Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 pm

sam wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
It's great! The commentary track with Clive Barker and the director is interesting too. Apparently Lionsgate deliberately tanked the movie so other Lionsgate releases directed by the guy who owns the company wouldn't be overshadowed. MMT was supposed to open in 3000 theaters but actually opened in less than 500, many of which were the "dollar theater" type.

another for my netflix list

Make sure you get the unrated version. According to the director's commentary, he had to trim a lot of blood to get the R version for the MPAA.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:39 pm

The Princess Bride

Classic.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
sam wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
It's great! The commentary track with Clive Barker and the director is interesting too. Apparently Lionsgate deliberately tanked the movie so other Lionsgate releases directed by the guy who owns the company wouldn't be overshadowed. MMT was supposed to open in 3000 theaters but actually opened in less than 500, many of which were the "dollar theater" type.

another for my netflix list

Make sure you get the unrated version. According to the director's commentary, he had to trim a lot of blood to get the R version for the MPAA.

will do, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Over the past couple of days at work and at the movie theater:

Poltergeist
Road House (1989)
Miami Vice
Terminator 3 ---------------- sick
The Scorpion King

Watchmen
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:49 pm

[quote="EvyMetal"]

Poltergeist

One of my all-time favourite Horror movies - I first watched this huddled up with my two brothers in a hotel bed somewhere in Germany when I was about 7-8 years old - Still one of my favourite movie experiences ever.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:49 am

today I watched HOT ROD. Very, very funny.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 pm

the blues brother, such a classic.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 pm

One other note on Midnight Meat Train. I learned by watching the commentary that the big black guy who almost gets the best of the butcher is none other thatn Quinton "Rampage" Jackson of UFC fame.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The Princess Bride

Classic.

One of my favorite movies. Andre The Giant was so likeable in that movie (funny how he was one of the most hated men in wrestling at the time-you would never find a heel playing a good guy in a movie these days).

Nacho Libre (my dad actually liked this one, which is weird to me-I like it too)
Madagascar 2 (the end anyways, my dad, sister, niece and nephew were watching it when I came home from my first job).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Nacho Libre (my dad actually liked this one, which is weird to me-I like it too)

that movie was good in a very strange way.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Twister - as much as I still really like the movie it loses something with each viewing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm watching Mel Brooks' Citizen Kane: "Blazing Saddles". "Young Frankenstein" is almost as good as this but not quite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm watching Mel Brooks' Citizen Kane: "Blazing Saddles". "Young Frankenstein" is almost as good as this but not quite.

I'd probably swap those two around, but they are both favorites of mine...I've lost count how many times I've watched them. I'm also a huge fan of the original version of The Producers and have always enjoyed High Anxiety...though it's not in the same league.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 pm

I just saw Gran Turino this past weekend. I believe it was the first movie I ever watched with Clint Eastwood in it, I could be wrong though. He was pretty much the only known actor in the movie I believe so some of the acting seemed a little awkward, but otherwise I think the movie was great. The ending was a surprise and it had my gf crying. It almost got me too but I had to hold back haha.

I also saw the Wrestler a few weeks ago. Another good movie. Being an on and off again wrestling fan this movie had my interest when a friend of mine told me about it. I never heard of it til he said something. There was a bunch of wrestlers in it that I have seen. It was filmed in NJ so ive been to plenty of wrestling shows out there. A friend of mine even made a joke, even though it was probably true, that one of our friends who used to be a manager to some of the wrestlers probably slept with half of the ones in the movie hahaha. Marissa Tomei (not correct spelling, but close enough) was hot in this movie. I never thought he would still look as good as she did.

If you havent seen either of these movies id suggest that you either go see them while theyr probably still in theaters or make sure you rent it. You wont be disappointed.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I just saw Gran Turino this past weekend. I believe it was the first movie I ever watched with Clint Eastwood in it, I could be wrong though. He was pretty much the only known actor in the movie I believe so some of the acting seemed a little awkward, but otherwise I think the movie was great. The ending was a surprise and it had my gf crying. It almost got me too but I had to hold back haha.

I also saw the Wrestler a few weeks ago. Another good movie. Being an on and off again wrestling fan this movie had my interest when a friend of mine told me about it. I never heard of it til he said something. There was a bunch of wrestlers in it that I have seen. It was filmed in NJ so ive been to plenty of wrestling shows out there. A friend of mine even made a joke, even though it was probably true, that one of our friends who used to be a manager to some of the wrestlers probably slept with half of the ones in the movie hahaha. Marissa Tomei (not correct spelling, but close enough) was hot in this movie. I never thought he would still look as good as she did.

If you havent seen either of these movies id suggest that you either go see them while theyr probably still in theaters or make sure you rent it. You wont be disappointed.

I have a pirated copy of Grand Turino that a co-worker of my mom's gave her but have yet to watch it. Being a semi constant wrestling fan since just after WM6 (during my Navy days, most of what went on I read in magazines and when I was on my six month deployments, some friends of mine sent me Raw and PPV results) I am very interested in seeing The Wrestler. However, none of the theaters in my area is showing it so I have to wait for the video release Sad .
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:58 pm

I still haven't seen Gran Torino. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Ghost Watcher 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:45 am

No movie yet but I watched Wrestlemania II and III. II was slightly better than I but still not great. Three different arenas was rediculous as was haveing Susan St. James do commentary (she sucked) but not bad. III was were it got better and for me IV, V, and VI were the best of the 80s WMs (which will be next on Netflix). While I still don't like Hogan, his matches weren't too unbearable (at least they were short) and I won't deny his place in pro wrestling history (although I stopped both DVDs during his post match celebrations). I would love to play the new Wrestlemania Legends game and go into 're-write' history mode and have Andre beat him, you know, just for kicks Very Happy . Unfortunatly I can't be spending money on one of the new systems and I never find time to play video games anyways.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

saw watchmen last night. it was decent, but it was really dragged down by a bloated storyline. Plenty of action, violence, and sex to make up for it though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Lakeview Terrace-pretty decent thriller with quite a message. Samuel Jackson remains one of the best actors of our time.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 am

sam wrote:
saw watchmen last night. it was decent, but it was really dragged down by a bloated storyline. Plenty of action, violence, and sex to make up for it though. Very Happy

Gotta love that uncircumcised blue penis.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:01 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
sam wrote:

Gotta love that uncircumcised blue penis.

lol! yep, I am envious.

watched ghostbusters 2 last night, good movie.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I think I'm going to start watching all of the ZAZ movies (Zucker, Abrahams, & Zucker) again starting with:

The Kentucky Fried Movie!

Just got it in the mail, can't wait to go home and watch it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

The "Catholic School Girls in Trouble" sketch is worth the rental price alone.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

The "Catholic School Girls in Trouble" sketch is worth the rental price alone.

Oh my. The funniest (and most memorable) part of the whole movie. Something about it...

Today at work wasn't all that great. On the Sci-Fi Channel:

Freddy Vs. Jason
Anacondas: Trail Of Blood (4th in the series, made for tv)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next