Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?

Go down 
+20
the sentinel
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
fingers
tohostudios
powermacho
Chairman_Smith
XYZ
sam
Fat Freddy
manny
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
mc666
80smetalrocks
MetalRob331
Schbopo
GrandNational
Stender
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
[
lol!

And to think I used to hate you.

lol! dude, get a life Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Last edited by fingers on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:55 pm

fingers wrote:

lol! dude, get a life Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

I had a life once. They're overrated.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:10 pm

What the heck is that avatar Schlomo?

I have so many comments to make but most of them would get deleted.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:37 pm

It's not wrong (or right) to dislike anything. It's your right to choose whatever you want to listen to. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What the heck is that avatar Schlomo?

I have so many comments to make but most of them would get deleted.

It's Dale getting spanked by Foxglove. You need to watch Rescue Rangers.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:11 pm

To me, Slipknot's song writing skills are still developing. I think they will, over time, get better.

You have to give them props, though. It's pretty hard to keep a band together for ten years. They've done that, and they have nine members. Wolfmother had three members, and they could stay together for two years.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:13 pm

xyz wrote:

You have to give them props, though. It's pretty hard to keep a band together for ten years. They've done that, and they have nine members. Wolfmother had three members, and they could stay together for two years.

True, but Wolfmother was actually good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Like what you like, dislike what you dislike. However, for me Slipknot is just too boring and repetitive for me to be a fan. I don't begrudge them the fame they have and I'm happy for them but I do believe they should be banned from being on the cover of another magazine for a while (it seems that they are featured on at least one music magazine cover a month-usually Hit Parader).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

xyz wrote:
To me, Slipknot's song writing skills are still developing. I think they will, over time, get better.

yes, that psychosocial song gave me hope for decent music
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:35 pm

sam wrote:

I'm quite the opposite. I liked a few of their early songs, like "Duality" and such, and now I think they sound pretty boring and uninspired. It's cool that they added some guitar solos, but they're incredibly bland. Like I said before, the bridge before the chorus in that song is cool, as Corey is actually singing instead of growling, but other than that, I find nothing interesting in the song.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Corey's a pretty dynamic singer. Stuff like "Prosthetics", "Scissors", and "Iowa" (to a lesser extent) show that he is a very talented singer.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Schbopo wrote:
sam wrote:

I'm quite the opposite. I liked a few of their early songs, like "Duality" and such, and now I think they sound pretty boring and uninspired. It's cool that they added some guitar solos, but they're incredibly bland. Like I said before, the bridge before the chorus in that song is cool, as Corey is actually singing instead of growling, but other than that, I find nothing interesting in the song.

I can not stand duality, and your right the solos are not anything special. they seem to just be random pointless shredding with little to no direction.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Precisely. Random pointles shredding is Slayer's job!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Precisely. Random pointles shredding is Slayer's job!

at least they offered something though. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I've seen them live twice, they put on a heck of a show. I don't find myself listening to their CDs too much but you can really get into their live shows. I'm going to see them again in early March, looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:23 am

xyz wrote:
Corey's a pretty dynamic singer. Stuff like "Prosthetics", "Scissors", and "Iowa" (to a lesser extent) show that he is a very talented singer.
I think Corey has a fantastic voice. He would be killer in a more traditional metal band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:17 pm

got the new knot album for christmas. only just listened to it and its alright not blowing me away or anything but more consistent across an entire album than iowa was
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am

think whatever you want about them. I have never heard them besides one year I was working the stage crew at on Ozzfest. I thought it was pretty comical stuff. Not sure if thats the point or not but it was just hilarious to me. It wasn't metal to me but they do seem to be quite popular to the under 21 crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3