Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Go down 
+5
thejokeriv
mc666
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Well, winter is comming and it is time for another TSO tour. This begs the question, "When the hell is The Dark Catle comming out!!!!!" When I went to the Winter Tour in '04, they were talking about releasing it within the next year. Now it is Winter Tour '07 and STILL no Dark Castle. I love the Christmas albums but don't listen to them except in the fall/winter time. Beethoven's Last Night is a favortie of mine and I want another year round TSO album to listen to. At this rate we are looking at a 2010 release (if that)!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 pm

TSO is awesome! The Christmas albums are great, but they're seasonal. I'd love another non-Christmas album! I can't wait for it. The damn thing was supposed to be out in 2005! Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Yep...I don't break them out until the day after Thanksgiving. I also bought Blackmore's Night - Winter Carols and it's still in its wrapper until November 23....
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 5:44 am

Beethoven's Last Night was/is awesome, but yeah it's time to release something new that we can listen to for more than a month. A lot of people don't even realize that TSO has released an UN-Christmas album. They have no idea and that is just Sad to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:17 am

Because there is only one non-Christmas album I secretly listen to the Christmas ones at odd times. From after Halloween until after Christmas and one week in July (I got that idea from Christmas in July, an event that takes place in Northern United States). But just once I'd like to listen to more than just Beethoven's... during the other times of the year.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 am

when did TSO become a metal band? shouldn't this be in the rock area?

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:48 am

mc666 wrote:

TSO is at it's heart, a metal band. Yes it adds classical music, broadway singing, gospel, etc. but it is still metal. Especially if you look at Beethoven's Last Night which is not wholly different than Dead Winter Dead (minus the vocals).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 am

Can't wait until Thanksgiving so I can break out the CD's!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:26 pm

I've seen them at least 4 times over the years and will probably go again this December. My wife & I took my parents and my brother & his finacee last year and they loved it. My mom wants to make it a holiday tradition that we all go together, then out to a nice dinner.

These are the same people that told me to "turn that crap down" when I was a teen at home.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:07 am

mc666 wrote:

Since Jon isists that TSO is the Savatage of today...........

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:43 am

kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

that is blasphemy Mad

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:34 am

I still mourn for a real Savatage album, but I love TSO. Seen them twice and had Johnny Lee Middleton sign every Savatage cover I have. Al Pitrelli has also signed the stuff he played on for me.

They put on a GREAT live show. Anyone pining for the huge arena tours of the eighties with lots of lights and flash pots owes it to themselves to see TSO.

Nicht Castle? Sure it's coming out, but they are waiting for Axl to get Chinese Democracy out first.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I still mourn for a real Savatage album, but I love TSO. Seen them twice and had Johnny Lee Middleton sign every Savatage cover I have. Al Pitrelli has also signed the stuff he played on for me.

They put on a GREAT live show. Anyone pining for the huge arena tours of the eighties with lots of lights and flash pots owes it to themselves to see TSO.

Nicht Castle? Sure it's coming out, but they are waiting for Axl to get Chinese Democracy out first.

Unfortunatly at this time, Jon says his current band is basically the new Savatage. He feels that Savatage has caused him to be broke and misrable but now he is happy. However, he will one of these days go back and possibly do one more album and a farewell tour (in other words a new Savatage album is many years away).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 1:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

that is blasphemy Mad
I think kmorg has his bands mixed up. Jon says that about Jon Oliva's Pain, not TSO. At least I've not heard it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

that is blasphemy Mad
I think kmorg has his bands mixed up. Jon says that about Jon Oliva's Pain, not TSO. At least I've not heard it.

No, Jon is sayin that Savatage grew into TSO. He is even using the Srajevo track as a reference. Savatage recorded it, and nobody cared. Then TSO recorded it, and it became a hit. So basically TSO to him is Savatage making money. That is why he started Jon Oliva's Pain. Savatage became TSO, so Jon went solo.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:12 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

that is blasphemy Mad

No, Jon is sayin that Savatage grew into TSO. He is even using the Srajevo track as a reference. Savatage recorded it, and nobody cared. Then TSO recorded it, and it became a hit. So basically TSO to him is Savatage making money. That is why he started Jon Oliva's Pain. Savatage became TSO, so Jon went solo.

