Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Svengo wrote:
The Creature From The Black Lagoon

A classic and fun movie. Smile

Classic movie! Plus as a bonus...

Julie Adams! YOWZAH!!!!

Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Julieadams13
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 am

I liked the first Creature movie but not the sequels.

My favorite part of that movie is the music that plays every time the creature is on screen.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
I saw "Up" today. It was really good.

That's getting outstanding reviews.

I took my kids to see it on Saturday - AMAZING movie!!! It was really, really great! We saw it in in the "digital 3-D". This will be a must buy on Blu-Ray - my kids loved it too. Of course, I love all of the Pixar movies - The Incredibles is my favorite. But, Up is a must-see in the theater.

Dallas Black - I know you love the animated movies, check this one you, you will love it.

It's on my to do list. Ever since I saw the preview with that dog (Squirrel!!), I knew it was one for me to go see. Pixar kicks arse 🤘 !
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:41 am

Just saw Sam Raimi's "Drag Me to Hell" and it was definately a spooky scream fest! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 am

I ended up seeing Terminator:Salvation again last night (one of my friends hadn't seen it and invited me along). I'm changing my earlier (rather low) opinion of the film...for whatever reason I enjoyed it much more the second time around. I guess I just wasn't in the right frame of mind the first time I saw it.

Maybe not a "classic", but definitely above average for summer movie fare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 pm

The Goddess of 1967 - haunting and fascinating independent film set in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 pm

I watched Gran Torino tonight. Superb movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Hot Fuzz. I love the Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost collaborations because they prove the theory that the best parodies are the ones that done with knowledge and love for the subject being poked at. This is funny if you just watch it cold, but it gets even funnier if you really know all those old cop movies.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Saw Mindhunters last night. Now I know why Renny Harlin, Val Kilmer and Christian Slater all have lost their carreers.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Only one of the coolest movies EVER!

Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Roadhouse

Thanks, Walmart and your $4 DVD bin!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Best...movie....EVER.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Jeff Healey ftw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Road House is awesome. That movie is about as 80's as you can get. Remember Next Of Kin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:31 pm

detuned wrote:
Road House is awesome. That movie is about as 80's as you can get. Remember Next Of Kin?

Oh hell yeah. I like to watch them back 2 back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:43 am

"Beer For My Horses" - a redneck buddy cop comedy starring country singer Toby Keith and country comedian Rodney Carrington. They play sheriff's deputies who tangle with a meth ring in the heartland. I've seen better but I've also seen lots worse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Beer For My Horses" - a redneck buddy cop comedy starring country singer Toby Keith and country comedian Rodney Carrington. They play sheriff's deputies who tangle with a meth ring in the heartland. I've seen better but I've also seen lots worse.

That's the one with Ted Nugent in it, right?

Ted nonewithstanding, I think I'd rather hammer knitting needles through my sack before I'd sit through that. Wasn't there anything else on tv that night? Color bars or test patterns? Something? Lifetime Movie of the Week?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's the one with Ted Nugent in it, right?

Yea, Ted's in it... and in what I guess was supposed to be an example of "ironic" casting, his character never speaks (except for two words at the end). Get it? Because Ted Nugent's a motormouth in real life! HAHA! Yea, that's about as innovative as this movie got.

Quote :
Ted nonewithstanding, I think I'd rather hammer knitting needles
through my sack before I'd sit through that. Wasn't there anything else
on tv that night? Color bars or test patterns? Something? Lifetime
Movie of the Week?

Remember who you're talking to here. I'm the guy with the "Howard The Duck" fetish. I willingly sat thru Vanilla Ice's "Cool As Ice" a while back. Half of the movies in my DVD collection came from the Just-A-Buck dollar store. Does that sound like I have good taste in movies?? Laughing

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 pm

I thought that deliverance was good god im hooked on it,
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:31 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Oh hell yeah. I like to watch them back 2 back. Smile

What the hell might as well have a Swayze night and throw in Red Dawn and the Outsiders. Road House rules!

What if someone calls my mother a smurf-for-hire? Swayze: Well... is she? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Is it wrong to get goose bumps when Sam Elliot fights in this movie? Shocked
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

SAM ELLIOT, FTW!!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am

Urban Evil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 am

Watched the B&W version of "The Mist" (from the 2 DVD set), this version is SO much better than the color version released in the theater. The director intended for the film to be released in B&W but the movie studio said no. This way it has the feel of a 60's underground horror movie like Night Of The Living Dead, the B&W adding to the "otherworldly" aspect of the story. Also, the special effects work better in B&W as well.

The ending of this movie is still one of the darkest I've ever seen...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:40 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Sam Elliott is a bad ass i this movie! My girlfriend even wanted me to wear my hair like his when i had long hair. Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am

Land Of The Lost

Typical Will Ferrell fare. It was OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next