Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Both "Ice Age" movies were on FX yesterday (to pimp today's release of the 3rd film in the saga) so my sons and I watched those while the rain pounded down outside.

I actually had plans on seeing the midnight showing of the new Ice Age (Cinemark plays movies on midnight of the day they're to be released) but that Long Island Ice Tea put an end to those plans. I'll just have to wait til next week.

I just read Roger Ebert's rave review of the new Ice Age in today's paper. He sez it's the best one in the series. If this rain keeps up I might take my older son to see it this weekend just to get us out of the house. He of course wants to see "Transformers" but I think that might be a little bit hardcore for him yet (he's only 6). He liked the first movie but we saw that on DVD at home. I'd bet that the sight of those giant robots on a big screen in super-duper Dolby stereo would probably scare the crap out of him Laughing

Besides that, I hear the new Transformers is over two and a half hours long and there is NO WAY a 6 year old is going to sit still in a theatre for that long. He'd probably be asking to go home before the end of the first reel. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 am

Street Fighter : The Legend of Chun-Li

A decent action flick featuring Kristin Kreuk, whom I have a serious crush on. Smile
Don't expect a masterpiece, but it was entertaining for the hour and half it took to watch it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 am

The last movie I saw in the theater was X Men Origins Wolverine. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I saw the first (and best) Major League on cable after work last night. I had forgotten how funny that movie is. Peace.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Transformers 2 (in cinema)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm

A Day At The Races
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Last night I watched 'Control' a film about the late Ian Curtis of the Joy Divison. An excellent film told in a straight forward fashion with some excellent casting. The movie did not glamorize the band's sort of rise (they did not receive any critical kudos til after Ian Curtis's death) nor does romanticize his life or his suicide.

A really good film if you are into dramas and interested in the history of a very short lived career of a very influential artist and nice mini chronicle of the music scene in the post punk England in the late 70's -early 80's.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:31 pm

Role Models.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 am

Another state of mind-the homemade documentary about social distortion and youth brigades first international tour of the US and canada.

The roadwarrior-first time seeing this, I should have probably watched mad max first but this was still bada$$.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:25 am

"Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil"

--- generic slasher crap about a supposedly-possessed, crazed Catholic priest who carves up a couple of teenyboppers that are using his old home base as a post-Prom getaway retreat. Occasionally interesting but very slow moving for much of its length. There are some nice T&A shots but otherwise this is nothin' I'd watch again.

Save 90 minutes of your life and just watch the trailer instead. Consider it my Public Service for the day. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 am

I saw Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs yesterday. Great movie and just like the second was even better than the first, this was even better than the second one (what do you know a movie franchise that gets better witth the sequals). Just like new characters Crash & Eddie in the last one made the movie, new character Buck (Simon Pegg-Shaun Of The Dead/Hot Fuzz/Star Trek) makes this one. His character is priceless and the highlight of the movie. Loved it and can't wait to see it again either in the $1 matinee or on DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 am

"Return to Sleepaway Camp" (2008)
Seen any good movies? - Page 35 10135173-return-to-sleepaway-camp

A surprisingly good sequel to the Sleepaway Camp movies of the 80's. This new movie has the same low budget feel as the 80's movies and when you are watching it, it's easy to forget you are watching a contemporary movie. Sure the plot is as thin as the hair on my nut sack, but that's what made horror movies fun in the 80's, an even dose of death and campiness. The surprise at the end is really not so much a surprise, but who cares. It kept my interest for 1 1/2 hours. I recommend it to fans of cheeseball horror movies and I know there are a few on this board.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am

Religulous

A documentary starring everyone's favorite smug douchebag Bill Maher. Interesting enough. Bill asks lots of questions about various religions and gets many vauge/non-answers in response.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Caprica - the "prequal" to Battlestart Galactia. The DVD is the pilot movie that is going to be shown on SyFy later this fall - not bad, interesting ideas.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 pm

The Amityville Horror remake. The original is still better IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 am

Monsters Vs. Aliens-pretty cool animated movie. Dreamworks & Pixar hit it out of the park everytime IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:40 am

Leatherface wrote:
The Amityville Horror remake. The original is still better IMO.

The original was just on American Movie Classics the night before last. I caught about an hour of that one, hadn't seen it in a while. It hasn't aged well but MAN, that flick scared the poop out of me when I first saw it as a kid. affraid

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek - The Search for Spock

Star Trek - The Voyage Home

Me and the girls have been binging after having seen the new one at the theater.

Imagine my pride when my daughters were riding their bikes screaming "Khhhhhaannn!!!! or the hilarity that happened when I got my five year old to eat by pretending the fork and food was the communicator and screaming Khan! so she would open wide to eat. Two more geeks in training!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:52 pm

I watched The Hammer the other night. It stars Adam Corolla as a 40 year old amateur boxer still trying to make the move to being a pro and get his loser life together. Nothing earth shattering, but I enjoyed it a lot. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:55 pm

I watched The Terminator again yesterday and Terminator 2: Judgment Day again this afternoon.

Both classics. This was my first time seeing these masterpieces on Blu-Ray however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Heebie Jeebies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 am

A bunch of stuff recently:

The good:

Just Buried - funny little indie comedy about a guy that inherits a funeral home.

The fair:

Knowing - "okay" biblical disaster parable, but something about it never fully clicked.

Push - better than average "superpower" flick, nothing earth-shattering but entertaining.

The SUCK:

The Unborn - This is the most un-frightening, completely inept attempt at a horror film since...well...hasn't been that long actually, but it sucks. *note* - Might be worth watching once just to see the chick run around in her underwear.

Transformers 2 - THIS IS IT, I FOUND IT! I've been searching for the absolute perfect horrible film that would illustrate how completely and totally inept Hollywood has become since the advent of CGI. Michael Bay should be launched into space...without a suit.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:43 am

In preparation for the next one (which starts in about an hour) I watched Harry Potter: Order Of The Pheonix last night.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 am

the sentinel wrote:
I watched The Hammer the other night. It stars Adam Corolla as a 40 year old amateur boxer still trying to make the move to being a pro and get his loser life together. Nothing earth shattering, but I enjoyed it a lot. Peace.

I almost rented that the other night, but the wife vetoed it. I think Adam's a funny dude.

We ended up watching The Happening, the last M. Night Shama-la-ma-ding-dong movie. Interesting concept and theory, but overall a lousy movie. Marky Mark is a terrible actor. We just picked it apart the whole time (bad acting, plot-holes, etc.). Poor M. Night shot his creative load since The Sixth Sense and has been struggling to find his mojo since then.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

We ended up watching The Happening, the last M. Night Shama-la-ma-ding-dong movie. Interesting concept and theory, but overall a lousy movie. Marky Mark is a terrible actor. We just picked it apart the whole time (bad acting, plot-holes, etc.). Poor M. Night shot his creative load since The Sixth Sense and has been struggling to find his mojo since then.

I felt the same way about "The Happening"... the first fifteen or twenty minutes were disturbingly cool, but it completely fell apart after that. By the end my wife and I were laughing at it. M. Night's fifteen minutes are about up, I'd say.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I felt the same way about "The Happening"... the first fifteen or twenty minutes were disturbingly cool, but it completely fell apart after that. By the end my wife and I were laughing at it. M. Night's fifteen minutes are about up, I'd say.

Yea, I'd agree. There were definatley some creepy, tense moments, but they were ruined by our laughter at the overall ridicoulousness.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next