Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:49 am

Ask the Dust
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I have a pirated copy of Grand Turino that a co-worker of my mom's gave her but have yet to watch it. Being a semi constant wrestling fan since just after WM6 (during my Navy days, most of what went on I read in magazines and when I was on my six month deployments, some friends of mine sent me Raw and PPV results) I am very interested in seeing The Wrestler. However, none of the theaters in my area is showing it so I have to wait for the video release Sad .

I saw the Wrestler and Gran Turino on a pirate copy. The wrestler I downloaded online somewhere. It came out great! Gran Turino my gf's parents got from somewhere.

I recently got the Best Of WWF Saturday Night Main Event DVD. Its pretty good. I only watched DVD 1 and DVD 2. One of these days i'll get to watch the 3rd one. You probably wont like it though because Hulk Hogan is on most of it. Im not a huge fan of Hogan either. He was a good talker and that was about it. I always thought he was a horrible wrestler and also if you watch his stuff everything follows the same pattern. He kicks butt in the first couple minutes then he gets his butt kicked then he hulks up points his finger does a couple punches and then gives them the leg drop. I know wrestlings fake but come on! One thing that I was watching is when Hogan and Macho Man were the Megapowers and Elizabeth was with them. Elizabeth got knocked out during a match and Hogan brang her to the back leaving Macho Man by himself in the ring. When Hogan gets her in the back and in their little doctors office place Hogans crying and yelling "come on elizabeth wake up. Oh my god I hope shes ok" and just watching that horrible acting job almost made me want to stop watching lol it was so bad.

I pretty much gave up on wrestling though. I played the demo for the new wrestling legends game and its ok. It looks good but the buttons are all different from before and some of the buttons are awkward.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:01 am

I just saw the movie "The Strangers". I guess it was scary, if I wasn't laughing every 5 minutes, due to the stupidity of the protagonists. They were so stupid, I was hoping they would die. The three Strangers or the antagonists were made up of one man and two women. The masks were scary, but once you got past that whole thing, they ended up being a caricature of everything that is ridiculously absurd regarding good spook movies.

If those same three people came into my house, at least two of them aren't leaving alive. I'll leave that up to your imagination on which two I'm talking about. Actually, I don't think any of them would've made it out alive.

If you can get past the stupid characters in the movie, then you might like it, otherwise do what I did...Go to your local library and check it out. I'm not sure it would be worth the $3.50 to rent it at Blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:48 am

I agree about The Strangers. How the couple were acting was ridiculous. Plus, Liv Tyler bothers me greatly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:55 am

Quote :
Liv Tyler bothers me greatly.

In general or just in this movie?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:57 am

Both, but mostly in general.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 am

I would've liked "The Strangers" better if I hadn't already seen "Vacancy," which was virtually the same movie, just set in a motel room instead of a house.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I would've liked "The Strangers" better if I hadn't already seen "Vacancy," which was virtually the same movie, just set in a motel room instead of a house.

Understandable, but if I have seen "Psycho", do I need to see "Vacancy"? If not, then technically, I do not need to see "The Strangers".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I have a pirated copy of Grand Turino that a co-worker of my mom's gave her but have yet to watch it. Being a semi constant wrestling fan since just after WM6 (during my Navy days, most of what went on I read in magazines and when I was on my six month deployments, some friends of mine sent me Raw and PPV results) I am very interested in seeing The Wrestler. However, none of the theaters in my area is showing it so I have to wait for the video release Sad .

I saw the Wrestler and Gran Turino on a pirate copy. The wrestler I downloaded online somewhere. It came out great! Gran Turino my gf's parents got from somewhere.

I recently got the Best Of WWF Saturday Night Main Event DVD. Its pretty good. I only watched DVD 1 and DVD 2. One of these days i'll get to watch the 3rd one. You probably wont like it though because Hulk Hogan is on most of it. Im not a huge fan of Hogan either. He was a good talker and that was about it. I always thought he was a horrible wrestler and also if you watch his stuff everything follows the same pattern. He kicks butt in the first couple minutes then he gets his butt kicked then he hulks up points his finger does a couple punches and then gives them the leg drop. I know wrestlings fake but come on! One thing that I was watching is when Hogan and Macho Man were the Megapowers and Elizabeth was with them. Elizabeth got knocked out during a match and Hogan brang her to the back leaving Macho Man by himself in the ring. When Hogan gets her in the back and in their little doctors office place Hogans crying and yelling "come on elizabeth wake up. Oh my god I hope shes ok" and just watching that horrible acting job almost made me want to stop watching lol it was so bad.

I pretty much gave up on wrestling though. I played the demo for the new wrestling legends game and its ok. It looks good but the buttons are all different from before and some of the buttons are awkward.

I didn't mind it much. I found I can tolerate Hogan's matches even though he is boiring. He at least wrestled some good guys who could carry him through a match (Kurt Henning, Ted DiBiase, etc.-the WM6 match with Warrior is an exception, how two guys who couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper sack put on a good match is beyond me).

