Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?

Go down 
+20
the sentinel
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
fingers
tohostudios
powermacho
Chairman_Smith
XYZ
sam
Fat Freddy
manny
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
mc666
80smetalrocks
MetalRob331
Schbopo
GrandNational
Stender
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:58 pm

It's never right or wrong to like or dislike a band IMO. You like what you like. There is no right or wrong.

Personally, I can't stand this band but that doesn't mean those who like them are wrong; we just have differing opinions.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Slipknot have been around for many years now. Millions swear by them as true metal warriors. Magz have features about the band. Therefore, i tried to appreciate them: i got the albums, gave them many spins...But despite my constant efforts, their music didn't seem to pass...Could it be me? Or is it that their music is not that enjoyable after all.

Ah! One more thing. Why those stupid masks? It makes me sick seeing one of their members wearing a disfigured mask of Jesus Christ. Those guys are obviously sick and twisted... But hey, it's just my opinion.

Slipknob are a completely overrated nu metal band and aimed at people who are about to top themselves and who are full on misantropes. Even though there is nothing really emo about them I have a feeling theyd attract a huge abundance of emos like cmon listen to songs like "Wait and Bleed" that would be an ideal song for an emo to listen whilst he/she is slashing their wrists Laughing very hard

But despite that they are not in the bottom heap of the nu metal subgenre and there has been alot of hype that they a have a really good drummer but it could be all wrong of course. They have 1 or 2 good songs of that vol 4 album and I have heard a few songs of their latest album and they are ok but very bland (theyve got guitar solos beleive it or not). They are way more talented than their trashy F grade nu metal contempories like Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Limp Bizcrap, The Deftones, Drowning Pool, POD and are slightly better than Distrubed and Godsmack but no way as talented as their A grade contempories like System of A Down, Sevendust, KoRn (well not all their stuff is great they only released 3 decent albums s/t,FTL and TALITM and their latest albums are turkeys) and the awe inspiring Rob Zombie.

Last edited by fingers on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

He was once not now but listen to his trashy album Devil Without a Cause which made him famous its got nu metal written all over it and he was one of the first musicians to mis rap and rock together even though it sounds horrible. But these days he is more focused on being a Lynyrd Synyrd wannabe
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Devil Without A Cause is not nu-metal; it's rap-metal fusion.

There's a huge difference between that sound and the sound of the other bands you cited l

Do you consider Rage Against The Machine nu-metal too?

Nu-metal to me is stuff like Slipknot, Trivium, Shadows Fall, etc. Rap/metal fusion is it's own genre IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Well maybe not completely but the label has been used on him. Rage Against The Machine are not nu metal but a blue print nu metal band because alot of countless nu metal bands were highly influenced by them. Trivium and Shadows Fall are NOT nu metal in anyway possible. Trivium would be emo metal/metalcore and Shadows Fall would be thrash metal with metalcore mixed in
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:28 pm

OK, obviously we just differ on genre definition.

Regardless, back to the original question, I don't think it's "wrong" to like what you like and dislike what you dislike; it's all about musical tastes and therefore totally subjective.

Heck, there are some revered metal bands that I just don't like (*Motorhead* cough, cough). That doesn't make me right and everyone else wrong or vice versa. It just means we have different musical tastes.

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:37 pm

fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

He was once not now but listen to his trashy album Devil Without a Cause which made him famous its got nu metal written all over it and he was one of the first musicians to mis rap and rock together even though it sounds horrible. But these days he is more focused on being a Lynyrd Synyrd wannabe
You really have no idea what you're talking about. On any subject.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

Me or fingers?

I like to think I have some idea what I'm talking about most of the time...

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

Me or fingers?

I like to think I have some idea what I'm talking about most of the time...
Fingers.

