Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best from Lizzy Borden?

Go down 
+7
spiritoradio
nevermore
ultmetal
Thrasher73
brontotex
krokus
Metal Misfit
11 posters

Which Lizzy Borden full studio album do you like best?
Love You To Pieces (1985)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap28%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Menace to Society (1986)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap0%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Visual Lies (1987)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap44%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Master of Disguise (1989)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap17%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Deal with the Devil (2000)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap11%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Appointment with Dead (2007)
The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_lcap0%The best from Lizzy Borden? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The best from Lizzy Borden? Empty
PostSubject: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Because we all love polls...

Curious as to opinion around here about Lizzy Borden albums. I just got into them (and I mean that as in... last week). I've got the song 'American Metal' on a hair band compilation and have liked it. I just picked up Master of Disguise and Menace to Society last week, and picked up Appointment with Death today.

So.. Fave album? Fave songs?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 pm

I would say MASTER OF DISGUISE. Its a very underrated heavy metal album. I bought APPOINTMENT WITH DEAD today but still didnt listen to it thats why i dont know if its better then MASTER OF DISGUISE.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 pm

SOME OF MY FAVE SONGS BY LIZZY BORDEN ARE:
AMERICAN METAL
ME AGAINST THE WORLD
GIVE EM THE AXE
ROT OF IRON
GENERATION ALIENS
NOTORIOUS
THEIR WILL BE BLOOD TONIGHT
MASTER OF DISGUISE
SINS OF THE FLESH
PHANTOMS
OUTCAST
EYES OF A STRANGER
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 pm

I like them all so much, I can't choose.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 pm

I always liked Visual Lies.I havent heard the newest one yet.Me against the World is one of my favorite songs.Pretty much sums up how I feel most of the time Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Visual Lies. It's probably one of my favorite melodic heavy metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Can't vote as I haven't heard their latest yet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Out of the three I've actually heard -- 'Master of Disguise'. One False Move is a really creepy sounding ballad, and Love Is A Crime and Sins of the Flesh are amazing.

'Appointment' is pretty good, but nothing really stands out as all that catchy to me besides Under Your Skin (which I can easily picture as a hot rock radio single... if it was by a "new" band). Appointment with Death, Something's Crawlin', and The Darker Side are really good though. Their look on the inserts is a bit of shock, they look like they should be playing metal that's a A LOT harder and uglier than what they do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:43 pm

This is a tough one for me as I love Lizzy.

I chose Visual Lies as it was my introduction to the band. However, Love You To Pieces and the newest one are right behind it.

Yes, Appointment With Death is that good, methinks.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 10:02 pm

I have yet to hear the new one but I went with Visual Lies followed closely by Menace To Society.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 2:18 am

I really like Deal With the Devil. I like their cover of Generation Landslide and This Ain't the Summer of Love.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 am

"Love You To Pieces" # 1."Visual Lies" #2 (despite some very nice fretwork from Joe Holmes).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 5:37 pm

I vote for "Visual Lies" as it contains Lizzy's all time best song, "Me Against The World."

I saw Lizzy Borden on the MASTER OF DISGUISE tour and wow, they can throw down BIG time on stage! I was not a big fan before I went to that show (I attended basically as a favor for a friend who WAS a huge LB fan who had no one to go to the show with), but once I left the venue I'd changed my mind about Lizzy and started tracking down his CDs.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Love You To Pieces (the only one I've heard besides the Murderous Metal Roadshow)
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:35 pm

I don't know how Deal with the Devil sounds, but this new one kinda reminds me of Dream Evil at times...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:14 am

I'm really digging this new Lizzy Borden CD. Excellent traditional/classic heavy metal with Lizzy's unique vocals. Anyone else liking "Appointment with Death"?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm really digging this new Lizzy Borden CD. Excellent traditional/classic heavy metal with Lizzy's unique vocals. Anyone else liking "Appointment with Death"?

