Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Saw "The Sixth Sense" today.

Damn, it was creepy.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 pm

I saw Hitman on cable after work last night. Pretty good action, average plot, and incredibly hot babe, Olga Kurylenko very happy
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I saw Hitman on cable after work last night. Pretty good action, average plot, and incredibly hot babe, Olga Kurylenko very happy

Only hot Russian I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Damn, it was creepy.

Yeah, it was. But a great film, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Schbopo wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

If things go bad with my current girl I think I will get mail order bride. I could use a Svetlana or something. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Quote :
I could use a Svetlana

I just want my wife to give me a Svetlana every now and again, if you catch my meaning.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes I do. I most certainly do.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 am

I'm signin' off. Dee Snider's "Strangeland" is starting on IFC. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 am

Schbopo wrote:

You haven't been looking then...

I watched Hitman...I only remember the girl (she's also in the new Bond flick).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 am

Just saw Gran Torino the other day. Good movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 pm

"Stephen King's Desperation"

Wow, this stunk!...my wife and I picked this up out of the bargain bin @ Walmart over a year ago and until last night it had never even been opened. About an hour into it, I was wondering why we ever bought this flick, and by the end, I was wondering what possessed me to sit through it in its entirety.
This is an overly long, way too talky, not-scary-in-the-slightest made for TV adaptation of one of King's lesser recent works. (My wife fell asleep about halfway thru, and woke up just as it ended... I told her "don't worry, you didn't miss anything." Ron ("Hellboy") Perlman was fun to watch as the demonically-possessed smalltown sheriff but fun went right out the window any time he wasn't on screen. This was originally a two-part mini-series covering four hours (the run time minus commercials is just shy of two and a half hours) but the whole thing could've easily been boiled down to one 90 minute film, IMO. I felt really burned because I could've watched TWO crappy movies last night in the time it took me to get through this thing. Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Mad

Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Watched Diner last night. Great flick.

A guy at work has been telling me about it for a few years now. There's a character in it who has a record collection, is a bit obsessed with it, and he snaps at one point because his wife put a rock album in the R&B section. She's like, "I just want to listen to music." He's pissed. I guess that's me. Haha.

Anyway, so I finally bought it. And it's a great movie. They don't make movies like it anymore. Just a group of guys going through a small section of their life, all caught on film. There's no real story, nothing profound. It was a bit refreshing to see. Great cast, too. Tim Daly has not aged a day. Steve Guttenburg is a doofus. Mickey Rourke's face moved. Haha.

Definitely check it out. I'm sure some of you have seen it, though. It was came out in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Quote :

You've not been paying attention, son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:

A guy at work has been telling me about it for a few years now. There's a character in it who has a record collection, is a bit obsessed with it, and he snaps at one point because his wife put a rock album in the R&B section. She's like, "I just want to listen to music." He's pissed. I guess that's me. Haha.

Anyway, so I finally bought it. And it's a great movie. They don't make movies like it anymore. Just a group of guys going through a small section of their life, all caught on film. There's no real story, nothing profound. It was a bit refreshing to see. Great cast, too. Tim Daly has not aged a day. Steve Guttenburg is a doofus. Mickey Rourke's face moved. Haha.

Definitely check it out. I'm sure some of you have seen it, though. It was came out in the 80s.

It did take you awhile to get around to that one! It is indeed a great film, thanks for the reminder, I need to rent this one again, haven't seen it in years.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Damn, it was creepy.

My wife has never let me live down what happened when we say it in the theater - I leaned over to her about 10 minutes into the movie and said "I think he's dead"......
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Damn, it was creepy.

My wife has never let me live down what happened when we say it in the theater - I leaned over to her about 10 minutes into the movie and said "I think he's dead"......

I was the same way. I actually waited for it when it came out on rental. I hadn't heard much about it besides the fact that it was good, and there was a big twist. The scene where Bruce meets his wife for the anniversary dinner was when I guessed that he had departed this world.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Heartbreakers (J.L. Hewitt & S.Weaver)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm

"Beyond Reanimator"

The third in the Reanimator series. I got these years ago, watched it once and thought it sucked.

A post on Spec's board made me dig it out and rewatch it and it's really not bad. Herbert West is in prison for his reanimation experiments but that's not stopping him from continuing his research.

Yeah, there really isn't much plot but there's some decent FX and some genuinely funny moments. Like when the warden is reanimated with some "life force" from a rat and he starts twitching his nose.

Plus, you gotta give points to any movie that features a fight scene between a rat and a severed, reanimated penis as the credits roll.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:48 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It did take you awhile to get around to that one! It is indeed a great film, thanks for the reminder, I need to rent this one again, haven't seen it in years.
Odd, I know. I never even caught a bit of it before.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:25 pm

I just watched Speed. Haven't seen that one in years. Actually better than I remembered it was. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Just finished watching "Open Water." Not bad but nothing I'd watch a second time. Interesting (and frightening) concept, but not very exciting in the execution.
Though throughout the film I kept putting myself in those divers' situation and thinking "Man, I'd be completely batsh*t crazy in less than an hour if that happened to me."

The totally gratuitous nude scene about fifteen minutes in was a nice touch, though, because the girl was pretty hot. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Eyesore have you seen the movie "High Fidelity" with John Cusack? He owns a record store, and probably has the biggest record collection I've ever seen in one's living quarters. The movie deals with a guy who is coming off another failed relationship. This break up puts him in a real funk, so he starts to analyze why his past relationships have been failures, and visits those ex's to find out what went wrong. John Cusack's character has some serious O.C.D. as it pertains to his records in his record store and at his home. Jack Black is one of his employees who constantly argues with customers and John, which add some funny moments to the film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Eyesore have you seen the movie "High Fidelity" with John Cusack? He owns a record store, and probably has the biggest record collection I've ever seen in one's living quarters. The movie deals with a guy who is coming off another failed relationship. This break up puts him in a real funk, so he starts to analyze why his past relationships have been failures, and visits those ex's to find out what went wrong. John Cusack's character has some serious O.C.D. as it pertains to his records in his record store and at his home. Jack Black is one of his employees who constantly argues with customers and John, which add some funny moments to the film.

I was about to mention that one. Great flick. It was recommended to me by a co-worker who said "If John Cusack's character was a metalhead, that movie would be about you," haha.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I was about to mention that one. Great flick. It was recommended to me by a co-worker who said "If John Cusack's character was a metalhead, that movie would be about you," haha.

I had an ex girlfriend that recommended that movie to me, not because of the record/music collection aspect, but because she thought John Cusack's character fit me perfectly regarding being unlucky in love. After seeing the movie, I realized how right she was. Yes, it was an awesome flick, and John Cusack was nominated for a Golden Globe for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 am

Yes, "High Fidelity" is a very good movie, and I can definitely relate! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next