Yeah, I didn't quite remember the interview with Jon (my memory is not the best) and that is what he meant. I was mostly right on my previous post, Savatage made him no moneyand now he has TSO and Jon Oliva's Pain, he might do a farewell album/tour for Savatage but we shouldn't hold our breath on that.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:14 pm

I thought the farewell tour / gig was a definite, along with an anniversary DVD. It just may be a while. Or at least, that's what I remember from the interview.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Smindas wrote:
I thought the farewell tour / gig was a definite, along with an anniversary DVD. It just may be a while. Or at least, that's what I remember from the interview.

Here is what Wikipedia has quoted from a Jon Oliva interview:

'In an interview to Aardschok, a Dutch Magazine, in June 2006, Jon Oliva announced that he wants to record one more Savatage album, with a live CD and DVD to follow it, before ending the band. He did not specify a release date to a new album, however. Chris Caffery then said in an interview in October 2006 that if a new Savatage album was to be recorded, then it's likely that Alex Skolnick would be involved, as well as original drummer Steve "Doc" Wacholz[9]. In an November 2006 interview to Greek website, MetalTemple.com, Jon Oliva himself shot down all rumours of the return of Savatage, claiming that it never made him any money, but instead it cost him one million US dollars to keep the band going over the years [7]. Jon also said that his new band, Jon Oliva's Pain, is basically Savatage reincarnated, so it could co-exist with the more successful Trans-Siberian Orchestra. He did however state that a one-off anniversary tour featuring Skolnick, Wacholz and other past Savatage members is being planned with Paul O'Neill as a final send off to the band. Zachary Stevens has made it clear that he will participate in a 25th anniversary festivities with the band [10]. Jon Oliva then said about the band "Well, it's over but it's not over, you know what I mean? It's over right now because no one's doing anything. We haven't disbanded or anything. We have plans to do something in the future." [11] Jon also announced that he is doing "some video compilation stuff, and editing old things for a bonus DVD to go with it, that has a ton of live Criss stuff in concert, a lot of backstage frolicking about, and going to castles in Europe".'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:37 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

that is blasphemy Mad

Ah, I've not heard him say that, but I can totally understand it. TSO is definitely not very different from Savatage musically. The Broadway-like vocals and choirs give it a slightly different feel, but I always have found it funny that "Sarejevo," TSO's big hit song, is a Savatage song. Haha. I also love watching the old people at the TSO shows rockin' out, though they wouldn't be caught dead at a "Savatage" show, even if they played all their latter material that is like TSO's material. Haha.

Either way, as much as I'd have loved Savatage to carry on, if that happened we may not have gotten TSO, Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain, or Caffery's solo material. I think all that is a good trade, if we never get another Savatage album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:38 pm

Smindas wrote:
I think a 25th Anniversary something is a definite, but nothing is set in stone yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:39 pm

I haven't had the chance to hear Caffery's solo material. How would you describe the music?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I haven't had the chance to hear Caffery's solo material. How would you describe the music?

More like Doctor Butcher, but also with a lot of different influences and ideas.

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Like Circle II Circle and Jon Oliva's Pain, it's not so far off from the Sava style, but I think Chris's stuff is more metal-based, with less pomp, you know? His vocals sound a hell of a lot like Jon's, too. His solo stuff isn't perfect, but I think Pins And Needles is a step up from the previous one (which is really three, Faces, God Damn War, and W.A.R.P.E.D.). Have you heard anything? If not...

http://www.myspace.com/chriscaffery
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Like Circle II Circle and Jon Oliva's Pain, it's not so far off from the Sava style, but I think Chris's stuff is more metal-based, with less pomp, you know? His vocals sound a hell of a lot like Jon's, too. His solo stuff isn't perfect, but I think Pins And Needles is a step up from the previous one (which is really three, Faces, God Damn War, and W.A.R.P.E.D.). Have you heard anything? If not...

[url=http://www.myspace.com/chriscaffery
http://www.myspace.com/chriscaffery[/quote[/url]]

Bad a**!!!!🤘 Thanks!Cool
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 3:55 pm

It's all about 'Pisses Me Off'. One of the most genius songs I have ever heard.

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next