Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:16 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Just finished watching "Quarantine." Pretty cool zombie/disease movie, though the dreaded "You are there" handheld camera look became a little tiresome after a while.

The hand-held camera thing is the sole reason why I've staved off from this movie for so long. They had the same camera style in Cloverfield, and it was getting old fast.

I didn't mind it so much in "Cloverfield" and it didn't bother me much at first in "Quarantine," but during the last quarter of the movie, which consists basically of various characters running around screaming, running up and down stairs, in and out of dark rooms, etc., it got a little tough to follow what was going on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Taken - really good flick!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm

I just got back from seeing Terminator Salvation. If you like wall-to-wall action scenes this is the movie for you. If you're looking for thought-provoking science fiction, it would probably be best to look elsewhere. There is almost zero character development, so aside from the one new character they added to the story...I found myself not really caring one way or another what was going to happen to them.

A definite improvement over the last film, but still doesn't create that "epic" feel the two James Cameron films had. The first two films were built primarily on suspense...which is something that Hollywood has completely forgotten how to do. It's easier to create giant CG mechanical monsters than create actual tension.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Saw Terminator last night. It was an average movie. I'd give it 3 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:07 pm

detuned wrote:
I just got back from seeing Terminator Salvation. If you like wall-to-wall action scenes this is the movie for you. If you're looking for thought-provoking science fiction, it would probably be best to look elsewhere. There is almost zero character development, so aside from the one new character they added to the story...I found myself not really caring one way or another what was going to happen to them.

A definite improvement over the last film, but still doesn't create that "epic" feel the two James Cameron films had. The first two films were built primarily on suspense...which is something that Hollywood has completely forgotten how to do. It's easier to create giant CG mechanical monsters than create actual tension.

I was afraid of that...

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

I was afraid of that...

That pretty much sums most of the better reviews I've read which sucks because the first two were so good.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:26 pm

I thought Terminator Salvation was mediocre at best. Sure the action was awesome, but I had trouble following and staying interested through out. I haven't seen any of the other Terminator movies except for the 3rd one, and this movie makes me not want to see any of the other ones.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I thought Terminator Salvation was mediocre at best. Sure the action was awesome, but I had trouble following and staying interested through out. I haven't seen any of the other Terminator movies except for the 3rd one, and this movie makes me not want to see any of the other ones.
Do yourself a favor and watch the first two those are some great movies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Svengo wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Yeah, the first two are where it's at.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:07 pm

detuned wrote:
Svengo wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Exactly!!! you have to watch them!!! CLASSICS!!! You have to watch them in order through.

Yeah, the first two are where it's at.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Die Hard

Yippee ki-yay, motherf*cker!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:46 am

Saw Agels & Demons last night. A good, solid thriller, but as always, the book is so much better. If you liked The Da Vinci Code, this is a no-brainer.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:53 am

kmorg wrote:
Saw Agels & Demons last night. A good, solid thriller, but as always, the book is so much better. If you liked The Da Vinci Code, this is a no-brainer.

How was the acting by the two Danish actors?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:18 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

How was the acting by the two Danish actors?

Depends on who they were! lol

I take it one of them was the "agent" from the swiss guard that followed Tom to the Vativan libarary. He sounded very Danish. In fact, he sounded so Danish it actually took something away from his acting! Have no idea who the other Dane was.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:37 pm

xyz wrote:
Die Hard

Yippee ki-yay, motherf*cker!

:hails:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Saw Dario Argento's Deep Red (again) last night. It's still the only movie that can get me scared. Great acting, great plot and the score (courtesy of Italian prog rockers Goblin) is phenomenally creepy.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Svengo wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

I will do myself a favor, but I don't think it will change my outlook on Terminator Salvation. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but conflict of interest? Guess there wasn't any pay?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Ocean's 11
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Today I watched Pitfall, an old Japanese flick that I guess some might call a bit of an art-house movie. It was pretty good with a bunch of surreal stuff going on and some good acting but it was fairly depressing as well.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:49 pm

Went to see Night at the Museum II with my family. It wasn't as good as the first one, but it was still funny. I forgot how hot Amy Adams is.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Saw Dario Argento's Deep Red (again) last night. It's still the only movie that can get me scared. Great acting, great plot and the score (courtesy of Italian prog rockers Goblin) is phenomenally creepy.

That's a GREAT movie. Maybe the best giallo ever.

We had a double feature yesterday: Wolverine, then Star Trek.

Despite the reviews, I didn't mind Wolverine. Actually I liked it more than X-Men 3. It's just that it's very cliched and seems to make less sense as it goes along. The movie also makes Wolverine look like a real wuss at times. I loved the part in which they reenact the "Murdock...I'm coming to get YOU!" bit from First Blood 2 Smile

Star Trek was a lot of fun. The plot makes no sense if you think about it for a couple of minutes but I thought the actors all nailed their parts and that's the most important thing when it comes to the original characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:32 pm

xyz wrote:
I forgot how hot Amy Adams is.

She's amazingly beautiful, I love redheads.

Seen any good movies? - Page 29 122-amy-adams
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Brutal Massacre - A Comedy

This is based on the mockumentary premise like Spinal Tap about a horror movie filmmaker trying to make one last great horror movie. Not as funny as Spinal Tap but it has its moments. The cameos are fun. Gunner Hansen, Ken Foree, David Naughton, Brian O'halloran...

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Terminator Salvation

The only thing I think Hollywood could have done better is not use the "leading man" role. They should have found some obscure actor to better suit the John Conner role.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:08 am

just watched Weeds (season 1) & Four Brothers.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next