Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Mortification Album

Go down 
+15
DallasBlack
Invader
AchrisK
stepcousin
GrandNational
MetalH
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
TH Joe
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Favorite Mortification Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:42 am

What's your favorite Mortification album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:51 am

Scrolls dude... no contest. Post Momentary Affliction is a runner up.

TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:57 am

Yeah. I'd have to go with Scrolls and Post Momentary, too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:05 am

Scrolls is good but I like their self-titled just a little better.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:58 am

Scrolls and Post

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 am

Scrolls
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 8:57 am

Scrolls, Break The Curse, EnVision, and Erasing The Goblin. In all honesty, I like 95% of their stuff, however, until they go too far into the death/grind stuff.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 9:24 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Scrolls, Break The Curse, EnVision, and Erasing The Goblin. In all honesty, I like 95% of their stuff, however, until they go too far into the death/grind stuff.
Scrolls is a death metal album. Favorite Mortification Album 927150

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 10:37 am

Scrolls Of The Megilloth

After that, it's probably the S/T album and then Post Momentary Affliction.

I like all of their albums to varying degrees. As "meh" as The Silver Cord... was overall, it still had a couple of pretty good tunes on it amongst the chaff.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 10:59 am

Scrolls and Post are great 1 and 1A. Coming close are S/T and Erasing the Goblin.

I, too, like most of their stuff (not Silver Chord or Brain Cleaner0). I haven't heard Relentless...what is it like??
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:47 pm

TIE: Post Momentary Affliction/EnVision EvAngeline

The only Morty CD I really don't like is "Silver Chord". It has a song
or two I dig, but overall, it just does't do much for me.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:57 pm

Yes, Scrolls is death metal, but not in the sense of "Gee, I wonder what in the world the guy is growling about since I can't make out a single word..." type of death metal, i.e. Broken Hope or such bands.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:44 pm

S/T and Scrolls. Satan's Doom is my favorite song. I don't really like any of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Scrolls for sure. Hey Scott, I've grown to actually appreciate SilverCord. It's nowhere in league with Scrolls/PMA/EnVision, but I think it's better than say Triumph of Mercy or Hammer of God, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Scrolls and s/t are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 3:10 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie

I agree, I like about 98% of their stuff, my faves are the thrash metal stuff like Erasing, Envision, PMA, Bloodworld, Hammer. I like different albums by them for different reasons. I love the speed on their first couple albums but I hate the guitar sound, I love the production on Hammer and Envision but they dont play thrash/speed enough so Ive got many reasons to like different stuff by them. Im not locked into one certain style of metal; been there, done that.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:50 am

Mort really hasn't put out a bad CD yet. Silver Cord was kinda lame. But it still had a couple cool songs on it. Of the later albums, I'd have to say Envision, Hammer, and Relentless are my faves. Mort is AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:10 am

to me, about 60% of their catalog is pretty weak. the band cannot decide on a direction, even for just one album. mostly just a hodge-podge of styles & influences that just leave me wandering.

Break The Curse through "Post" are the only albums i like from start to finish. i like the bulk of "Blood" & "Primative", with only a few songs on those two that just don't do it for me at all.

i only liked 3 songs on "Envision", 4 on "Triumph", 4 on "Hammer", none on "Silver", none on Relentless, 3 on "Brain".

i happened to like the bulk of "Erasing" through...

i really don't like when they try to do traditional metal stuff, or pompous stuff like the 8 part Envision. Rowe just doesn't have that kind of voice to pull it off & the compositions are extremely boring.

TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 am

Yeah, Dude. Check out "Erasing the Goblin" it's a little more brutal than the last few CDs. Definately no Scrolls, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:34 am

TH Joe wrote:
Yeah, Dude. Check out "Erasing the Goblin" it's a little more brutal than the last few CDs. Definately no Scrolls, though.
yeah like i said...i like the bulk of that one. it's their best since Post.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 am

Scrolls
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 12:51 pm

I haven't heard all of their albums, but from the albums I have heard from them. I like Scrolls the most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 10:43 pm

I have just recently discovered this band. (I know, sad isn't it? Smile ) But so far, I like Post Momentary and the first album. Brutal Warfare is my fav song so far. I don't understand the hype with Scrolls, the guitar sound is so weak on that one, methinks, but I still dig it. Looking forward to getting all the others I have ordered (all but Brain Cleaner and Erasing).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 4:51 am

mc666 wrote:
Scrolls dude... no contest. Post Momentary Affliction is a runner up.

ditto

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:35 am

EnVision EvAngeline mostly for the emotional title track. Apart from that I'd say a tie between Scrolls and the self-titled album because it was my first (actually stole it from a Wal-Mart in '96 and didn't realize they were Christian it until I opened it). I purchased Scrolls a year later even though I wasn't a Christian at the time (my dad did not let me listen to most secular death metal, mostly because of the bloody artwork).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mortification Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next