Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
manny
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Empty
PostSubject: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 pm

http://www.johnnorum.se/

Surprising how much I like this, sounds like classic rock to me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 am

Good indeed. Europe are still delivering the goods headbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 am

I heard one song, thanks to the video the lads filmed for Bag of Bones and it was very good, a more classic rock sound then the Final Countdown sound of the 80's
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 am

manny wrote:
I heard one song, thanks to the video the lads filmed for Bag of Bones and it was very good, a more classic rock sound then the Final Countdown sound of the 80's

That pretty much describes the whole album
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 am

Sleazeroxx likes this one:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/europe/bagofbones.shtml

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Good for them. What do you think? Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. 472591
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't have it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Loser! Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. 11840
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 am

Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. 83628 Bump to challenge some of you to listen to this. I think many will be surprised, it's nothing like TFC.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. 83628 Bump to challenge some of you to listen to this. I think many will be surprised, it's nothing like TFC.

Already have it - pretty good album
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Were you caught off guard by it, albums rarely do that but i've found their recent stuff boring and this is good.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Were you caught off guard by it, albums rarely do that but i've found their recent stuff boring and this is good.

Not really - I hadn't listened to much of their newer albums. I picked this one up because of the hype and the fact that I liked the early clips. It actually makes me want to explore more of the discography outside of this one and The Final Frontier
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:49 pm

I still like the first couple best.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah, the first two are terrific albums.
Back to top Go down
slipkid
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 pm

I hate The Final Countdown, & the wimpy "poofmetal" that Europe used to put out, but this new album - as well as all of the recent albums they've released since their reunion a few years ago - is fan-effin-tastic!

Metal/hardrock with killer guitar, great melodies, great singer etc.

John Norum left after Final Coundown since he didn't like the wimp factor & I guess a condition for him to return was to play straight classic rock/hard rock/metal.

I love this new record so much that I've gone back and bought EVERY Europe record I can get - including TFC. The new live stuff is also great, they've even given that song a heavy edge it never had.

This record is probably my favorite album of the year so far, and that includes the new Rush, UFO, The Cult, '77, Golden Earring, Joe Walsh, Joe Bonamassa, Van Halen, and a couple others I can't recall now.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 pm

I don't like it. I much prefer their first five albums, in fact I love those albums. I can't stand this boring style of hard rock they now play. If it come on the radio I wouldn't turn it off, but I just don't think it's that catchy if I'm honest.

I'm sorry but I think H.e.a.t. have stolen Europe's magic. They're doing what Europe did 25 years ago and should be doing today.
Back to top Go down
slipkid
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

snooloui wrote:
I don't like it. I much prefer their first five albums, in fact I love those albums. I can't stand this boring style of hard rock they now play. If it come on the radio I wouldn't turn it off, but I just don't think it's that catchy if I'm honest.

I'm sorry but I think H.e.a.t. have stolen Europe's magic. They're doing what Europe did 25 years ago and should be doing today.

Hey that's cool, I respect your opinion. The early style is just not my cup of tea. I like more straight ahead hard rock like these last 4 albums.

One thing we definitely can agree on is that they have really changed their sound right? They don't make music like they used to IMO. Even the old stuff done live now has a much harder edge, more guitar based.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Agreed. The keyboards have been toned down and they've gone for a much more classic rock vibe. I suppose every band changes over time and you can't like everything they put out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.   Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europe's new album-Bag of Bones samples.
Page 1 of 1