Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:10 am

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - I'm addicted to this movie....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:43 am

detuned wrote:

Yeah, I liked that one even though the critics hated it. But as usual, the book(s) were better.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

Yeah, I liked that one even though the critics hated it. But as usual, the book(s) were better.
Books are almost always better than the movies they spawn.
I do find it interesting though that all the people that I know who claimed to be big Douglas Adams fans and complained that the movie was butchered in the translation to the big screen didn't realize that Adams himself wrote the screenplay for it. I guess they assumed that since he was dead that someone else had done it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Didn't someone else have to finish the screenplay? I seemed to remember he died before finishing it.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't believe that the script was 100% finished when he died but I think main structure of the script did remain intact even though some small revisions had to be made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I gave up on comparing books to films years ago, they are completely different mediums. I love the book and I love the film.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:25 pm

detuned wrote:
I gave up on comparing books to films years ago, they are completely different mediums. I love the book and I love the film.

True dat.

I did like how the movie retained the overall quirkiness of the books.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:32 pm

I, Robot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:58 am

My Darling Clementine - John Ford was the Hitchcock of the Western. Genius.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm

detuned wrote:
xyz wrote:
I forgot how hot Amy Adams is.

She's amazingly beautiful, I love redheads.

Seen any good movies? - Page 30 122-amy-adams

If there was a drooling icon I'd use it. I found her so hot in that movie, I automatically went to Wikipedia to find out who she was (didn't know and forgot to look at the credits) and went to google to get some pictures. I agree that the movie wasn't as good as the first but still a decent comedy flick and with her in it made it all the better.

After that the next showing was X Men Origins: Wolverine. I actually enjoyed this movie and although I only saw X2 a few times several years ago I remembered many of the stuff from that one due to the events in this one. Definatly better than the third X-Men movie which I actually enjoyed too.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

True dat.

I did like how the movie retained the overall quirkiness of the books.

I love that movie but I can't watch it anymore. Zooey is so beautiful in that movie that it hurts too much to watch it. Yeah, I know it's pathetic but it's the truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:55 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I love that movie but I can't watch it anymore. Zooey is so beautiful in that movie that it hurts too much to watch it. Yeah, I know it's pathetic but it's the truth.

I was thinking about using Zooey as an avatar...maybe I shouldn't.

Wink
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Leatherface wrote:
I, Robot.

I'm so sick of robot movies now. That Surrogate movie coming out looks so retarded, I'm pretty sure I would get tired of being inside and would want to go outside every once in a while.

I do love that Denny's commercial though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:09 pm

detuned wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I was thinking about using Zooey as an avatar...maybe I shouldn't.

Wink

No problem, her pictures are barable. I'ts the combination of her image, voice, and facial expressions that drive me insane. She's more beatiful in motion than when she's static (as is the case with all pretty women).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:57 pm

I've barely been on the forum over the last two weeks, so, I've seen a few movies over that time:

The last movie I saw was "88 Minutes" with Al Pacino, and needless to say, it's 88 minutes I will never get back. It's hard to believe that a movie with Al Pacino could suck, but it did. The acting, the dialogue, and the fact that I picked out the killer from the get go made this one of the worst that I've seen in a long time.

The next movie I saw was "American Psycho". This movie was brilliant, in a very sick depraved sense. Christian Bale has always done a great job with the roles he plays, but his portrayal as Patrick Bateman was brilliant. I couldn't get enough of his breakdown of each 80's heavyweight pop stars & their albums (EX: Huey Lewis & The News, Genesis, & Whitney Houston), all the while he was coming up with some diabolical method of killing his intended victims. It had been a while since I've seen a movie where it was allowed for some comedic undertones to surface while yet still trying to deliver suspense (I.E: Heathers).

Most of the movies that I've been watching have been due to the library, though the movie "Taken" was an exception. I've been wanting to see this movie since it debuted in the theatre, but it just never happened. This movie did not disappoint from the get go. Liam Neeson is truly a great actor. Very much like the Jason Bourne character, played by Matt Damon, Bryan Mills played by Neeson was played to a "T". I never thought of Neeson as a tough guy, but this movie proved me wrong. With each piece of trash he killed in this movie, I found myself cheering inside or even out loud. This movie was 90 minutes of fun, even though it had its predictable moments.

