Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?

Go down 
+20
the sentinel
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
fingers
tohostudios
powermacho
Chairman_Smith
XYZ
sam
Fat Freddy
manny
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
mc666
80smetalrocks
MetalRob331
Schbopo
GrandNational
Stender
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Empty
PostSubject: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:48 am

Slipknot have been around for many years now. Millions swear by them as true metal warriors. Magz have features about the band. Therefore, i tried to appreciate them: i got the albums, gave them many spins...But despite my constant efforts, their music didn't seem to pass...Could it be me? Or is it that their music is not that enjoyable after all.

Ah! One more thing. Why those stupid masks? It makes me sick seeing one of their members wearing a disfigured mask of Jesus Christ. Those guys are obviously sick and twisted... But hey, it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:50 am

I personally can't stand em, but its always your own perrogotive to like or not like a band.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:06 am

Never been into them. Never owned any of their albums. On this board, I think most of the people would feel it's right not to like Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:31 am

I think they blow. It's totally fine not to like them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:04 am

I just read an article that has one of the percussionists from Slipknot saying they are going to be bigger then Metallica. I like Coreys vocals especially in Stone Sour but other then a few songs here and there I really look elsewhere for music.
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 am

I hate um also.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I just read an article that has one of the percussionists from Slipknot saying they are going to be bigger then Metallica. I like Coreys vocals especially in Stone Sour but other then a few songs here and there I really look elsewhere for music.

One of the biggest things I dislike about Slipknot is that the dude can really sing! But of course he just uses his dumb growly voice most of the time. If Slipknot sounded like that bridge before the chorus of "Psychosocial", then I'd probably like them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:31 am

who said it was wrong to like or not like anything?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:19 am

Never had a desire to buy one of their albums so i guess i don't like them to much besides a few scattered songs here and there.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 am

crap band as can be ... do they really need 9 members ? wth ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:58 am

Funny thing: 9 members. Never knew a metal band could require that many members. By the way, one of the members is a DJ Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 am

I personally like Slipknot but I feel they are way overrated and not once can you hear the DJ in any of their songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:12 am

If not liking Slipknot is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 am

mc666 wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 am

detuned wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Agreed.

third Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:06 pm

What's a dj got to do in the band?? surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:
What's a dj got to do in the band?? surprised

Collect royalty checks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? 647664
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I just read an article that has one of the percussionists from Slipknot saying they are going to be bigger then Metallica.

I don't care how big you are now, but you will NEVER be as big as Metallica. No one ever will be (in terms of metal music). I do like their aggressive style and their uniqueness; however, I don't think they're "da Sh*t."
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:53 pm

I've tried, and I like a few of their songs but it just doesn't appeal to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
Maybe this is the easy way to start a Slipknot bashing thread. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:04 pm

on the late 90's they got very popular on my are, I got a CDR before buying an original copy, and I ended up trading it. Their music is very boring and repetitive, not to mention their mainsteam sound :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

powermacho wrote:
on the late 90's they got very popular on my are, I got a CDR before buying an original copy, and I ended up trading it. Their music is very boring and repetitive, not to mention their mainsteam sound :eyesore:

I never thought Slipknot had a mainstream sound?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I never thought Slipknot had a mainstream sound.

On some of their later stuff, I could hear a more mainstream sound; however, they are still too extreme to be classified as completely mainstream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:54 pm

I think they're too big for their own good. Too many people and ideas create mud. When Slipknot is on, they're a pretty amazing band. My opinion, of course. Unfortunately their amazing moments are outweighed by the not-so-amazing moments. They're often too cluttered and unfocused. That's why I think Stone Sour is so much better. There's a focus there that's not always present in Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next