste.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Alright, but you pretty much said everything from them sucks and the only good thing they ever did was an instrumental.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Alright, but you pretty much said everything from them sucks and the only good thing they ever did was an instrumental.

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:24 pm

On the subject of Bizkit, I must be the only guy in the world that likes 'Results May Vary' more than anything else they've done. 'Unquestionable Truth Part I' is probably my second favourite, and Chocolate Starfish my least favourite, so I have high hopes for the next album.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Anyway, on topic, 'This City Has No Heart' by Faster Pu$$ycat is a good song on an otherwise boring album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Quote :
The Kings - Switchin' To Glide/This Beat Goes On

Haven't heard of this song for years. Probably 'cause we're old.

Radar Love-Rest of album was blah.

Lunatic Fringe-Only good song Red Rider ever did.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:45 am

Iron Maiden - "The Clansman" is an awesome track. And even though I find the album decent enough, I think this song shits all over it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that are way better then the albums they are on   Songs that are way better then the albums they are on - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that are way better then the albums they are on
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next