Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!

Go down 
+20
Lurideath
abiathar
T-Roy
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
MetalH
powermacho
candlemass
metalhead777
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
AchrisK
nevermore
kmorg
Troublezone
mc666
shamgar75
sam
ultmetal
GrandNational
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Empty
PostSubject: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:20 pm

In Mortification
recording news, all the bass and vocal parts have been completed.
Drums, guitars and mix will be completed next month. The new
Mortification album will be called "The Evil Addiction Destroying
Machine". Look out for an initial release through us here at Rowe
Productions in June. CDs will be available from Rowe Productions
through the soundmass.com webstore.

Dave Kilgallon has been
busy in Perth with personal commitments and recording the new Scourged
Flesh and Grave Forsaken albums. I have heard both albums and they are
killer releases! Dave will not be joining Mortification on the drum kit
with personal, employment and band commitments in Perth being so huge
right now. Do yourselves a favor and check out the new Scourged Flesh
and Grave Forsaken albums when they come out soon on Soundmass.

Recently I went and saw
Adam Zaffarese play in his rock band The Greeting Method. I asked Adam
if he wanted to play on the new Mortification album and he said "Yes".
Adam played on "The Silver Cord is Severed" in 2001 and toured the
world with Lincoln Bowen and myself that same year. He was just 16 at
the time. Adam also played on the 2002 Mortification release
"Relentless". Adam is now 24 and has decided to rejoin Mick Jelinic and
myself in Mort. Currently we are working through rehersing the songs
with Adam, who is a very established player these days... and so the
Mortification Machine lives on!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Good to hear. Looking forward to a new CD. Don't care much for the album title though.

"The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Good to hear. Looking forward to a new CD. Don't care much for the album title though.

"The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine"

Ya, I'm with you Ult on the title. Just as bad as Erasing the Goblin. Glad to see that Adam is back behind the kit, although I did want to hear how David would have sounded with Mort.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:37 pm

awesome, as a newbie to this band I can't get enough! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm

It's good to see Adam rejoin Mort again - his drumming style was unique from previous Mort drummers. I did want to hear the new drummer though - oh well.

I with everyone on the title - not the greatest of titles for sure.

Hey, someone should start a thread called the worst album titles ever.

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! 337331
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:36 am

haha what a dumb title. i hope this albums is at least as good as the last one. i wish they'd go heavier again though.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:14 am

mc666 wrote:
haha what a dumb title. i hope this albums is at least as good as the last one. i wish they'd go heavier again though.

According to the rest of the post on their website, the vocals are more heavier. I want to hear a cross between the last album and Post Momentary Affliction and a bit of Scrolls thrown in. I have a feeling it will be heavier.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:17 am

I like Mort but i don't like how the lyrics have been getting more simple or dorky compared to the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:35 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

According to the rest of the post on their website, the vocals are more heavier. I want to hear a cross between the last album and Post Momentary Affliction and a bit of Scrolls thrown in. I have a feeling it will be heavier.
just as you want it...that sounds damn fine to me.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
I like Mort but i don't like how the lyrics have been getting more simple or dorky compared to the early stuff.

I think Jayson Sherlock had the gift for the deeper lyrics on the early albums. Steve probably writes the simple lyrics on purpose, but I got to agree, it does get cheesy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:02 am

It will be mine.................., oh yes, it will be mine!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:48 am

I'd like to hear some new Mortification. I enjoyed the last record quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am

The title sounds much better than Erasing the Goblin, but it's still a bit wordy. Steve Rowe seems to have a knack for wanting to say what he wants to say in as many or few words as it takes, without much thought given to the artistic aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 am

Awesome!! I agree the title is dumb and I want it to be at least as heavy as the last one (which I think is excellent).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:01 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I think Jayson Sherlock had the gift for the deeper lyrics on the early albums. Steve probably writes the simple lyrics on purpose, but I got to agree, it does get cheesy sometimes.

I agree that Sherlock and Carlisle had the more brutal lyrics.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm a little far behind on Mort discs but once I catch up I will get this one (if anything, to support Steve financially).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Quote :
I want to hear a cross between the last album and Post Momentary Affliction and a bit of Scrolls thrown in. I have a feeling it will be heavier.

Add me to this list.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 pm

yay the death/thrash metal godz are back!!you never know whats to come from mortification will it be brutal death metal or addictive thrash?who knows until the CDs out! this is as big to me as impelliteri,s wicked maiden or believer,s gabriel(witch i pre-ordered with a tee shirt)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:34 am

Received an email from Steve Rowe last night:
Quote :

Hey Scott,

just on short Easter break but the new Ultimatum Album cover looks AWESOME! It is great to see such amazing Old School imagery. Good that the L looks more an L than an S in the new version. Both Versions are great!

New Mort is finished. Samples of two thirds of 2 songs on www.roweproductions.com next week.

Contact soon.

Blessings

Steve.

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:39 am

Good news. I finally got off my duff and preordered that.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I believe Steve wrote most of those lyrics back then as well, I think his bout w/cancer may have affected his songwritting. It's rather amazing he is making music at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 pm

New CD's pre-ordered already. Looking forward to the CD happy
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:25 am

I have been pleased on the albums that this young drummer has been, so I expect it to be better than the last 2 albums
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 am

candlemass wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I believe Steve wrote most of those lyrics back then as well, I think his bout w/cancer may have affected his songwritting. It's rather amazing he is making music at all!

Cancer did not affect Steve's writing. It's just that Jayson was a better lyricist.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 am

The last new Mort album I heard was The Silver Chord Is Severed. Are the last few releases pretty good? Maybe I should check them out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!   New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mortification Album 2009 - Sound samples up now!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next