Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!

Go down 
+20
Lurideath
abiathar
T-Roy
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
MetalH
powermacho
candlemass
metalhead777
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
AchrisK
nevermore
kmorg
Troublezone
mc666
shamgar75
sam
ultmetal
GrandNational
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:08 pm

I received my copy today. I am number 48. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm

I have a soft sport for Scrolls but PMA is incredible also. Then Hammer Of God and I like Bloodworld a lot though many don't rate it as highly.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Good to hear. Looking forward to a new CD. Don't care much for the album title though.

"The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine"
ugh, no kidding. What a mouthful. surprised
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 pm

My CD copy arrived today.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
did it had a number? Hey scott, it's nice that steve had a ult patch on his denim 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 pm

powermacho wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
did it had a number? Hey scott, it's nice that steve had a ult patch on his denim 🤘

Thought that was cool too. 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 pm

How is this lp compared to the last one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:40 pm

candlemass wrote:
How is this lp compared to the last one?

Different. More like The Silver Chord. Less death and thrash metal. A bit more of a punk attitude IMO.

Metal novice
Metal novice
abiathar

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 am

Here's my take on the album...

Let me start by saying that TEADM is a break from the pattern of the last few albums. With Relentless we started to see Mortification allow some of their earlier influences to creep back into their sound. This continued with Brain Cleaner and finished with Erasing the Goblin. I guess this was Mortification's way of giving their old school fans a treat... Well let me just say that that particular chapter of the Morty journey is well and truly over and TEADM ushers in a brand new chapter.

I would best describe TEADM as a groove infused heavy metal album with some "old school" punk/hardcore influences, and a small dose of thrash thrown in. Steve certainly has the "punk" attitude of doing and saying whatever he wants. So maybe "punk" has influenced this album in more ways than one.

Compared to the Morty back catalogue i would place it perhaps between Silver Cord and Relentless... I get the feeling while listening to this album that Steve Rowe really wanted to get back to the basics of his vision for the band. It is also interesting to note that Steve has written all the music himself this time round.

So is it any good? In my opinion YES!!! As long as you are not expecting Scrolls part 2, or even Erasing part 2 for that matter, but take TEADM on its own merits, im sure most fans will find something to like...

As expected Mick Jelinic fires on all cylinders and deliveres two of his best guitar solo's yet- check out "Master of Reinention" and "Im not Confused". Adam Zaffarese returns to the fold and delivers a strong performance. I can notice a marked improvement in his playing. As usual Steve handles bass and vocals. Not surprisingly the bass is high up in the mix and noticeable is some fine bass work. A number of the songs start with a bass intro... As for the vocals, Steve continues to deliver his "unique" style of singing, nothing really new here. I think his singing suits the album fairly well. On some songs he sounds better than others, he fires up really powerfully on "Im not confused". Steve doesnt mix up the vocals as much this time round, gone are the more extreme styles that were occasionally present on recent releases. No grind baritone here!!

My favourite songs are "Im Not Confused" and "Piots Hanging..."

I would go as far as to say "Im Not Confused" is one of the better Mortification tracks of recent years. It has good vocals(IMO), a killer riff, pumping chorus, Adams best drumming, and a blistering red hot guitar solo from Mick. This would be a killer live track (hint hint Mr Rowe)

As for weaker tracks, in my opinion "One man with courage.." and "Pushing the Envelope" are less memorable than others. But still some nice moments to be found in these songs.

Overall, a decent album from the boys which see's them making a break from the last few albums. But having said that it is still a very Mortification sounding album. Not their best one, but still a very worthy album that more than holds its own. As previously mentioned, its different to "Erasing.." but i think in the long run i will find TEADM more enjoyable. 8/10
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:08 am

Right on! Thanks abiathar for the review. Welcome to the HoM board.

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:11 am

powermacho wrote:

The copies aren't numbered as far as I know. The "48" is the Rowe Productions catalog number.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Great review abiathar.

I received my copy on Monday and have been playing it non-stop. It is definitely very groove oriented and very enjoyable.

In short, Steve does a great job w/the bass and vocals, Mick continues to prove that he is the best Morty guitarist ever (especially with the solos), and Adam's drumming sounds great, much improved from TSCIS and Relentless.

Favorite tracks: The first 4 tracks and I'm not confused.

Overall grade: 8.5 out of 10

Rock on Mortification. listening to music
Back to top Go down
abiathar
Metal novice
Metal novice
abiathar

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Great to hear some positive feedback for the new Mort cd's. It has been getting trashed on other boards
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 pm

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. As expected, it didn't blow me away, but I thought it was a good melding of many of the past influences. I felt/heard the punk influence as well, which I thought was a welcome thing. I have a feeling this will be a grower, and the more I listen to it, the more I'll enjoy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
powermacho wrote:

The copies aren't numbered as far as I know. The "48" is the Rowe Productions catalog number.
I thought he was numbering the album.

I see the album as the silver of chord is served. I enjoyed silver of chord when I was a kid, so it was a nice surprise. I am getting another for my cousing which loves Silver of chord, and he is exited to get this album
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 am

Did anyone else pick this new Mortification CD up? I like it. They have moved in a different direction from the last couple CDs but they still sound like Morty!

It's available now at:
http://www.divinemetaldistro.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=1062

http://www.soundmass.com/show_item.php?item=5841

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
Did anyone else pick this new Mortification CD up? I like it. They have moved in a different direction from the last couple CDs but they still sound like Morty!

It's available now at:
http://www.divinemetaldistro.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=1062

http://www.soundmass.com/show_item.php?item=5841
I've listened to the samples on their myspace and didn't really care for what I heard. Mainly the vocals and dominant bass. Also, the snare drum annoys me allot just on two songs, LOL. Never cared for that style.

The Crucified is probably the only band I've ever liked that was a thrash/punk crossover. But....I say more power to them If that's what kind of music they felt like making. I don't think bands have to stay in one genre forever. I like the fact that Mort and LS have jumped around and experimented in other things. To be honest though I have only ever owned and listened to Mortifications s/t, Scrolls and PMA. I've never heard nor bought anything after that.

You think I should just stop whining and just get it and listen to it?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am

T-Roy wrote:

Absolutely! 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:47 am

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Absolutely! 🤘
FINE! New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 692390:
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 am

T-Roy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Absolutely! 🤘
FINE! New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 692390:

Support your Australian Heavy Metal Addiction Destroying Machine. headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 am

ugh...you're not helping! insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:34 pm

I also am not pleased with the vocals. I loved the last few albums even though many didn't like Relentless or Brain Cleaner. I'm still undecided if i'll pick this up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I also am not pleased with the vocals. I loved the last few albums even though many didn't like Relentless or Brain Cleaner. I'm still undecided if i'll pick this up.

I didn't like the vocals on the Myspace track either, but the album is good. The vocals sound better on the CD, if that's possible.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm

I spoke to the owner of Retroactive and Bombworks today and he thinks this is the best Mortification CD in a long time. Seems people either love it or hate it.

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I spoke to the owner of Retroactive and Bombworks today and he thinks this is the best Mortification CD in a long time. Seems people either love it or hate it.

I think it's the best since Relentless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next