Finished watching WM4. I noticed a few things:

1) Nostalsia payed a big factor, the matches weren't as good as I remember them (though they weren't bad) but the story lines and great promos were better than the large majority of the ones these days (the exceptions are the recent Shawn Michaels' storylines-w/ Y2J and JBL).

2) Vanna White was highly overrated (too thin and bony). The late Miss Elizabeth made her look like a pug dog.

3) Also, while Demolition was considered a Road Warrior rip off, they have nothing in common with them except that they're really big guys. If anything, they were a Kiss rip off (full face paint, red tongues, black leather...).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:36 am

Watched "Body Of Lies" last night, good movie.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Saw a Swedish movie last night. I've read the book and was eagerly awaiting the movie. It's a thriller, called "Menn Som Hater Kvinner". It translates to "Men who hates Women". A great movie from an even better book.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Futurama Into The Wild Green Yonder.

This whole going green extremism is getting ridiculous but I still enjoyed it. It was funny and
Spoiler:
but it was just too preachy for my taste. Hopefully it won't be the last one because Futurama deserves a much better send off than this.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:40 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I agree about The Strangers. How the couple were acting was ridiculous. Plus, Liv Tyler bothers me greatly.

If there was a survival guide regarding how to survive that night, they absolutely bombed!!! They basically put themselves in every precarious situation imaginable. At some point, I would've figured out the number of people that I was dealing with. At some point, I would've figured out that two of them were women, and not very strong looking women either, and one guy who looked like he could kick a little ass.

The fact that they had a gun the whole time, with plenty of ammunition should've been cause for celebration. Instead they seemed to be at a huge disadvantage, which I'm still shaking my head regarding this. At worst, you barricade yourself in a room until the sun comes up. These idiot killers didn't even knock on their door until a little after 4:00 A.M. It looked it was spring or summer, which would suggest a sunrise somewhere around 6:00-7:00. All they had to do was stay alive for 2 hours, with a GUN for God sakes. How many times did Liv Tyler leave the biggest knife lying around also??? You don't leave what might become valuable weapons around that might be used at one's disposal. At some point, I would've smashed that record player all to hell. They used that as a psychological adavantage, which means that you then are supposed to take that away from them. These people were absolutely pathetic.

It was a giant leap for me to even grab this one from the library. I've always thought the movie looked interesting, but then I had to deal with the fact that Liv Tyler is in it. I CAN'T STAND HER!!! Talk about someone who totally "Gravy trained" off their father's popularity. I've never understood the general interest in her, and I find her looks to be highly overrated as well.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Vacancy wasn't great, but I enjoyed that movie at least. At least the protagonists in this movie were smarter, and they were definitely going against a formidable group. Unfortunately, I just didn't buy that with "The Strangers". Nobody is rooting for the idea of home invasion in life, but if it happens to me, I hope it's the equivalent of the three sad sacs that were in the "The Strangers". Talk about low on the totem pole as it pertains to serial killers. Give me Kate Beckinsale any day over Liv Tyler, and I will also go with Luke Wilson over that tool in "The Strangers".
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 pm

detuned wrote:
Watched "Body Of Lies" last night, good movie.

Great movie!!! I just saw this a couple of nights ago.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Another reason to hate The Strangers.

Regarding why The Midnight Meat Train only opened in about 100 theaters instead of the thousands originally planned:

Quote :
Clive Barker was angry with the Lionsgate's treatment, believing that Lionsgate president Joe Drake is essentially shortchanging other people’s films in order to focus more attention on movies like “The Strangers,” where he received a producing credit: "[T]he politics that are being visited upon it have nothing to do with the movie at all. This is all about ego, and though I mourn the fact that ‘Midnight Meat Train’ was never given its chance in theaters, it’s a beautifully stylish, scary movie, and it isn’t going anywhere. People will find it, and whether they find it in midnight shows or they find it on DVD, they’ll find it, and in the end the Joe Drakes of the world will disappear."

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:41 am

Quote :
This whole going green extremism is getting ridiculous but I still enjoyed it. It was funny and

This is really starting to bother me as well and the little bit of non-conformist in me now wants to make a larger carbon footprint.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Mosquito Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:59 pm

One of my favorites from childhood - Romancing The Stone.

Hadn't seen it in a while but it held up great.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Some Kind of Monster
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Miracle Of St. Anna -

not bad, but I'm getting tired of human on human violence. I'm tired of seeing how awful humans have been and are towards each other. I don't mind zombie or completely fake violence, but I'm losing my stomach for the real thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Quarantine.

Actually quite well made and sufficiently creepy...until the very end when I realized that they showed the last scene of the movie in the trailer! ARGH!!!!

What should have been a great "sucker-punch" ending ruined by having already seen it numerous times in previews.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:48 am

I watched Twilight tonight. It was alright. Definitely a chick-movie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 am

Quote :
...until the very end when I realized that they showed the last scene of the movie in the trailer! ARGH!!!!

What should have been a great "sucker-punch" ending ruined by having already seen it numerous times in previews.

Agree 100%. Didn't understand this at all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Invasion of Astro Monster (aka Godzilla vs Monster Zero)

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next