Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Empty
PostSubject: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXJVIggZM8
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 am

Man, that brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for posting that! It's so unfair that they need to go out as TSO to get these songs played!

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 am

kmorg wrote:
Man, that brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for posting that! It's so unfair that they need to go out as TSO to get these songs played!

They only did this with the west coast version of TSO. The whole country didn't even get a chance to see this.

JOP plays mostly Savatage songs too, bro. I think they took the Savatage name as far as they could.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:42 am

But JOP will never play to the mass of people TSO does.

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 am

Why have I never realized that dude is white? He sounds like a black dude!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 pm

kmorg wrote:

Either did Savatage. That's why TSO is so cool. They finally did it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:50 pm

That was great, excellent post, thank god for the youtube downloader.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Who is the vocalist? He reminds me of Joe Cocker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Pretty cool rendition, but I much personally prefer Jon singing that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Pretty cool rendition, but I much personally prefer Jon singing that one.

i just think it's cool that maybe some people who only know who TSO are, will understand where they came form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Quote :
i just think it's cool that maybe some people who only know who TSO are, will understand where they came form.

Definitely. That's a beautiful song that everyone should hear, no matter who sings it. I wonder if they mention Savatage by name at TSO concerts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:19 pm

The one I saw, no. They did play Criss' acoustic piece off Sirens sivler edition before the show.

I got the feeling most people there had no clue about Savatage.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
The one I saw, no. They did play Criss' acoustic piece off Sirens sivler edition before the show.

I find that to be sad statement, but I am sure it is true since I know I few people who love thier Christmas album but the heaviest cd in their collection is Michael Bolton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Quote :
heaviest cd in their collection is Michael Bolton

..and NOT the one with Bruce Kulick on it.

Love ya, Fred! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Whatever you do, don't stand up at a TSO show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:27 pm

detuned wrote:
Who is the vocalist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I believe it's Tom Hockenberry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 pm

detuned wrote:
detuned wrote:
Who is the vocalist?

Looks like Tim Hockenberry. Check and see if you can tell.

http://www.trans-siberian.com/about/theband.shtml

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=361570537
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:35 pm

I was at the East Coast show, and Alex Skolnik was at the east coast TSO. Al Petrelli was at the West Coast. They played Believe at the concert I went to, and yes Kmorg that was Alex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Saxon loves Alex in TSO!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Quote :
Whatever you do, don't stand up at a TSO show.]

We were on our feet lots of times. Chris really knows how to work the crowd. I'm still reeling from that show. The lights the atmosphere. Wow is all I can say. Them violin players were out of this world. The other thing that I really liked was the gift to charity before the show started. Chris Caffery presented it. I felt that the second half of the show was a pure metal onslaught. Where we were sitting we could feel the heat from the pyro. I spent a lot of money though. Bought the T shirt, bought a program, and a Christmas tree ornament. I have listened to at least one Savatage album a day since the show. January 3, 2009.

This was by far the best concert I have ever attended in my life, and probably ever will

Last edited by bgast1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 pm

manny wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

I find that to be sad statement, but I am sure it is true since I know I few people who love thier Christmas album but the heaviest cd in their collection is Michael Bolton

I doubt that at the concert I went to. There were lots of Savatage fans there. They went wild when they did Believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

bgast1 wrote:
[quoteWhatever you do, don't stand up at a TSO show.]

We were on our feet lots of times. Chris really knows how to work the crowd. I'm still reeling from that show. The lights the atmosphere. Wow is all I can say. Them violin players were out of this world.[/quote]

The show i went to, one guy almost got castrated for standing up. Not that that matters, it was a great show. Just a different audience than what I'm used to.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
[quoteWhatever you do, don't stand up at a TSO show.]

We were on our feet lots of times. Chris really knows how to work the crowd. I'm still reeling from that show. The lights the atmosphere. Wow is all I can say. Them violin players were out of this world.

The show i went to, one guy almost got castrated for standing up. Not that that matters, it was a great show. Just a different audience than what I'm used to.[/quote]

I suppose you are right, we saw everyone from 4 years old to probably 80 years old. Most everyone there was probably 40's or 50's though. The same was true of the Alice Cooper concert that I went to. But we were on our feet the entire concert at Alice Cooper. I've not been to any metal concerts before, so I was actually glad to have been able to sit at the TSO concerts.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:56 pm

kmorg wrote:

Who is JOP? This old man hate acronyms, I can never figure them out. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Believe (Savatage tribute) for Kmorg
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next