Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...

Go down 
+13
sam
bgast1
skullsmasher
Thrasher73
kmorg
GrandNational
the sentinel
manny
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Empty
PostSubject: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:55 am

Press release:
LIZZY BORDER
By Newsferatu, Writer
Monday, January 12, 2009 @ 8:36 AM

Current Lizzy Borden guitarist Ira Black, who has previously played with Metal Church, Vicious Rumors and Heathen, has gone on a hunger strike at the Los Angeles County Jail because he claims that veganism is not being recognized by the facility as "valid and sincere."

Ira was taken into custody the morning of January 3, 2009 on a misdemeanor charge, (he apparently had a warrant out for his arrest for an unpaid fine) and is being held on $65,000 bail. Black's fiancée says that the guitarist "has been in the system for over a week now and has had to survive on a miniscule diet. Ira has been a vegan for 15 years and it seems none of the local correctional facilities will accommodate any inmate with a vegetarian or vegan diet."

She continued, "They will give inmates with medical problems or religious beliefs a different meal, but there is no concern for the vegetarians/vegans. He feels very strongly about this and has gone on a 'hunger strike' until his release later this month to show how serious this should be taken. The situation has been escalating hour by hour. "

He is now being mistreated by the guards and was forced to take off a sign he was wearing that said "hunger strike." He is also being coerced by deputies to 'just go with the system' and eat the food that is provided. He is being threatened and is worried he will be punished in unknown ways just for requesting a meal of vegetables and/or fruit.

Ira spoke to a chaplain at the jail, and they both feel like this is an issue which needs to be made public and dealt with. Ira stated: "If I can just get the word out so that people will start calling the jail, there can be some changes made."

"I want people to know how legitimate and sincere veganism and vegetarianism is and this is a serious human-rights issue, I'm not just trying to manipulate the system." Ira has also contacted other musicians, local media and PETA regarding this issue.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 am

Well son you lose all your rights when you break the law.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 am

Troublezone wrote:

Pretty much what I was gonna say.

You're in jail. Shut up and eat the hamburger, putz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Pretty much what I was gonna say.

You're in jail. Shut up and eat the hamburger, putz.

Exactly! lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:29 am

I work with 2 vegetarians (and a strict Kosher Jew) and all 3 of them are a tremendous pain in the a$$ when it comes to any sort of work-related lunches or functions. I got no sympathy for them or this hammer.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:33 am

He should just be glad that his cellmate is not offering him a tossed salad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I work with 2 vegetarians (and a strict Kosher Jew) and all 3 of them are a tremendous pain in the a$$ when it comes to any sort of work-related lunches or functions. I got no sympathy for them or this hammer.

This Lizzy Borden guy isn't just a vegetarian, he's a vegan. That means he doesn't use or consume ANYTHING that came from animals...food, clothes, shoes, etc. No leather jackets or stage pants for this guy. Not very metal of him I must say.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This Lizzy Borden guy isn't just a vegetarian, he's a vegan. That means he doesn't use or consume ANYTHING that came from animals...food, clothes, shoes, etc. No leather jackets or stage pants for this guy. Not very metal of him I must say.

Maybe he should play with Moby instead of Lizzy Borden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am

manny wrote:
He should just be glad that his cellmate is not offering him a tossed salad.

Laughing very hard

Quote :

Laughing Manny, you're on a ROLL today brother!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:41 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

And Rikki Rockett. They can go on "The Meat-Less Tour". Actually, that was the original title for Lilith Fair.

HI-Yoooooooooooo. Can I get a rim-shot here!?!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And Rikki Rockett. They can go on "The Meat-Less Tour". Actually, that was the original title for Lilith Fair.

HI-Yoooooooooooo. Can I get a rim-shot here!?!

(Badump-PISH!)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 am

Thank you, Freddy. I'm here all week folks. Make sure to take care of your bartenders and waitresses!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 am

You guys are awesome!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm

As Denis Leary said, "Meat, red meat, raw red meat, meat-o-f**kin'-rama, you will eat it. This country was founded on two things: Meat and War. You eat enough meat, you wanna KILL somebody! That's the way it works!"

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:12 pm

He's a vegan in the middle of a sausage fest. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He's a vegan in the middle of a sausage fest. Shocked

affraid

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 pm

This thread's got legs!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

the sentinel wrote:

lol!

Apparently, it has 3. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

lol!

Apparently, it has 3. Shocked

TRIPOD!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm

You guys are idiots. It is cheaper to eat fruits and veggies than it is anything processed. If they made ALL the inmates eat like that, it would save the county some dough and the inmates would be healthier. And if a guy decides he wants to eat healthier, instead of putting all the garbage into his body that we do ours, that is a bad thing? That makes him "non-metal" some how? Seems to me that he will live and rock longer than I will. Metal board close-mindedness strikes again.

And 65k bail for an unpaid fine? Remind me never to get busted for anything in L.A.!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

And 65k bail for an unpaid fine? Remind me never to get busted for anything in L.A.!

That sounds fishy to me, there has to be more to it than that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
You guys are idiots. It is cheaper to eat fruits and veggies than it is anything processed. If they made ALL the inmates eat like that, it would save the county some dough and the inmates would be healthier. And if a guy decides he wants to eat healthier, instead of putting all the garbage into his body that we do ours, that is a bad thing? That makes him "non-metal" some how? Seems to me that he will live and rock longer than I will. Metal board close-mindedness strikes again.

But Sax, they're trying to clog their arteries on purpose. They don't want them to be healthy. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:01 pm

This thread just kind slapped me as irritating. Ripping on a true metal brother like Ira Black because of what he chooses to eat. Just seems wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:02 pm

I agree with Saxon we need to keep our prisoners healthier, we donot need a nation of crooks weezing as they run out of bank or 7-11 after they have held up, after all we do have standards.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

I totally agree with Sax. I'm what I call a meataterian for most of the year, but during Lent, I go vegan for 40 days. I have to to tell you that not eating any meat products or anything made from animals (cheese, milk, eggs, etc.) for 40 days can really challenge you and teach you a lot about yourself. It also shows how little we really need to eat to live on. And, you feel a whole lot better by not putting in so much crap we put in on a daily basis, plus a clarity of mind.

So the next time any co-worker becomes a pain in the ass when it comes to food, just walk in their shoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...   Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lizzy Borden guitarist in jail...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next