Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female fronted metal bands

Go down 
+16
Stender
DallasBlack
GrandNational
Schbopo
romeolimagolf
MetalRob331
mc666
manny
MetalGuy71
Rex
ultmetal
sam
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Female fronted metal bands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

I probably said this a long time ago in another thread about female bands but I dont think Gilbert was around then. Back when my band started out with had a male vocalist and when we were looking for his replacement we were looking for another male singer. We ended up trying out the girl who is our singer now and it ended up working. It was a little rough at first because most of the songs are more masculine than femanine but we made it work. We never set out to look for a female singer because at that time it wasnt a big thing. We were just lucky to find the right person for the job and it happend to be a girl.

I think when a female fronted band start to take things a little too far is when they feature them on the album covers and make them the focal point of the band when it shouldnt be about that it should be about the music and thats where a lot of bands fail. They have a hot singer but their music is god aweful. Bands should always be about the music and as a band as a unit and not just one person, because thats where problems start.

Now I would like to know what you think of my band Gilbert. Let me know.

Female fronted metal bands
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3