Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:46 am

EvyMetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Svengo wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
I have tickets for Star Trek tomorrow....

That looks pretty good. I might have to break the virginity of not watching any Star Trek ever.
I'm definitely seeing this. I'm big fan of the old school Shatner Star Trek but not so much that I can't enjoy a good reboot of the series.

Plus I just don't want to miss all the inevitable "Trekkies" before and after the movie passionately arguing about every freaking detail of it. That stuff is just priceless.
It makes me wish Conan 'O Brian was on the air now so he could do a Triumph sketch just like the one he did when the last batch of Star Wars movies came out. Smile

I'm a Trekkie fan too...especially the original series.

I'll pick this up on DVD once it comes out; I refuse to fork over $10 to see a movie so I can sit in front of a kid who kicks my seat for 2 hours.

That's why at the local movie theater we either just walk in, they don't seem to check ticket stubs, find a backdoor that we can open, or buy one movie and hop to the next ones without paying.

I saw the Wolverine movie for free the other night. My friends got to the theater before me and the 2 bored teens working the entrance were more interested in playing grab-ass with each other than ripping tickets. My buddy came running out, handed me a ticket and said "Walk right in, noone's collecting 'em". So I did. I offered to buy the guys popcorn or some ju-ju bees for the effort, but noone took me up on it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:34 pm

I will let everyone know what I think of the new Star Trek - I like Star Trek, but I am not a Trekkie. I am interested to see how it compares to KHAN!!!!!!!!

Looks like a GREAT movie from the previews and has gotten good reviews thus far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

I've never seen any of the Star Trek movies and the amount of any Trek-related tv shows I've seen could be counted on one hand with a few fingers to spare. I pretty much had every intention of keeping that streak alive when I heard about this new movie, but dang, do those previews look good. Almost to the point where I'd probably rent the dvd.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Underworld 3
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:31 am

GridIron Gang 2006
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:28 am

Star Trek - WOW!!! What a GREAT movie!!!!! If you have never watched Star Trek, you can know what is going on with out the knowledge of 30 years of Star Trek. Great way to reboot the series. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:29 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Star Trek - WOW!!! What a GREAT movie!!!!! If you have never watched Star Trek, you can know what is going on with out the knowledge of 30 years of Star Trek. Great way to reboot the series. I highly recommend it.

How was the monster with all the eyes?

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:32 am

The Orphanage - Watched this again last night, great movie.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Pretty cool!!! The movie was action packed, good story (but no Star Trek villian can ever top Khan!!!!) and also had humor. The guy that played Spock was amazing. Uhora was HOT!!!! Simon Pegg as Scotty - just hilarious. The guy that played Kirk was good, at least he didn't do a dead on imitation (not of the actors really did). Plus, Leonard Nimoy as Spock too!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Pretty cool!!! The movie was action packed, good story (but no Star Trek villian can ever top Khan!!!!) and also had humor. The guy that played Spock was amazing. Uhora was HOT!!!! Simon Pegg as Scotty - just hilarious. The guy that played Kirk was good, at least he didn't do a dead on imitation (not of the actors really did). Plus, Leonard Nimoy as Spock too!!!

can't wait to see this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I agree completely. I've never seen ANYTHING Star Trek related, and the movie was... AMAZING!!!! I was blown away by almost everything. It was definitely worth the ten bucks I shelled out for it, and just might be one of the best movies this year. WOW.

I didn't dig the green chick though. That was creepy.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:03 am

Star Wars II - Clone Wars

My youngest was sick so I stayed home with her today. Decent story, but I kept thinking that this had to be the worst acting in any movie I've ever seen. Why is that dufus Anikan???? And that's the best they could do for Obi Wan?? Ugh...wretched acting. At least Portman is attractive, although her acting is miserable as well.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:23 pm

I think you're thinking of Attack of the Clones. Clone Wars is an animated Star Wars movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I 100% agree, I am huge fan of Star Trek and was not sure how this was going to fly but excellent casting and if you are long time fan of the series they throw in a lot of insider fanboy moments to please and if you are newbie to the series you won't feel left out, the first Star Trek film that can be enjoyed by non fans.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Star Wars II - Clone Wars

My youngest was sick so I stayed home with her today. Decent story, but I kept thinking that this had to be the worst acting in any movie I've ever seen. Why is that dufus Anikan???? And that's the best they could do for Obi Wan?? Ugh...wretched acting. At least Portman is attractive, although her acting is miserable as well.

I totally agree with your assessment regarding Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. I had remembered seeing him in the movie "Life As A House" that came out a little bit before Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones. When I had heard he was being cast for as Anakin, I wanted to throw up. I have to disagree with you in regards to Ewan McGregor, who I think is a very accomplished actor. He's not Sir Alec Guiness, but talented nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:07 am

I went on a Hershel Gordon Lewis binge (the Godfather Of Gore):

Blood Feast
2000 Maniacs!
Color Me Blood Red
The Gore Gore Girls
Blood Feast 2

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:16 am

Star Trek

Very good!! Appeals to purists (all except perhaps the most hard-core) and will gain lots of new fans. My girls loved it. Brianna had endless questions -aka - new fan)
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Star Trek

Very good!! Appeals to purists (all except perhaps the most hard-core) and will gain lots of new fans. My girls loved it. Brianna had endless questions -aka - new fan)

I guess you could call me a new fan. I feel like watching some old episodes just to see what I've missed out on.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Blood Feast
2000 Maniacs!
Color Me Blood Red
The Gore Gore Girls
Blood Feast 2
No Wizard of Gore? Oh, and I saw a movie called It Waits. Kind of a Jeepers Creepers type of horror movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Blood Feast
2000 Maniacs!
Color Me Blood Red
The Gore Gore Girls
Blood Feast 2
No Wizard of Gore? Oh, and I saw a movie called It Waits. Kind of a Jeepers Creepers type of horror movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:09 am

Leatherface wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Blood Feast
2000 Maniacs!
Color Me Blood Red
The Gore Gore Girls
Blood Feast 2

I knew I was missing one. Did you know there was a remake of Wizard of Gore?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Martyrs
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Youth Of The Beast

It's a great early '60s Japanese gangster flick.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:02 pm

star trek, saw it twice, once on saturday and then again on monday. Great movie, what a way to reboot the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:49 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
Underworld 3

I saw Underworld: Evolution at work the other night along with Grid Iron Gang. I haven't seen anything of the Underworld series before, but it was awesome!! I'm definitely going to have to check out more of that stuff. I'd hate to look like I'm riding this vampire bandwagon that's going around right now though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next