On next to the movie, "Number 23". I had wanted to see this movie when it first came out, but when I was told that it wasn't that good by others, I simply abandoned that idea. I decided to pick it up, since the bar was now set low on this flick. It was probably good that it was set low, since I just found it mildly enjoyable. I'm not sure that I cared for the twist 2/3's of the way through the movie, and then how the Carrey character was somehow supposed to be seen as a victim by film's end. Wasn't the victim, the actual victim? Oh well the movie was a library rental, so it was free at least. If anything, I got to watch the very beautiful Virginia Madsen.

The one movie that I think I took the biggest chance on was, "You Don't Mess With Zohan". One would think this movie would be the worst movie of the aforementioned, but that isn't the case. I've found myself to either really like Adam Sandler movies, or loathe Adam Sandler movies. I think if one goes into a movie knowing how ridiculous the movie will be, then you will be somewhat satisfied by the time the movie has concluded. This movie was truly ridiculous, though was intertwined with some funny moments. The thick accent that Zohan displayed led to some funny scenes, and the fact that he (Zohan) wasn't exactly up on pop culture, also created some good lighthearted moments. If you like you're comedy bar set very low, then this movie can provide some laughs, otherwise it's probably best to steer clear.

I can't believe it took me so long to see the next two movies that I'm going to mention. They were "The Departed" and "American Gangster". They were both brilliant! If you haven't seen these movies, then do yourself a favor, and rent these two flicks. Like most Scorsese movies, "The Departed" has its typical twist ending which wraps up the movie quite nicely. One certainly can't go wrong with a cast which includes, Damon, Dicaprio, Nicholson, Baldwin, Wahlberg, etc... I love biopic films on just about anyone, so "American Gangster" had that Donnie Brasco type of feel to it. Long movie, but very good, and also had a surprise ending to it.

I have two movies sitting here that I still need to watch, in that of, "We Own the Night" & 3:10 To Yuma (the remake).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Sam Raimi's Drag Me To Hell

Awesome!!!! headbanger Most fun I've had at a movie in AGES...laughed myself silly and jumped out of my seat on numerous occasions. Fans of Evil Dead 2 should go see this immediately.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:01 am

detuned wrote:
Sam Raimi's Drag Me To Hell

Awesome!!!! headbanger Most fun I've had at a movie in AGES...laughed myself silly and jumped out of my seat on numerous occasions. Fans of Evil Dead 2 should go see this immediately.

That good, huh?

When I saw the previews, I laughed and stated out loud, stupid. Nothing concerning ghosts, Satan, or possession scares me. That being the case, would I like this movie, or am I not the demographic that this movie is aiming for. I like horror quite a bit, but I like the physical form/psychopath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
That being the case, would I like this movie, or am I not the demographic that this movie is aiming for. I like horror quite a bit, but I like the physical form/psychopath.

You'd probably hate it. It's over-the-top horror comedy, gory three stooges gags, very slapstick...typical Sam Raimi flick.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:13 am

watched withnail and I and requiem for a dream the other week. both very good films
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:27 am

Amy Adams = The Hot Girl on an episode of The Office. Truly hot!

Terminator - Salvation

Saw is with my eldest, pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:51 am

Just rented the My Bloody Valentine remake and it SUCKED!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:03 am

Blood Feast 2 - All U Can Eat

Funny gorefest from the master himself HG Lewis.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:21 am

Role Models

It was ok, hoped it would've (and could've) been better. Good enough for a mindless Satuday night, chilling with the wife.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I saw Drag Me to Hell on Saturday. Lots of fun, good to have Sam Raimi back doing "straight" horror again. I like the Spider-Man movies but the tentacle attack in Spider-Man 2 was probably the most inspired scene in the whole trilogy because it's the one that's most like the Evil Dead movies Smile
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Terminator - Salvation

Saw is with my eldest, pretty good.

I liked it too. It wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I thought it was better than III.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next