I apologize if that sounds mean, but it's like me saying the sky is green...when I'm blind.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

Dude say what you like. I really don't care. I can really see you are a true metal fan since you are a fan of Limp Bizcrap, Trivium and Nirvana Laughing very hard The only thing that I could of said that was wrong what I said about Kid Rock being one of the first people to mix rap and rock.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:49 pm

fingers wrote:
Slipknot are a completely overrated nu metal band

Do people really still think Slipknot is nu metal?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

They are to me.

But I admit that I tend to lump newer bands I don't like into the same bucket.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm

fingers wrote:

Dude say what you like. I really don't care. I can really see you are a true metal fan since you are a fan of Limp Bizcrap, Trivium and Nirvana Laughing very hard The only thing that I could of said that was wrong what I said about Kid Rock being one of the first people to mix rap and rock.

Gee, do I detect a hint of sarcasm? Liking those bands makes him not a metal fan? Why? Trivium is a metal band, Limp Bizkit, although I hate them, is also. How does anyone liking certain groups make their opinions any less meaningful? I love Nirvana, so I guess I'm not a "true" metal fan.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I was readin' on a metlz forum teh ohter dayz, n I was told that I cudnt be metlz if I like teh slipnotz. Thats the way I know notz to likes dem, cuz some forum toldz me I cudnt.

Just kidding. I have never seen anything in Slipknot though. Just chaos for chaos's sake doesn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 pm

fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

True metal fan? I have never made such a silly claim.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 pm

What is a true metal fan anyway? If someone likes Nirvana they can't like (name whoever you consider a true metal band) ?

Is there a rule book what makes someone a real metalhead and if there is where can I find it?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:44 pm

manny wrote:
What is a true metal fan anyway?
Is there a rule book what makes someone a real metalhead and if there is where can I find it?

Apparently, Fingers. Rolling Eyes

Judging by Fingers, I'd assume his guidelines would look something like this:

1. Slipknot sucks ass
2. Nirvana sucks ass
3. Trivium is rap music
4. Kid Rock has no penis
5. Correct punctuation is for pussies.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Schbopo wrote:
manny wrote:

1. Slipknot sucks ass
2. Nirvana sucks ass
3. Trivium is rap music
4. Kid Rock has no penis

Laughing very hard

Schkoop rules!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:12 pm

I'd like to find the first person that coined the phrase "nu metal"...and slap 'em silly.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Just because you like a band that is widely disliked, like bands that arent metal, like bands that are popular, does not make you less of a metalhead. A metalhead is someone who will most likely go back metal at the end of the day and prefers metal music to other genres. Liking bands outside of the metal genre doesnt make you any less of a metalhead, all it makes you is a music fan.

Whoever came up with the term "TRUE" or "REAL" metalhead is really clueless.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Just because you like a band that is widely disliked, like bands that arent metal, like bands that are popular, does not make you less of a metalhead. A metalhead is someone who will most likely go back metal at the end of the day and prefers metal music to other genres. Liking bands outside of the metal genre doesnt make you any less of a metalhead, all it makes you is a music fan.

Whoever came up with the term "TRUE" or "REAL" metalhead is really clueless.
It is well said(written). There is no such thing as a true metal fan. There is just the people that is really into metal, and the people that just like certain bands of metal and that is it.

I don't konw if A PECFECT CIRCLE is nu-metal, but i have their secon cd and I loved it. And it doesn't make feel ashamed of it 🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
It's never right or wrong to like or dislike a band IMO. You like what you like. There is no right or wrong.

Personally, I can't stand this band but that doesn't mean those who like them are wrong; we just have differing opinions.

Agreed on all accounts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm

fingers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kid Rock is nu-metal???

scratch

Wow, theres alot of ways to be wrong, but damn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Schbopo wrote:
manny wrote:

1. Slipknot sucks ass
2. Nirvana sucks ass
3. Trivium is rap music
4. Kid Rock has no penis
lol!

And to think I used to hate you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?   Is it wrong not to like Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong not to like Slipknot?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next