I just picked it up yesterday. I haven't heard it all the way through, but the 1st 3 or 4 songs I've heard are great. I'll be cranking it today.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:17 am

I went with Visual Lies but could have chosen just about anyone. They are all that good to me. Visual Lies ,however, has the most songs that stick out in my mind (especially Shock and Visions).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:08 am

I voted for Deal with the Devil.

Prior to that album, I only new Lizzy by a few songs and his appearance in the Decline of Western Civilization. When I heard DwtD for the first time, my nipples spun like aiplane propellers and my nutsack bounced up and down like a yo-yo. You don't get that kind of reaction too often anymore. I like the new one, but it's not grabbing me right off the bat. It might take a few more spins before I start getting any kind of genital acrobatics.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Prior to that album, I only new Lizzy by a few songs and his appearance in the Decline of Western Civilization. When I heard DwtD for the first time, my nipples spun like aiplane propellers and my nutsack bounced up and down like a yo-yo. You don't get that kind of reaction too often anymore. I like the new one, but it's not grabbing me right off the bat. It might take a few more spins before I start getting any kind of genital acrobatics.

Wow! That's...uh...a very descriptive explanation. Suspect

I'm addicted to Appointment with Death. Probably Lizzy's best yet. Guitar work is great! Lizzy's vocals are outstanding.

"Somthin's Crawlin" reminds me of "Symphony of Destruction". Anyone else notice the similarity in the main riff?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wow! That's...uh...a very descriptive explanation. Suspect

I'm addicted to Appointment with Death. Probably Lizzy's best yet. Guitar work is great! Lizzy's vocals are outstanding.

"Somthin's Crawlin" reminds me of "Symphony of Destruction". Anyone else notice the similarity in the main riff?

I'm listening to Appointment with Death right now and I can feel my boys starting to do their calisthenics. And yes, there is definatley similiar riffage going on between Somethin's Crawlin and Symphony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:55 pm

Whoa...LIZZY BORDEN were one of my absolute favorite bands when I was a teen. Those classic metal bands from the mid-80's like them, WARLORD, OMEN, TYRANT, ATTACKER, NASTY SAVAGE were so memorable. With that said, though, I haven't heard anything post-80's that LIZZY BORDEN have released. For me, nothing beats 1985's Love You To Pieces. I had everything they did on vinyl in the 80's, including the Give 'Em The Axe EP, the live Murderous Metal Road Show double record (and VHS), and the Terror Rising EP, too. Unfortunately, I never did see them live back then. A great friend of mine caught them on the West Coast about 4 years ago or so. He took a photo with Lizzy, which was pretty cool.

Does anyone else think that the opening guitar-riff run in "Notorious" sounds very similar to the after-chorus guitar-riff run in BRIDE's "Fire And Brimstone" at the 1:01-1:04 mark? Or at least it reminds me of it a bit. I remember how cool it was upon first seeing the movie Trick Or Treat from '86. Remember during the opening credits when the camera is just moving about Eddie's bedroom showing his wall posters and such? They showed an awesome poster of LIZZY BORDEN...YEAH!!! And the ultra-cool ANTHRAX "Armed & Dangerous" poster. Cool memories, won't they?

Ironically, in the late 80's under a bridge overpass on Highway 64 heading into Raleigh, NC, some overzealous fan, much like myself, had spray-painted a huge LIZZY BORDEN logo on the angled cement underneath. Everytime you'd ride by it, it would stand out like a huge LIZZY BORDEN billboard promo. I'm sure the countless people who weren't "in the know" were like, "What in the world is that all about?" It stayed up there for a couple of years...not like today where graffiti is removed immediately. With all the folks that commuted by there each day, I'll bet ya that that graffiti-logo did as much for promoting the band as a full-page ad in Metal Forces or Kerrang did...lol

I agree on the comment about Master Of Disguise being a very underrated album. If I had to rate them, I'd choose...

Love You To Pieces '85
Menace To Society '86
Master Of Disguise '89
Visual Lies '87 (Sounds like a MEGADETH "play on words" title from the 80's, as does Terror Rising)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best from Lizzy Borden?   The best from Lizzy Borden? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best from Lizzy Borden?
Page 1 of 1