Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Gas Pump Girls
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Schbopo wrote:
KISS Meets the Phantom of The Park

this one really sux. it's s shame movie.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 pm

I got burned out on watching so many horror movies in October. We haven't gone to the movies in a while and I've even slowed down on my Netflix.

We have 3:10 to Yuma (the remake) here at the house courtesy of Netflix, but are only about a 1/4 into it. Kinda slow so far.

I didn't get a chance to watch all my holiday DVDs like I wanted, but we did watch Santa Clause 3 on Christmas Eve.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:08 pm

I recently watched The Dark Knight and Hancock. Enjoyed them both.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Mummy III Tomb of the Dragon
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:52 pm

I rewatched Die Hard 2 last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:10 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

It sucked, yes, but I enjoyed it. Ace had cool powers at least.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Schbopo wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

It sucked, yes, but I enjoyed it. Ace had cool powers at least.

It's a great bad movie, especially if you drink a few beers before hitting the "play" button.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Burn After Reading

Any good? I have it on my Netflix queue.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:31 am

Hancock
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 am

saw yes man yesterday, it was actually painful to see jim carry try to recapture that ace ventura spirit with little luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Horton Hears A Who
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:35 pm

Chronicles of narnia prince caspian...about as good as the first one which was pretty decent. Rather read the books anyday though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:12 pm

The Day The Earth Stood Still - Saw it with my Dad. He's a big fan of the original, and said this was pretty good, but didn't like the ending.

Seven Pounds - Pretty good, pretty intense. Even saying a little might be too much, but it's worth seeing.

Four Christmases - Funny enough.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Frankenhooker

Finally on DVD. I'd forgotten how funny this is. Definitely not for "normal" people though. Grade Z acting and some shoddy FX but it never takes itself seriously and the concept is just hilarious.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 pm

3:10 to Yuma (remake) and Incredible Hulk. Both were pretty good. Yuma was slow at the beginning, but picked up and turned into a great western. Hulk was definitely better than the first one... Can't wait for that Avengers movie!

sam wrote:
saw yes man yesterday, it was actually painful to see jim carry try to recapture that ace ventura spirit with little luck.

I heard it was pretty bad. Looked like it might be fun though.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Just saw Prince Caspian gonna pop in Hancock next I think
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Snakeman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:15 am

Yes Man wasn't terrible, just schizophrenic.

One of those movies where they couldn't decide whether they wanted to make an "over the top comedy" or a "drama/romance"...so they tried to accomplish both (which is near impossible) and ended up coming up short. The romance half of the movie was better played and felt more natural, they could have chopped out some of the longer "gags" and gave a little more meat to that part of the story and it would have been much better. As is, **1/2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:49 am

Watched a few while on vacation.

The Dark Knight

Bottom Line: Christian Bale is horrible. If it weren't for Gary Oldman and Heath Ledger, this would have been the biggest waste of 2 1/2 hours in my entire life. Since when did Batman sound like Clint Eastwood? scratch Two Face isn't that weak of a character. Alfred doesn't have a cockney accent. That girl wasn't Katie Holmes. Is Gotham New York or Chicago? This movie managed to take everything that I like about Batman and twist it into some idiotic Hollywood formula with explosions and dreamy actors. Terrible. This is the worst of all Batman movies.

Hancock

Not bad until the big plot twist near the middle, then it spiraled to be the worst movie I had seen since The Dark Knight.

Indiana Jones : That Skull Movie

Spoiler:
Not as bad as The Dark Knight, but I felt pretty empty after watching this turd. Oh BTW, I hate that Shia kid.

Wanted

Third time watching this one. One of my favorites of all time. But honestly, give Angelina a gun and I'm there every time. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

Hannibal

As good as Silence of the Lambs. And Julianne Moore played Clarice just good enough to not be a distraction.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:55 am

Quote :
That girl wasn't Katie Holmes.

Not even close....and what's bad about that is that I don't even think Holmes is all that shiney. BUT, I thought The Dark Knight was still very good.

Quote :
Hancock

I had a sort-of similar feeling about that middle of the movie twist. It started out GREAT and could've been so much more.

Quote :
Indiana Jones : That Skull Movie

I thought it was entertaining, but over-the-top even for an Indiana Jones movie.
That Shia fella is actually one of the few young actors who I do like to see on screen. I find his halting stop-start delivery unique. I liked him in Transformers, especially.

**I think a lot of my movie opinions are skewed because I watch them with my kids and get caught up in their excitement. I tend to like a movie more if they do. I'm having a second childhood!! The day(s) after Christmas I was playing with my girls' little Optimus Prime wishing I still had all my original ones!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:

The Dark Knight
This is the worst of all Batman movies.

I haven't seen this yet but I find it hard to believe that it could be worse than "Batman & Robin" (Arnold as Mister Freeze: "Stay cool, Bird-Boy!" UGH!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

The Dark Knight
This is the worst of all Batman movies.

I haven't seen this yet but I find it hard to believe that it could be worse than "Batman & Robin" (Arnold as Mister Freeze: "Stay cool, Bird-Boy!" UGH!)

Batman & Robin at least had the feeling of frivolity that the early comics did. This newest one takes itself way too seriously.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:45 pm

I loved 'The Dark Knight" and IMO Christian Bale is the best Batman, my only criticism of the Batman movie is that Batman seemed to be a supporting character in his own movie.

Indiana Jones-I agree with Spectrefate, it was ok at best

I finally saw 007, Quantum of Solace last night with my son, loved it and Daniel Craig is becoming my 2nd favorite James Bond (hard to beat Sean Connery). It was also the only James Bond movie where he does not utter his famous line " My Name is Bond...James Bond'
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 pm

I bought my brother wall-e for xmas and so far he has watched it once, I myself have watched it three times! I love this movie! dystopian themes with little to no dialog for a majority of the movie rocks!

DallasBlack wrote:
Horton Hears A Who

watched it in wal-mart, not a bad movie at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next