Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 am

Slumdog Millionaire

Pretty good movie. A drama/love story/coming of age/fairytale type story set in India.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Shooter (watched it again for the 5th time)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Quote :
I had the exact same reaction. The movie had it's moments, but the documentary was "effortlessly funny", something the film should have been but wasn't

It might have been better to let the guys who did the documentary direct the actual movie.

I re-watched Bloodsport. I still really love this movie.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:49 am

Bloodsport is amazing as are most all of Van Damme's releases at that time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:30 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

My favorite was Death Warrant. I love the jump kick knocking the Sandman into the furnace. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:36 am

I can't stand Van Damme movies - There are two great ones, then the rest are all the exact same theme - "I beat everyone up, shoot all my enemies and I WIN!" - Every single one of his movies. Ahhhh, well
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Serve Sara ( Elizabeth Hurley 2002, she was, is so sexy )
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

American beauty - this was one whacked out movie. insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

My favorite was Death Warrant. I love the jump kick knocking the Sandman into the furnace. 🤘

Yes awesome scene. Lionheart is probably my fav followed by the rest. Death Warrant is amazing as well.

As for his movies being the same, Jean usually gets beat up pretty bad in his movies. Hes not Seagal where he doesnt get hit.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
I can't stand Van Damme movies - There are two great ones, then the rest are all the exact same theme - "I beat everyone up, shoot all my enemies and I WIN!" - Every single one of his movies. Ahhhh, well

Van Damme has some good films, like Bloodsport, and some really bad ones like Nowhere to Run and Street Fighter.

I assume you mean Bloodsport and Kickboxer are his two really good ones. I disagree with the same plot theory, though. Let's take a look:

Death Warrant: In an abandoned house, detective Louis Burke confronts a maniac called the Sandman. Although the Sandman nearly kills Burke, Burke manages to stop him with a bullet. However, over a year later, a series of murders has occured in the prison where the Sandman is being held. Burke poses undercover as an inmate to try and investigate the crimes.

Universal Soldier: Two soldiers who died in the war are re-animated as a science experiment as UniSols (Universal Soldiers). However, the experiment goes awry, leading to a no holds barred showdown.

Nowhere to Run: A man who has escaped from prison helps take on a group of ruthless developers trying to evict a widow and her two children.

Timecop: A cop must travel back in time to prevent his wife's murder.

Sudden Death: Die Hard at a hockey arena.

Sure, he does have a lot of the same themes, but they aren't all EXACTLY the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Van Damme's best flick was the first "Universal Soldier." Though "Timecop" and "Double Team" (or whatever the one was called where he played twin bro's) were pretty good too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Van Damme's best flick was the first "Universal Soldier." Though "Timecop" and "Double Team" (or whatever the one was called where he played twin bro's) were pretty good too.

That was Double Impact, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

"Burke, you can't kill the Sandman"....

LOL...I remember seeing this movie when it came out with my buddy, and I think we even snuck my younger brother in as well. Death Warrant was probably was one of his more respectible movies, based on some of the actors in it. I'm always looking for a good prison movie, and that movie held its own when it was all said and done.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I also saw all 3 of these flicks in the theater. I saw "Double Impact" and "T2" at a drive in theater back in the day. I have to admit it, I was a pretty big fan of his movies back in the day, but I don't remember like too much after "Double Impact".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I just finished watching "Iron Man" and it kicked ass! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Forgot about Universal Soldier. I'd say that is my favorite followed by Death Warrant. I was also a fan of Dolf Lundgren particularly Masters Of The Universe and I Come In Peace. One of my favorite scenes is when his partner puts on one of his jackets: "Hey, it fits!" "It should, it was mine when I was 12". And the last thing he said to the bad guy: "I Come In Peace" "And you go in pieces". 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 am

godzilla, forgot how great this movie was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:27 am

Sunshine (by Danny Boyle) - excellent, intelligent sc-fi film, gets better with repeated viewings.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:30 am

Event Horizon - Possibly the scariest sci-fi film I ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:40 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

That's a good one, it captures the mood just right.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:13 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

Yeah, I agree.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:05 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Come In Peace. One of my favorite scenes is when his partner puts on one of his jackets: "Hey, it fits!" "It should, it was mine when I was 12". And the last thing he said to the bad guy: "I Come In Peace" "And you go in pieces". 🤘

Yea, I love "I Come In Peace," haven't seen that one in a loooooonnng time. Dolph sure made a lot of bad movies ("The Punisher" anyone? "Red Scorpion?") but "I Come In Peace" was one of his better flicks. The guy who played his FBI sidekick (his name escapes me, but he used to be in that HBO show "Dream On") was great.

Quote :

That's a good'un too, and again, I haven't seen it in years. I gotta look for both of these flicks on DVD now!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Come In Peace. One of my favorite scenes is when his partner puts on one of his jackets: "Hey, it fits!" "It should, it was mine when I was 12". And the last thing he said to the bad guy: "I Come In Peace" "And you go in pieces". 🤘

Yea, I love "I Come In Peace," haven't seen that one in a loooooonnng time. Dolph sure made a lot of bad movies ("The Punisher" anyone? "Red Scorpion?") but "I Come In Peace" was one of his better flicks. The guy who played his FBI sidekick (his name escapes me, but he used to be in that HBO show "Dream On") was great.

Quote :

That's a good'un too, and again, I haven't seen it in years. I gotta look for both of these flicks on DVD now!

Unfortuantly I Come In Peace never had a DVD release (or so the last time I checked) Sad .
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 am

Is that "Demolition"?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Unfortuantly I Come In Peace never had a DVD release (or so the last time I checked) Sad .

Yea, I just did a search for a DVD earlier today and came up empty too. Sad It appears that it's available in Europe and Australia on (Region 2) DVD (under its alternate title, "Dark Angel") but not in the U.S. Dang!

I may still have it on VHS from when I recorded it off of HBO years ago, I will have to root thru my archives and see if it's still around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next